Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: The Baby & The Bathwater

  1. #41
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,712
    Thanks
    28554

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I think that would put you in the minority of Dems/Libs.

    May be a popular choice among the Repubs/Cons, though.
    I am one of them. Recycled families gave us a Bush and this time a Trump in ptotest. Bill Clinton was a fresh,new face. He accomplished much because he worked across party lines.

    Family ties gave us another Bush,terrible choice as the second generation often is. Now we are stuck with Trump.

    I knew from the beginning Republicans hated the Clinton's so much because they failed to impeach Clinton they would treat her worse than President Obama.

    Now the Republican Congress is in worse chaos than I have ever seen Democrats. So far,not so good,except to kill regulations that protect us all. But not one thing substantial. They failed in their one big plan,are now trying to resuscitate it,instead of moving into the things we need. An Infrastucture bill. Tax reform.

    Now,Ryan is petulantly saying he does not want to work with Democrats on health care reform.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,712
    Thanks
    28554

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    When reason and logic have taken a back seat to irrational fear and hate you have Trump and his supporters. There is no alternative left but to beat his supporters over the head over and over with the facts of what should be obvious. They either will come around to the truth or they suffer severe and fatal injuries from the attempt.
    Thanks Eve. I was thinking the same thing while reading Rors denial of what is becoming more clear by the day of Russian interference in this election.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,096
    Thanks
    28051

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Thanks Eve. I was thinking the same thing while reading Rors denial of what is becoming more clear by the day of Russian interference in this election.
    I think you guys are being a bit unfair to American voters in general. Watergate was VASTLY more simple and was unfolded in public view over a matter of months -- almost a year.

    It's unhelpful from a variety of standpoints to keep telling your fellow citizens they are stupid. Not everyone spends 18 hours a day reading and discussing politics! Some people cannot give this more than an hour a week.

    Plus the allegations are so breathtaking. A POTUS facing treason allegations? How could that possibly be?

    Try feeding the person good quality news articles on the subject, not just yelling at them.

    Every voter is a patriot, I hope. Trump's supporters will be as aggrieved as anyone else IF AND WHEN they are convinced these allegations are true.

  4. #44
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,862
    Thanks
    18477

    From
    america
    When reason and logic have taken a back seat to irrational fear and hate you have Trump and his supporters.
    --So says one of the many who have peddled irrational fear and hate, ever since Trump took office.....

    There is no alternative left but to beat his supporters over the head over and over with the facts of what should be obvious. They either will come around to the truth or they suffer severe and fatal injuries from the attempt.
    --Again....you say THIS, even as you accuse others of being: Violent, aggressive, closed-minded, hateful and intolerant???????

  5. #45
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,096
    Thanks
    28051

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    --So says one of the many who have peddled irrational fear and hate, ever since Trump took office.....



    --Again....you say THIS, even as you accuse others of being: Violent, aggressive, closed-minded, hateful and intolerant???????
    Ironical, ain't it?

  6. #46
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,862
    Thanks
    18477

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Thanks Eve. I was thinking the same thing while reading Rors denial of what is becoming more clear by the day of Russian interference in this election.
    Tell us what MORE there is to this:

    --Democrats have lax security.

    --Russians (supposedly...) hack into their email and servers.

    --Russians release embarrassing information, showing how the DNC hacked their own primary, fed Hillary Clinton debate questions, amongst other things.

    (OH, and by the way...WHO was responsible for "defending American interests, from enemies, both foreign and domestic, at the time?????)

    IS there any more to the story than what I have listed above??????

  7. #47
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    51,862
    Thanks
    18477

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I think you guys are being a bit unfair to American voters in general. Watergate was VASTLY more simple and was unfolded in public view over a matter of months -- almost a year.

    It's unhelpful from a variety of standpoints to keep telling your fellow citizens they are stupid. Not everyone spends 18 hours a day reading and discussing politics! Some people cannot give this more than an hour a week.

    Plus the allegations are so breathtaking. A POTUS facing treason allegations? How could that possibly be?

    Try feeding the person good quality news articles on the subject, not just yelling at them.

    Every voter is a patriot, I hope. Trump's supporters will be as aggrieved as anyone else IF AND WHEN they are convinced these allegations are true.

    Some people just can not accept that anyone could hold a differing opinion, and NOT be either stupid, evil, or both.

    (And many of these people profess to be "open-minded...")

    What still gets me, and NO ONE but NO ONE, from EITHER SIDE, can answer: How in the HELL does the American Electorate go from "Wise and Informed" to "Stupid and Gullible," and then BACK to "Wise and Informed," typically every 4-8 years....??????? (I have seen this my entire life, and, well.....it is just a weak excuse for losing elections....)

  8. #48
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,096
    Thanks
    28051

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Tell us what MORE there is to this:

    --Democrats have lax security.

    --Russians (supposedly...) hack into their email and servers.

    --Russians release embarrassing information, showing how the DNC hacked their own primary, fed Hillary Clinton debate questions, amongst other things.

    (OH, and by the way...WHO was responsible for "defending American interests, from enemies, both foreign and domestic, at the time?????)

    IS there any more to the story than what I have listed above??????
    Yes, but it's complicated and not as urgent. IMO, the full investigation can't be done until all the direct and indirect financial dealings between Trump and Russia have been considered. As of now, I strongly suspect there have been quid pro quo payments.

    That's horrible to even think about but I want it dealt with, not swept under the rug.
    Thanks from Rasselas

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 152
    Last Post: 28th May 2017, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 316
    Last Post: 29th August 2015, 07:43 AM
  3. So what are they going to name the baby?
    By Blueneck in forum Current Events
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 4th May 2015, 08:15 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed