And equal rights for all citizens.There's not complete agreement among all progressives, and we don't all slavishly follow Bernie's edicts as to policies and priorities. But in the main, this is what people I know who are progressives want:
* Criminal justice reform. This is a HUGE task that requires demilitarizing the police and subjecting them to reasonable civilian controls, dismantling the prison industrial complex, decriminalizing drugs and poverty, etc. The goal should be to reduce the prisoner population to very few other than those who have committed serious crimes against persons, and that virtually all such people reach prison after being found guilty at trial.
* Universal health care. Basically, Medicare for everyone.
* Free college & trade school tuition at public schools.
* Aggressive pursuit of the Paris Accord goals as regards climate as well as other environmental protections.
* Massive investment in infrastructure.
* Immigration reform that allows the undocumented people here to become citizens rapidly and cheaply, unless they have committed violent crimes.
There's more, but that's a fairly common agreed-upon set of goals. If any Democrat can't commit to these goals, I will work to defeat him. If any Republican CAN commit to these goals, I will work to elect him. I plan to protest and contribute and agitate to pressure my local, state and federal politicians to fall in line and if they don't, to defeat them. Of BOTH parties.
It's just that fucking simple. Put the interests of 99% Americans first, if you want to be an American politician.