Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 205
Thanks Tree92Thanks

Thread: What Do Progressives Want?

  1. #41
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28155

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    --True. We just simply do not FUCK out Vets over enough, in this nation. Fuck 'em, then don't need jobs for which they are already prepared.



    --I think they should wear whatever is most comfortable and effective for them, as they do their job. I have noticed that there are several different colors chosen by Police Departments, from Dark Blue, to Light Blue, to Green, Khaki and even White. I have always wondered why so many Police Departments wear DARK Blue, as that's gotta get hot as hades in the Summer. But, I suppose they have a reason for doing so. Probably to just scare civilians....



    --If they want the jobs, then hell yes.



    --So. No Vets, but....LOL, we allow Petty Criminals to become Police. (You ain't kin to the Soprano's are ya?)
    I am delighted to reinstate veterans' preferences for virtual any government jobs going except law enforcement. There's a toxicity in many departments because young soliders come home and join the cops after having been in combat. It's a risk factor for the overly-aggressive officers causing us so much suffering.

    Hiring community members for poor communities requires a forgiveness of petty crimes because the US has moved onto criminalizing poverty itself. If this weren't true, then a clean record standard would be great.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28155

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    No kidding? Madeline this is not new news. He is exactly what he presented himself as when the two choices were all we had. You knew damn well he was a snake before you took him in.
    I. Did. Not. Vote. For. Trump.

  3. #43
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,864
    Thanks
    13544

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    That's great.

    How does it relate to my post?
    As noted, you should have been aware of all this and this outcome directly related to everything you now want to discuss BEFORE the election instead of helping elect the person who is most in conflict with what you say you want. You should have listened to Bernie. You should have cared about taxation. You should have known what you were doing when you helped elect the opposite of what you say you want. We as a country are so screwed and so many are hurting that it is impossible not to see the irony in these kinds of discussions where those responsible utilize the least amount of introspect. Sorry but it kills me to see how many people are genuinely hurting and because of what? Some gd memes and lazy thinking too many holdouts utilized. It is honestly cringe worthy when you know how hurt some families are as a result of shiny object surface think.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28155

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    As noted, you should have been aware of all this and this outcome directly related to everything you now want to discuss BEFORE the election instead of helping elect the person who is most in conflict with what you say you want. You should have listened to Bernie. You should have cared about taxation. You should have known what you were doing when you helped elect the opposite of what you say you want. We as a country are so screwed and so many are hurting that it is impossible not to see the irony in these kinds of discussions where those responsible utilize the least amount of introspect. Sorry but it kills me to see how many people are genuinely hurting and because of what? Some gd memes and lazy thinking too many holdouts utilized. It is honestly cringe worthy when you know how hurt some families are as a result of shiny object surface think.
    The "person most in conflict with what I want" was HILLARY. I'll let Trump abuse Americans verbally for 4 years before I would consent to installing her as POTUS.

    She is the fucking architect of the prison industrial complex. She'd start WWIII. She's an enemy of the poor.

    How many times do you need this explained? Trump is not as bad because he can't get anything done.
    Thanks from OlGuy

  5. #45
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    31,274
    Thanks
    6604

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I'm what way is your post a reply to mine?
    You showed an officer showing up in tactical gear who you found scary. Here's an officer that showed up for a peaceful protest in Dallas. His attire is a little more scary.

  6. #46
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,864
    Thanks
    13544

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I. Did. Not. Vote. For. Trump.
    You. Did. Not. Vote. For. Hillary. The. ONLY. Stopper.

    Stay home. Vote third party. Vote Trump. There was no difference in the last election since you should have known then what was at stake. Think I would have voted third party or stayed home knowing what Trump promised was so fundamentally opposite of social liberal and old fashioned progressive lifetime belief system? Not a chance in hades. Hey it is anyone's choice and I would say nothing except for these constant OP's trying to rewrite what ya'll contributed to.
    Thanks from Pragmatist

  7. #47
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    16,864
    Thanks
    13544

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    The "person most in conflict with what I want" was HILLARY. I'll let Trump abuse Americans verbally for 4 years before I would consent to installing her as POTUS.

    She is the fucking architect of the prison industrial complex. She'd start WWIII. She's an enemy of the poor.

    How many times do you need this explained? Trump is not as bad because he can't get anything done.
    Making you a perfect conservative running with BS conservative-speak while in denial but thanks. This President is yours. Enjoy him destroying a decade of advancements for human kind.
    Thanks from Pragmatist

  8. #48
    Member a777pilot's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,609
    Thanks
    126

    From
    Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Unrestricted capitalism will reduce the 99% to poverty. Tax is an excellent way to restrain capitalism, via progressive tax rates on income.

    Progressive tax rates have never been progressive. The rich always seem to find away to avoid taxes. The best restrain on capitalism is companion.

    It's too complicated because the 1% keep passing new laws and rules to avoid their fair share, but revising the code every decade or so corrects that as much as human nature permits.

    Consumption tax is regressive and cannot be made progressive. It cannot restrain capital or transfer wealth down from the 1%. It should not be used in place of the income tax.

    I did NOT say a consumption tax. I said a spending tax, i.e., if it, money/wealth, leaves your control then it is taxed, with no restrictions or deductions. Buy a car, pay a tax. Buy a loaf of bread, pay a tax. Buy a really big house, pay a tax. Leave your estate to your kids, pay a tax. Buy stocks/bonds etc., pay a tax.
    Thanks for the response.
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #49
    Member a777pilot's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,609
    Thanks
    126

    From
    Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Making you a perfect conservative running with BS conservative-speak while in denial but thanks. This President is yours. Enjoy him destroying a decade of advancements for human kind.
    OK. I will claim him. What advancements for human kind?

  10. #50
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28155

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    You showed an officer showing up in tactical gear who you found scary. Here's an officer that showed up for a peaceful protest in Dallas. His attire is a little more scary.
    So you think the cops should shoot first....at protesters?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thanks global progressives...
    By Raoul_Duke in forum World Politics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 26th January 2014, 06:09 AM
  2. progressives and Racism
    By Old Ridge Runner in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 20th January 2014, 04:59 AM
  3. Progressives???
    By AlienTraveler in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 17th January 2014, 10:13 AM
  4. Progressives Bite Themselves in the Ass
    By Old Ridge Runner in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15th January 2014, 05:22 AM
  5. Progressives...
    By Mordent in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 23rd May 2013, 09:10 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed