Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 102
Thanks Tree83Thanks

Thread: Trumpís planned EPA cuts: Zero dollars for Bay Area program

  1. #31
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    32,706
    Thanks
    35008

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    I'm thanking you, even though I don't understand what you said beyond the Japanese developed the technology to do it.

    The old saw says "necessity is the mother of invention" - the republican wisdom seems to be "take the easy way out".
    Well, they are a little short on scientists and engineers, so you cant expect too much....
    Thanks from April15 and labrea

  2. #32
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34,288
    Thanks
    26969

    From
    CA
    It's not just CA btw

    The White House is proposing to slash Environmental Protection Agency funding that pays for Great Lakes pollution cleanup by 97 percent, according to a budget document obtained by the National Association of Clean Air Agencies.

    The potential cuts are part of President Donald Trump's initial 2018 budget proposal, detailed in a U.S. Office of Management and Budget "passback" to the EPA that outlines drastic cuts to an agency Trump has called a "job killer" and promised to reduce to "tidbits" as a candidate.

    The proposal would virtually eliminate annual Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) funding, slashing it from $300 million to $10 million among other cuts that would altogether reduce the EPA's total budget by a quarter.

    Trump slashes Great Lakes funding by 97 percent in early budget plan | MLive.com

    I wonder how people in Michigan that voted for him feel now?
    Thanks from April15 and labrea

  3. #33
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,977
    Thanks
    8014

    From
    The greatest place on Earth California
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    I'm thanking you, even though I don't understand what you said beyond the Japanese developed the technology to do it.

    The old saw says "necessity is the mother of invention" - the republican wisdom seems to be "take the easy way out".
    Don't feel bad as even mechanics have a hard time with it. The advent of platinum tipped spark plugs and EFI and PCM made the CVCC useless.

  4. #34
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,977
    Thanks
    8014

    From
    The greatest place on Earth California
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    It's not just CA btw

    The White House is proposing to slash Environmental Protection Agency funding that pays for Great Lakes pollution cleanup by 97 percent, according to a budget document obtained by the National Association of Clean Air Agencies.

    The potential cuts are part of President Donald Trump's initial 2018 budget proposal, detailed in a U.S. Office of Management and Budget "passback" to the EPA that outlines drastic cuts to an agency Trump has called a "job killer" and promised to reduce to "tidbits" as a candidate.

    The proposal would virtually eliminate annual Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) funding, slashing it from $300 million to $10 million among other cuts that would altogether reduce the EPA's total budget by a quarter.

    Trump slashes Great Lakes funding by 97 percent in early budget plan | MLive.com

    I wonder how people in Michigan that voted for him feel now?
    I am sure the people in Michigan want their auto manufacturing back. Dam cons took it and sent it to china, Thank you Ronnie.

  5. #35
    vulgar? Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    58,052
    Thanks
    30443

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    I am sure the people in Michigan want their auto manufacturing back. Dam cons took it and sent it to china, Thank you Ronnie.
    Detroit is producing lots of cars. If they want those jobs back, we'll need to make it illegal to use robots in factories.
    Thanks from April15

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16,007
    Thanks
    4692

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    They've done an extremely poor job, then. How many years out of the last thirty have we managed to be at peace?
    And they don't. When was the last time a country picked a fight with us? And yet we are constantly at war.

    That old trope you're pushing is outdated. Our military budget supports putting our forces in over 100 countries on a pretty much permanent basis. It's not like we're speaking softly and carrying a big stick--we're using our prowess to push people around and further our interests all over the world, all the time. We are invasive, not defensive.
    When you say "they" you should be referring to the politicians.

    The military does not decide to go off to war.

    Their duty is to be READY to go off to war.

    They are TOLD to go off to war by our civilian "leadership".

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16,007
    Thanks
    4692

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    They should be, and they ARE. What do we need increased budgets for EXCEPT invasive operations dreamed up by politicians?
    Good question.

    Ask the politicians who run the country.

    THEY are the ones who decide to send our young men and women off on those "invasive operations".

    And THEY are the ones who fund the DOD.

    The DOD always wants more money...just like every gubmint agency.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16,007
    Thanks
    4692

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Borrow and spend is the republican way. It's how California ended up in a deep debt hole thanks to Grover norquist and his no new tax pledge.
    Both parties are guilty of that.

    And we all know it.

  9. #39
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    16,007
    Thanks
    4692

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    That is actually Sweden's strategy, to be strong enough that invading isn't worth the effort, while maintaining neutrality. Ours seems to be more a control issue. The policy outlined in the "Project for a New American Century" document confirms that.
    America decided long ago to be the "World's Policeman", rightly or wrongly.
    Thanks from April15

  10. #40
    vulgar? Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    58,052
    Thanks
    30443

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    When you say "they" you should be referring to the politicians.

    The military does not decide to go off to war.

    Their duty is to be READY to go off to war.

    They are TOLD to go off to war by our civilian "leadership".
    Doesn't really matter. The point is the same. A well-prepared military is actually a negative when politicians don't use them well. And the better the military is, the greater the temptation to use them badly.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. kasich on his social security program cuts
    By PACE in forum Current Events
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 15th October 2015, 11:06 AM
  2. A reminder to Planned Parenthood on how tax dollars work.
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 15th September 2015, 03:37 AM
  3. Replies: 142
    Last Post: 3rd August 2015, 09:10 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd February 2014, 06:45 AM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 13th November 2013, 03:07 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed