Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: Libertarian

  1. #1
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,723
    Thanks
    5633

    From
    NE Wisconsin

    Libertarian

    After the debacle of a piece of self-serving wet sh*t called Trump being "elected" into the presidency, not by popular vote but by the archaic electoral college system, I've had it with the Republican Party. I've voted republican since I was eligible to vote, but no longer.

    I've registered with and paid my dues to the Libertarian Party. From now on, I'll vote my conscience, not some flawed popular party.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,197
    Thanks
    4863

    From
    midwest
    What took you so long?
    Thanks from Bourne

  3. #3
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,723
    Thanks
    5633

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    What took you so long?
    I know, I know.

    I was a devoted Republican since Nixon. But this mess that resulted in Trump being elected did it for me. Frankly, this country elected a lunatic and we are fast becoming the laughing stock of the world.

    For me, the Libertarian Party seems the ideal answer.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  4. #4
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    42,490
    Thanks
    23937

    From
    Wisconsin
    At the end of 2015, when I shook loose from the GOP, my rightwing friends tried to convince me that I'm a libertarian. But I'm not.

    I really am whatever Bernie is. LOL. Too bad he called himself a socialist. That was unfortunate.

    In the "I Side With" tests from last year, I had a 96% match with Green, Socialist and Democrat parties. 54% match with Libertarians. 11% match with Republicans.
    Thanks from Madeline and BitterPill

  5. #5
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks
    1238

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    After the debacle of a piece of self-serving wet sh*t called Trump being "elected" into the presidency, not by popular vote but by the archaic electoral college system, I've had it with the Republican Party. I've voted republican since I was eligible to vote, but no longer.

    I've registered with and paid my dues to the Libertarian Party. From now on, I'll vote my conscience, not some flawed popular party.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    What does your conscience tell you about regulations?

  6. #6
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,723
    Thanks
    5633

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    At the end of 2015, when I shook loose from the GOP, my rightwing friends tried to convince me that I'm a libertarian. But I'm not.

    I really am whatever Bernie is. LOL. Too bad he called himself a socialist. That was unfortunate.

    In the "I Side With" tests from last year, I had a 96% match with Green, Socialist and Democrat parties. 54% match with Libertarians. 11% match with Republicans.
    I needed a new, fresh political direction. The Republicans nominated a functional ineffective named Trump. His behavior is just bizarre. So I've been researching political parties and the Libertarian Party seems a near perfect fit for my political philosophy.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  7. #7
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,723
    Thanks
    5633

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    What does your conscience tell you about regulations?
    That they should be minimized.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  8. #8
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks
    1238

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    At the end of 2015, when I shook loose from the GOP, my rightwing friends tried to convince me that I'm a libertarian. But I'm not.

    I really am whatever Bernie is. LOL. Too bad he called himself a socialist. That was unfortunate.

    In the "I Side With" tests from last year, I had a 96% match with Green, Socialist and Democrat parties. 54% match with Libertarians. 11% match with Republicans.
    social
    adj.
    a. Of or relating to human society and its modes of organization: social classes; social problems; a social issue.
    b. Of or relating to rank and status in society: social standing.
    c. Of, relating to, or occupied with matters affecting human welfare:
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #9
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,723
    Thanks
    5633

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    social
    adj.
    a. Of or relating to human society and its modes of organization: social classes; social problems; a social issue.
    b. Of or relating to rank and status in society: social standing.
    c. Of, relating to, or occupied with matters affecting human welfare:
    Please don't derail my thread. Thank you.

    Regards,

    Bourne

  10. #10
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,759
    Thanks
    1238

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Please don't derail my thread. Thank you.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    So you unitarily determine the regulations here at PH, Libertarian?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Is A Libertarian?
    By Howey in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd December 2015, 11:34 AM
  2. What is a Libertarian?
    By Gypsy in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 24th March 2010, 02:50 PM
  3. you can't be a libertarian if....
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th August 2009, 02:25 PM
  4. What is a Libertarian????
    By WhiteKong78 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 25th July 2008, 02:35 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed