Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Factions of the Right

  1. #21
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    79,694
    Thanks
    20447

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Yes, they shouldn't be called "NeverTrumpers"...


    they should be called "Vichy Trumpers".

    We opposed Trump. He won anyways. Now we could be like the left, throw temper tantrums and be petulant "not my president". But that's been completely ineffective. So let's see how acting like an adult works.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22625

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    We opposed Trump. He won anyways. Now we could be like the left, throw temper tantrums and be petulant "not my president". But that's been completely ineffective. So let's see how acting like an adult works.
    "Vichy France"---The Vichy government remained in existence, but as a de facto client and puppet of Nazi Germany. It vanished in late 1944 when the Allies occupied all of France.

    wikipedia.org

  3. #23
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    79,694
    Thanks
    20447

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    "Vichy France"---The Vichy government remained in existence, but as a de facto client and puppet of Nazi Germany. It vanished in late 1944 when the Allies occupied all of France.

    wikipedia.org
    I know what Vichy France is. I didn't address that because it was stupid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    20 years from now, the left will be acting all nostalgic for Trump. That's how they are. At the time, every Republican is literally Hitler. Then a generation later, they be "why can't you be more like the last guy?".
    Thanks from StanStill

  4. #24
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    34,961
    Thanks
    37048

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Not all the Vichy French were happy with their role or their government...

    Thanks from GordonGecko and DebateDrone

  5. #25
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,572
    Thanks
    8457

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post

    “The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
    "the first as tragedy, then as farce"

    Still haven't decided which one this is. Hopefully farce.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22625

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    I know what Vichy France is. I didn't address that because it was stupid.
    No, you didn't address it....because it hit too close to home.

    Vichy French in Fall 1940-Winter 1941 were probably still fuming about the Nazis taking over in June 1940. But they gradually become the puppets of the Nazis and eventually helped round up much of French Jewry for the camps or execution.

    Just like you...are still fuming about Trump winning, here just mere months after November 2016.

    But give it three months...six at most? You'll sound EXACTLY like John T Ford or Jeremy or Southern Dad or TNVolunteer do NOW.

  7. #27
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,572
    Thanks
    8457

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    I know what Vichy France is. I didn't address that because it was stupid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    20 years from now, the left will be acting all nostalgic for Trump. That's how they are. At the time, every Republican is literally Hitler. Then a generation later, they be "why can't you be more like the last guy?".
    And they'll be calling the guy who wants to bring back public schools "a radical socialist", telling him that he's leading the democrats down a dead-end of extreme leftist views, and that he should "move to the center"...I've seen it a thousand times.
    Thanks from GordonGecko and NeoVsMatrix

  8. #28
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    29,318
    Thanks
    25025

    From
    SWUSA
    Conservatives = Republicans = Donald Trump

    math is easy
    Thanks from GordonGecko

  9. #29
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22625

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    And they'll be calling the guy who wants to bring back public schools "a radical socialist", telling him that he's leading the democrats down a dead-end of extreme leftist views, and that he should "move to the center"...I've seen it a thousand times.
    That's the spin out of Rightwing Media talking heads.....telling Democrats "The only way for your party to come back...is to be Republicans and support everything Trump does!"


  10. #30
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    79,694
    Thanks
    20447

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    No, you didn't address it....because it hit too close to home.

    Vichy French in Fall 1940-Winter 1941 were probably still fuming about the Nazis taking over in June 1940. But they gradually become the puppets of the Nazis and eventually helped round up much of French Jewry for the camps or execution.

    Just like you...are still fuming about Trump winning, here just mere months after November 2016.

    But give it three months...six at most? You'll sound EXACTLY like John T Ford or Jeremy or Southern Dad or TNVolunteer do NOW.
    The only thing I have in common with those guys is none of us are liberals. Which to you probably means we all look alike.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The GOF (Grand Old Factions)
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th July 2015, 07:27 AM
  2. Multi-Party Politics Through Big Tent Party Factions
    By Suppiluliuma in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd January 2015, 07:45 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed