Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: Donald Trump’s Harassment of a Teenage Girl on Twitter Led to Death and Rape Threats

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    26,950
    Thanks
    21546

    From
    Behind the Redwood Curtain

    Donald Trump’s Harassment of a Teenage Girl on Twitter Led to Death and Rape Threats

    December 9, 2016 10:23 a.m.

    By Claire Landsbaum

    In October 2015, then-18-year-old Lauren Batchelder asked Trump a question at a political forum in New Hampshire. “So, maybe I’m wrong, maybe you can prove me wrong, but I don’t think you’re a friend to women,” she said. Trump defended himself, and Batchelder took the mic again, asking if she’d get equal pay and access to abortion with Trump as president. Trump answered: “You’re going to make the same if you do as good of a job, and I happen to be pro-life, okay?”

    Batchelder thought that was the end of it, but when she woke up the next day, she realized that the current president-elect had sent out a series of tweets about her. “The arrogant young woman who questioned me in such a nasty fashion at No Labels yesterday was a Jeb staffer!” he tweeted. (Batchelder is not, and has never been, a staffer for Jeb Bush, though she did volunteer for his campaign.) His followers replied with screenshots of Batchelder and posted her phone number and other personal information online.


    Within hours, her phone began to ring, and her email inbox and Facebook account filled with threatening messages. “I didn’t really know what anyone was going to do,” Batchelder, now 19, told the Washington Post. “He was only going to tweet about it and that was it, but I didn’t really know what his supporters were going to do, and that to me was the scariest part.”

    She said the abuse has continued, prompting one Trump supporter to send her a Facebook message five days before the election that read, “Wishing I could f—ing punch you in the face. id then proceed to stomp your head on the curb and urinate in your bloodied mouth and i know where you live, so watch your f—ing back punk.”

    Trump?s Harassment of a Teenage Girl Led to Rape Threats
    Thanks from cable2 and Bourne

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    45,597
    Thanks
    8552

    Trump didn't call for any violence against this woman and can't be responsible for what some idiots do.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26,119
    Thanks
    22669

    From
    SWUSA
    Look at the vitriol if anyone questions Trump's actions on this board. His supporters are unhinged.
    Thanks from Dangermouse, cable2 and labrea

  4. #4
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18,756
    Thanks
    16257

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Trump didn't call for any violence against this woman and can't be responsible for what some idiots do.
    Thats called implausible deniability. He knowingly unleashed the crazies on her.
    Thanks from cable2, labrea and Bourne

  5. #5
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    26,949
    Thanks
    7094

    From
    TN
    If a teenager killed themelsves because of a "Tweet" there was a greater problem than Tweet. Parents should have blocked her social media access.

  6. #6
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,126
    Thanks
    3041

    From
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Look at the vitriol if anyone questions Trump's actions on this board. His supporters are unhinged.
    But that's not their fault. In this thread it would be Labrea's fault. Right? I mean following the same Logic.
    Thanks from cable2

  7. #7
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16,361
    Thanks
    12831

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    December 9, 2016 10:23 a.m.

    By Claire Landsbaum

    In October 2015, then-18-year-old Lauren Batchelder asked Trump a question at a political forum in New Hampshire. “So, maybe I’m wrong, maybe you can prove me wrong, but I don’t think you’re a friend to women,” she said. Trump defended himself, and Batchelder took the mic again, asking if she’d get equal pay and access to abortion with Trump as president. Trump answered: “You’re going to make the same if you do as good of a job, and I happen to be pro-life, okay?”

    Batchelder thought that was the end of it, but when she woke up the next day, she realized that the current president-elect had sent out a series of tweets about her. “The arrogant young woman who questioned me in such a nasty fashion at No Labels yesterday was a Jeb staffer!” he tweeted. (Batchelder is not, and has never been, a staffer for Jeb Bush, though she did volunteer for his campaign.) His followers replied with screenshots of Batchelder and posted her phone number and other personal information online.


    Within hours, her phone began to ring, and her email inbox and Facebook account filled with threatening messages. “I didn’t really know what anyone was going to do,” Batchelder, now 19, told the Washington Post. “He was only going to tweet about it and that was it, but I didn’t really know what his supporters were going to do, and that to me was the scariest part.”

    She said the abuse has continued, prompting one Trump supporter to send her a Facebook message five days before the election that read, “Wishing I could f—ing punch you in the face. id then proceed to stomp your head on the curb and urinate in your bloodied mouth and i know where you live, so watch your f—ing back punk.”

    Trump?s Harassment of a Teenage Girl Led to Rape Threats
    And we should be surprised that the thin skinned PIECE OF SHIT would take out an 18 year GIRL? How dare she speak--if she didn't AGREE with him? He finally got the wife that kept HER MOUTH SHUT! It took him 3 tries.
    Thanks from cable2, labrea and Bourne

  8. #8
    Fuck Trump The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,967
    Thanks
    17247

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    If a teenager killed themelsves because of a "Tweet" there was a greater problem than Tweet. Parents should have blocked her social media access.
    She didn't kill herself, where did you get that???
    Thanks from cable2 and labrea

  9. #9
    Proud deplorable Bigot Outdraw Poker Champion, Colinks :Swap Champion
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,126
    Thanks
    3041

    From
    MI
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    She didn't kill herself, where did you get that???
    She only received death threats. She is not dead.
    Thanks from cable2 and labrea

  10. #10
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26,119
    Thanks
    22669

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by metheron View Post
    But that's not their fault. In this thread it would be Labrea's fault. Right? I mean following the same Logic.
    The actions of the Trump unhinged in defense of Trump is no one's "fault". Did the OP claim that actions of Trump's supporters was Trump's "fault"?

    In fact, the OP made no assessment of Trump or his unhinged supporters. The OP simply cited the material article.

    I...stated that his supporters are unhinged. That is my observation of THEIR actions in defense of Trump.
    Thanks from cable2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th November 2016, 01:55 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 15th October 2016, 12:30 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 14th October 2016, 07:08 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13th September 2016, 10:04 AM
  5. Replies: 460
    Last Post: 17th October 2014, 11:39 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed