Members banned from this thread: April15, Goofball and Bronwyn


Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 206
Thanks Tree175Thanks

Thread: SHOULD TRUMP BE INVESTIGATED? Hell yes.

  1. #11
    One
    One is offline
    10 Year Survivor One's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,804
    Thanks
    6289

    From
    ----> X <----
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Why does the number matter?

    So let me ask you what the cutoff number of making a profit from being president is acceptable to you?
    It depends on how you make that profit. And that is where your focus should be. If he is on the up and up, hey, we're good.
    Thanks from labrea

  2. #12
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    15,640
    Thanks
    6578

    From
    ===hiding in th3 rafters===
    "Make the stupid investigations stop."

  3. #13
    Conservative Goddess Bronwyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanks
    1473

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    So you want to silence people who have legitimate questions? Why? Is there an element of fear involved? If he is above board, then him, or his supporters should have nothing to fear. This isn't a game with winners or losers. This is about the person elected to run the country. And yes, his past business dealings could have an impact on his presidency. I know you are bright enough to see that. That his supporters choose to ignore this is pretty telling. You, and Trump, and all of his supporters should be demanding investigations. Then you could tel the dems they were full of it, and actually have some credibility in doing so.
    There is no need. If his taxes are straight, which evidently they have been, (he's not in jail) then there's no need to worry. The businesses will be transferred over to his kids. They will be running them. As for telling the dems they are full of it, they keep proving it for themselves. They don't need my help. Just look at this thread for instance.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,619
    Thanks
    10092

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Why does the number matter?

    So let me ask you what the cutoff number of making a profit from being president is acceptable to you?
    Isn't $300,000 about what you saved on bus fares? Oh wait, the number doesn't matter. A thief is a thief whether he steals $5 or $300,000.
    Thanks from cable2, Panzareta and sweettee

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,619
    Thanks
    10092

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    "Make the stupid investigations stop."
    Bullshit The asshole right have investigated Clinton for years. Let's do the same to Trump.
    Thanks from cable2, labrea and TennesseeRain

  6. #16
    Member birdzeyez's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,142
    Thanks
    1680

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brony View Post
    There is no need. If his taxes are straight, which evidently they have been, (he's not in jail) then there's no need to worry. The businesses will be transferred over to his kids. They will be running them. As for telling the dems they are full of it, they keep proving it for themselves. They don't need my help. Just look at this thread for instance.
    People don't always go to jail because their taxes aren't "straight." So, no, we don't know that his taxes are "straight." As for handing over the business to the kids, that will be meaningless if there's ANY communication between dad and kids about those businesses, something I haven't heard any of them pledge stay away from. There's still the potential for conversations over dinner, with dad still giving advice on what to do.

    Finally, the argument that the law doesn't hold him to the conflict of interest constraints that lower level federal employees are held to is no excuse for him not being a total open book where his financial interests are concerned. That would include releasing his income taxes, whispch IRS has already said that he may do so despite being "under audit." All this would assure the public that he's on the up and up . Instead, his fans want us to take him at his word with no questions asked. why on earth should I trust him?
    Thanks from TennesseeRain, Isalexi and Friday13

  7. #17
    Conservative Goddess Bronwyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    5,790
    Thanks
    1473

    From
    CA
    Too bad you let Hillary get away with this same thing while she was SOS.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    28,630
    Thanks
    22836

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by birdzeyez View Post
    People don't always go to jail because their taxes aren't "straight." So, no, we don't know that his taxes are "straight." As for handing over the business to the kids, that will be meaningless if there's ANY communication between dad and kids about those businesses, something I haven't heard any of them pledge stay away from. There's still the potential for conversations over dinner, with dad still giving advice on what to do.

    Finally, the argument that the law doesn't hold him to the conflict of interest constraints that lower level federal employees are held to is no excuse for him not being a total open book where his financial interests are concerned. That would include releasing his income taxes, whispch IRS has already said that he may do so despite being "under audit." All this would assure the public that he's on the up and up . Instead, his fans want us to take him at his word with no questions asked. why on earth should I trust him?
    The trumpets take him at his word even though he has proved his word isn't worth a sheet of toilet paper.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain and Friday13

  9. #19
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    29,409
    Thanks
    25092

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Obama made over 300 grand on his investments while he was president.

    Where were the liberals calling for an investigation into that?
    Obama put his money in a blind trust...not in a hole in the ground. He had a money manager that controlled the money.
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #20
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    29,409
    Thanks
    25092

    From
    SWUSA
    EVERYTHING Trump does in the next 4 years is going to be under a microscope. He better keep his ass clean.
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26th October 2016, 04:00 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19th August 2016, 04:29 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20th July 2016, 05:02 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd May 2016, 11:52 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10th December 2015, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed