Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73
Thanks Tree25Thanks

Thread: Libertarian

  1. #11
    Senior Member Bourne's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,364
    Thanks
    4491

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    So you unitarily determine the regulations here at PH, Libertarian?
    Not at all. Just asking for a bit of courtesy. But do as you please.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  2. #12
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40,988
    Thanks
    25713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    After the debacle of a piece of self-serving wet sh*t called Trump being "elected" into the presidency, not by popular vote but by the archaic electoral college system, I've had it with the Republican Party. I've voted republican since I was eligible to vote, but no longer.

    I've registered with and paid my dues to the Libertarian Party. From now on, I'll vote my conscience, not some flawed popular party.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    Why not the Progressive party?

  3. #13
    Senior Member Bourne's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,364
    Thanks
    4491

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Why not the Progressive party?
    Thank you.

    I researched the Progressive Party. The Libertarians more closely fit my political philosophy.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  4. #14
    It's a trap AttusBlack's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,124
    Thanks
    145

    From
    In the empty space of your brain
    Why I Am Not a Libertarian

    One persons view of the ideological platforms. Myself, I'm a Classical Liberal.

  5. #15
    RNG
    RNG is online now
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanks
    2113

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    As a generalization I would agree with you but two areas bother me. They are a bit too isolationist IMO. And I disagree with them and possibly you. We need regulation in some areas. The toxic asset driven economic collapse should hammer that point home.

    And are you really comfortable with letting the coal companies defile waterways?

    And those are just two examples.
    Thanks from AttusBlack and Madeline

  6. #16
    Senior Member Bourne's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,364
    Thanks
    4491

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    As a generalization I would agree with you but two areas bother me. They are a bit too isolationist IMO. And I disagree with them and possibly you. We need regulation in some areas. The toxic asset driven economic collapse should hammer that point home.

    And are you really comfortable with letting the coal companies defile waterways?

    And those are just two examples.
    I never advocated no regulations. Just reasonable regulations.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    Thanks from RNG

  7. #17
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40,988
    Thanks
    25713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Thank you.

    I researched the Progressive Party. The Libertarians more closely fit my political philosophy.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    So....for example....do you want to see speed limits on freeways eliminated?

  8. #18
    Little Old Lady Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40,988
    Thanks
    25713

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    I never advocated no regulations. Just reasonable regulations.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    The Progressive party does not advocate for unreasonable regulations. But across the board, inept and nonexistent enforcement is the real problem.
    Thanks from Bourne and chaos

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    42,533
    Thanks
    8067

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    After the debacle of a piece of self-serving wet sh*t called Trump being "elected" into the presidency, not by popular vote but by the archaic electoral college system, I've had it with the Republican Party. I've voted republican since I was eligible to vote, but no longer.

    I've registered with and paid my dues to the Libertarian Party. From now on, I'll vote my conscience, not some flawed popular party.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    So you support complete open borders huh?

    How sad.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Bourne's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,364
    Thanks
    4491

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    So....for example....do you want to see speed limits on freeways eliminated?
    No.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    Thanks from Madeline

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Is A Libertarian?
    By Howey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd December 2015, 11:34 AM
  2. What is a Libertarian?
    By Gypsy in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 24th March 2010, 02:50 PM
  3. you can't be a libertarian if....
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th August 2009, 02:25 PM
  4. What is a Libertarian????
    By WhiteKong78 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 25th July 2008, 02:35 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed