Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 111
Thanks Tree76Thanks

Thread: Question For Alll.

  1. #61
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,929
    Thanks
    21935

    From
    New Hampshire
    Did anyone see this earlier today? Interesting stuff.

    "As Donald Trump’s inauguration draws near, Democrats fear they remain woefully unprepared to fight the new president’s agenda. The party loses its standard-bearer once President Barack Obama leaves office, and the Democratic National Committee won’t get a permanent chairman and staff until March, two months into the presidency. That Democratic power vacuum has raised concerns about the party's ability to provide a united message — or even to stand up a centralized rapid response operation — for the president's first 100 days in office. Their worst nightmare is that Trump, ever the showman, will define his opening act with little unified resistance."

    Democrats fear another Trump trouncing - POLITICO

  2. #62
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,793
    Thanks
    2228

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I know I am not particularly in good graces right now, getting thanks from the other side, but
    that is not my intention.

    This concerns what many on the right call," Bleeding Heart Liberals."I truly feel the reason we are not winning elections. God knows,we should have won this one. But we have reached the point of making excuses for every wrong doing in this country with the whining phrase," But they suffered,etc.

    The average American that works every day,taking care of their families,going to work sick or well are fed up with Democratic excuses. Other wise Trump would not have won.

    And do not give me the bit about Hillary winning more votes. I know that!

    But when are you going to come out against all the protests, looting and burning? You are not solving problems by making excuses. The one in Ferguson was because a Kid attacked a Policeman in his car,trying to take his gun. I have no idea what was in the Policeman's mind.

    There are rightful reason's for Police brutality, but Democrats have embraced them all, right or wrong, making them all victims.

    You can turn your anger on me all you want, but that is not going to get us winning again.

    We have to face the fact that is not what workers of all creeds want to hear. They did not like being called deplorables. That sounds as elite as Ann Romney's," You people have got all you are going to get."

    Our party leaders have become as elite as Republicans.

    I am not posting these things to tear down my party. I am trying to help rebuild what Democrats once stood for. Quit making excuses for all you claim are victims,right or wrong. Get back to embracing, the worker or we will continue to lose.

    I am a moderate Democrat, who believes in being self sufficient. Excusing all behavior is not a winning card.

    I know Trump is one of the worst, but we helped elect him,and it is going to be a long,hard winter.
    Ms. Maryanne,

    I've always been against the protests, burning, and looting. And been very vocal about it.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36,498
    Thanks
    26477

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Did anyone see this earlier today? Interesting stuff.

    "As Donald Trump’s inauguration draws near, Democrats fear they remain woefully unprepared to fight the new president’s agenda. The party loses its standard-bearer once President Barack Obama leaves office, and the Democratic National Committee won’t get a permanent chairman and staff until March, two months into the presidency. That Democratic power vacuum has raised concerns about the party's ability to provide a united message — or even to stand up a centralized rapid response operation — for the president's first 100 days in office. Their worst nightmare is that Trump, ever the showman, will define his opening act with little unified resistance."

    Democrats fear another Trump trouncing - POLITICO
    I did, and know we need leaders that will be more to the middle. If Democrats did not learn that this year they deserve to lose.

    This is why I have been posting the way I have for the last few weeks. Republicans fight dirty. This is not time for being above it all. I do know Schumer is a fighter, but we need more.

    Love Trumps Hate does not work in Politics.

    BTW, Mitch has joined the call for an investigation of the hacking. Is that what you call," Leading from behind?"
    Thanks from cable2

  4. #64
    Done "clowning" around Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12,830
    Thanks
    5560

    From
    Es reconocido en buena parte del mundo y casi siempre se lo asocia al talento y la creatividad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    MaryAnne,

    God loves you and I'm trying. Being self sufficient and being a Democrat is an oxymoron. The Democrats are more than half of the problem. They want a government program for every social ill that comes along and they want to take away the firearms of citizens through registration, unconstitutional background checks, and limiting the style and type of firearm one owns.

    Democrats want an all inclusive America provided it locks out those who disagree with them. Like the Republicans, they are content to build walls, not bridges. The only enemy the Democrats have is the posterity of this country's founders and supporters.

    Yeah, the Republicans have their faults. America needs a new party that understands and adheres to the Constitution. It definitely will not be found with Democrats.
    What a load of complete, unmitigated BULLSHIT.

    Republicans will swear that Republicans are bad, but Democrats are worse! They do this to spread irrational fear of any and all regulatory entities, so that big business (oil, prison system, anyone who pollutes) has a free pass to fuck over everyday people.

    As to why the Democrats lost, Dems got lazy and assumed that Hillary would win in a landslide.

    Oh, most of Trumps last minute help came when James Comey wrote a very cryptic letter to congress, ONE WEEK before a presidential election, informing them that Clinton was under investigation AGAIN (not really what was happening, but you could not tell stupid people this).

  5. #65
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,451
    Thanks
    254

    From
    under a rock near NC / GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    What a load of complete, unmitigated BULLSHIT.

    Republicans will swear that Republicans are bad, but Democrats are worse! They do this to spread irrational fear of any and all regulatory entities, so that big business (oil, prison system, anyone who pollutes) has a free pass to fuck over everyday people.

    As to why the Democrats lost, Dems got lazy and assumed that Hillary would win in a landslide.

    Oh, most of Trumps last minute help came when James Comey wrote a very cryptic letter to congress, ONE WEEK before a presidential election, informing them that Clinton was under investigation AGAIN (not really what was happening, but you could not tell stupid people this).
    Such a big statement with no substance to back it up.

    Let's be perfectly clear:

    I am not on the side of the Ds nor the Rs. I'm a constitutionalist. As such, I realize that over the last fifty years the Democrats have become the major party of socialists / communists and the Republicans are socialist lite. That is just reality.

    Most regulatory agencies are not needed. The nanny state of the left is just as bad as the POLICE STATE of the right. From the right I do not need the Dept. of Homeland (IN) Security, the so - called "Patriot Act," National ID / REAL ID Act, E-Verify, and the womb to the tomb surveillance along with the background checks and prove this, prove that mentality.

    From the left I do not need the assaults on the family and the assaults on religion. We can do without gun control, gun bans, registrations, etc. Democrats want to get their votes by pandering to every special interest on the face of the earth, who in turn, are convinced that they have a "right" to stick their hand into the pocket of their fellow man for their existence.

    We can blame Russians, Comey, apathy or even little green men from Mars for the defeat of Hillary Clinton. But, she lost - AND the worst possible choice the Republicans could make is now your president. You cannot discount the facts. Sizable numbers of people went to the polls and voted for Trump due to issues like gun control, the fact that the upcoming president gets to nominate Supreme Court Justices and the one issue that got a lot of people - that nutty ass idea of putting a wall around the southern border of the United States.

    I oppose the right's immigration policy, they put me in your camp and curse me, and with their dying breath they will claim I am a liberal. I can point out the facts that the Democrats have been at the forefront of gutting the Second Amendment, and people like you will curse me and claim I'm a Republican. I am neither.

    I've watched both sides trip all over each other, worrying more about political jockeying and trying to prove how "right" they are while America is being destroyed. Both sides are doing what they can to dismantle the Constitution because it's more important to have the illusion of a "win" over the other side. It wasn't that many years ago that the Republicans were the black man's party. Today the white supremacists find refuge there. But, at the end of the day, both sides still want a government / God. Democrats want a government agency to be in charge of feeding them, clothing them, and pampering them. Republicans have attracted this group of dumb asses that think they can put a wall around America, kick out the Hispanics and put a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT in place and we'll all be magically safe and have a good job.

    Both sides have to be joking! You people are so far away from what the founding fathers of this nation envisioned that you cannot even hear their voices any longer. Let me make it plain to you. I don't need the government holding my hand.

    Neither side can tell me who I can associate with, hire for a job, or welcome into my home. Neither side can tell me whether or not I can own a gun and what kind. My personal safety is my responsibility, so I don't need someone telling me the value of my life. The government don't need to come to my home and tell me what kinds of animals I can own or whether or not I can use by back yard for a garden. If I over-eat, that's on me, not you. And when it comes to religion, Thomas Jefferson said it best, "it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." So, religion is not something you can dictate either.

    The right is not going to tell me that I cannot save money because the guy painting my porch is not a Socialist Security Card carrying, National ID owning, white boy that has undergone a pee test, hair sample test, criminal background check, MVR check, financial records check, and has his birth certificate on hand. Conversely, the left has no constitutional authority to invade my Fourth Amendment Rights by forcing people to give up said Rights in exchange for exercising another Right. I will not undergo a Universal Background Check in order to exercise a Second Amendment Right. Neither will the left win the war over whether or not I can grow what I want on my property and use it to the extent that it does not impose on my neighbor's Rights.

    Spin it any way you like. The nanny state of the left or the POLICE STATE of the right. Both are equally wrong and neither the Ds or the Rs offered us a genuine choice in the last election.

  6. #66
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,653
    Thanks
    1178

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    As to why the Democrats lost, Dems got lazy and assumed that Hillary would win in a landslide.
    For 9 1/2 years I've been told that Hillary was going to be the next POTUS. It made perfect sense to have our first woman president. I was a little shocked when Obama beat Hillary in the primary but even more shocked when Obama refused to prosecute the war criminals and Wall Street crooks.

    Obama did very little for working and middle class Americans. Most of us blamed republicans for blocking everything that Obama tried to do but in hindsight it was Obama who got lazy and assumed that voters would continue to support perpetual war and crony capitalism from the democratic party.
    Thanks from Humorme

  7. #67
    Done "clowning" around Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12,830
    Thanks
    5560

    From
    Es reconocido en buena parte del mundo y casi siempre se lo asocia al talento y la creatividad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    Such a big statement with no substance to back it up.

    Let's be perfectly clear:

    I am not on the side of the Ds nor the Rs. I'm a constitutionalist. As such, I realize that over the last fifty years the Democrats have become the major party of socialists / communists and the Republicans are socialist lite. That is just reality.

    Most regulatory agencies are not needed. The nanny state of the left is just as bad as the POLICE STATE of the right. From the right I do not need the Dept. of Homeland (IN) Security, the so - called "Patriot Act," National ID / REAL ID Act, E-Verify, and the womb to the tomb surveillance along with the background checks and prove this, prove that mentality.

    From the left I do not need the assaults on the family and the assaults on religion. We can do without gun control, gun bans, registrations, etc. Democrats want to get their votes by pandering to every special interest on the face of the earth, who in turn, are convinced that they have a "right" to stick their hand into the pocket of their fellow man for their existence.

    We can blame Russians, Comey, apathy or even little green men from Mars for the defeat of Hillary Clinton. But, she lost - AND the worst possible choice the Republicans could make is now your president. You cannot discount the facts. Sizable numbers of people went to the polls and voted for Trump due to issues like gun control, the fact that the upcoming president gets to nominate Supreme Court Justices and the one issue that got a lot of people - that nutty ass idea of putting a wall around the southern border of the United States.

    I oppose the right's immigration policy, they put me in your camp and curse me, and with their dying breath they will claim I am a liberal. I can point out the facts that the Democrats have been at the forefront of gutting the Second Amendment, and people like you will curse me and claim I'm a Republican. I am neither.

    I've watched both sides trip all over each other, worrying more about political jockeying and trying to prove how "right" they are while America is being destroyed. Both sides are doing what they can to dismantle the Constitution because it's more important to have the illusion of a "win" over the other side. It wasn't that many years ago that the Republicans were the black man's party. Today the white supremacists find refuge there. But, at the end of the day, both sides still want a government / God. Democrats want a government agency to be in charge of feeding them, clothing them, and pampering them. Republicans have attracted this group of dumb asses that think they can put a wall around America, kick out the Hispanics and put a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT in place and we'll all be magically safe and have a good job.

    Both sides have to be joking! You people are so far away from what the founding fathers of this nation envisioned that you cannot even hear their voices any longer. Let me make it plain to you. I don't need the government holding my hand.

    Neither side can tell me who I can associate with, hire for a job, or welcome into my home. Neither side can tell me whether or not I can own a gun and what kind. My personal safety is my responsibility, so I don't need someone telling me the value of my life. The government don't need to come to my home and tell me what kinds of animals I can own or whether or not I can use by back yard for a garden. If I over-eat, that's on me, not you. And when it comes to religion, Thomas Jefferson said it best, "it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." So, religion is not something you can dictate either.

    The right is not going to tell me that I cannot save money because the guy painting my porch is not a Socialist Security Card carrying, National ID owning, white boy that has undergone a pee test, hair sample test, criminal background check, MVR check, financial records check, and has his birth certificate on hand. Conversely, the left has no constitutional authority to invade my Fourth Amendment Rights by forcing people to give up said Rights in exchange for exercising another Right. I will not undergo a Universal Background Check in order to exercise a Second Amendment Right. Neither will the left win the war over whether or not I can grow what I want on my property and use it to the extent that it does not impose on my neighbor's Rights.

    Spin it any way you like. The nanny state of the left or the POLICE STATE of the right. Both are equally wrong and neither the Ds or the Rs offered us a genuine choice in the last election.
    Dude, sorry, but I did not ask for your life's story.

    You are a Republican, you are just attempting to disguise it.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    36,498
    Thanks
    26477

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    Don't give you the 70 yr. olds? We just elected a 70 yr. old. And, we had a very viable candidate in Sanders who is also. I'm an issues voter and not a partisan hack. You seem to think that's what all Dems do and you don't sound at all like a moderate. These voters weren't just fed up with Democrats but with everyone in high office. But the reaction to that shouldn't have been to throw the baby out with the bath water. When big money is a determining factor as it was this time in spades, we know what's coming down the pike. Cuts cuts cuts in social programs and entitlements along with tax policy even more tilted toward the 1%. This country, both GOP and Dem have just sliced our own throat. Until the folks who just put this abomination in office see what they're getting it won't sink in. I hope that after they've gotten a taste of this cruel bastard, they vow never to be so impulsive again. Again, we Democrats didn't put this guy in the oval office and for you to suggest we somehow take credit for that is absurd. It was the GOP voters who didn't bother to vet this guy but chose to foist him upon the rest of us that were responsible. It is they who need to do some serious soul-searching, not those of us who truly care what happens to working people. These voters are not going to like what they've bought but we can't return him like a coke bottle. How dare you blame the Democratic party for this debacle.
    If I were not a moderate I would be for all those things you mentioned. I also said what I was for.

    Compassion,yes, but there have to be limits,otherwise people become dependent. Most simply want a hand up so they can become self sufficient once again.

  9. #69
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,451
    Thanks
    254

    From
    under a rock near NC / GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Dude, sorry, but I did not ask for your life's story.

    You are a Republican, you are just attempting to disguise it.
    The next time the right calls me a democrat, you tell them that...

    Santuary Cities and Donald Trump

    See posts 232, 239, 246, 249, 255 and get back to me. Everybody is trying to tell me which side of the fence I'm on. I just told you, I'm not on either side. So who do you really think is right you, the troll or me? I know me a bit better than you do.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15,470
    Thanks
    12202

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I know I am not particularly in good graces right now, getting thanks from the other side, but
    that is not my intention.

    This concerns what many on the right call," Bleeding Heart Liberals."I truly feel the reason we are not winning elections. God knows,we should have won this one. But we have reached the point of making excuses for every wrong doing in this country with the whining phrase," But they suffered,etc.

    The average American that works every day,taking care of their families,going to work sick or well are fed up with Democratic excuses. Other wise Trump would not have won.

    And do not give me the bit about Hillary winning more votes. I know that!

    But when are you going to come out against all the protests, looting and burning? You are not solving problems by making excuses. The one in Ferguson was because a Kid attacked a Policeman in his car,trying to take his gun. I have no idea what was in the Policeman's mind.

    There are rightful reason's for Police brutality, but Democrats have embraced them all, right or wrong, making them all victims.

    You can turn your anger on me all you want, but that is not going to get us winning again.

    We have to face the fact that is not what workers of all creeds want to hear. They did not like being called deplorables. That sounds as elite as Ann Romney's," You people have got all you are going to get."

    Our party leaders have become as elite as Republicans.

    I am not posting these things to tear down my party. I am trying to help rebuild what Democrats once stood for. Quit making excuses for all you claim are victims,right or wrong. Get back to embracing, the worker or we will continue to lose.

    I am a moderate Democrat, who believes in being self sufficient. Excusing all behavior is not a winning card.

    I know Trump is one of the worst, but we helped elect him,and it is going to be a long,hard winter.
    We're not going to turn on you. But let's get real here. Most of us are sitting in your little houses, the lights are on, we have wi-fi. I doubt anhy of us hungry. We are political junkies. It's a step up the food chain. We're likely in suburbia with some grass around us, maybe a golf course a nice view. NO ONE IS SHOOTING GUNS close up or from a distance as we type away on this board.

    My life isn't confined to a project or a 3, 4 or 5 block area. I'm not confined to 1 grocery store without a banana or grapes or a tomato--I expect them and at the SAME price as the next store over and if not, I can go to a manager and BITCH. I can jump in my car and go to Home Depot or any one of the Malls or Costco. I can get into my car and drive a distance, as needed, to a JOB. I get on airplanes and fly to other states when I want to.

    I get in my car, I drive a little too fast, I get pulled over. (I'm law abiding but I have a heavy foot--I've gotten more than my share of being pulled over). I expect the cop to respect me and I know to respect him. It's always been a 2 way street, no matter how pissed off I might be (yes, I yelled at one once--WE both were laughing our asses off be the end of the stop). How many black men expect what we expect every time we get stopped? THEY DON'T! And we wonder why?

    Way too many of innercity folks are confined by 6, 8, 10 blocks for entire lives. I've never been confined a day in my life (after I got my drivers license). What if I had no place to get PISSED no matter how pissed I was. No escape. I might act out. I may run.

    I will NOT pass judgement. I can't begin to imagine a day like that in my life. Many 'get out'. Many DON'T! And now many are being used for 'target practice' because the very people tasked with 'protect and defend' either FLAT ASS DON'T LIKE THEM or are scared of them.

    To put in prayer form (I guess that's what it is) "there but by the grace of God, go I". That's an elegant way to say it. I'll just put it bluntly. I'm just fucking lucky--and I know it.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Last question of the final debate was the best question ever
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 3rd December 2016, 08:33 AM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 24th July 2015, 06:10 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed