Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 522
Thanks Tree136Thanks

Thread: Electoral College vs. Popular Vote

  1. #11
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    86,107
    Thanks
    61239

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Maybe you don't understand how the electoral college works. If you did, you wouldn't have posted such an ignorant post. There is nothing that changes at the state level will do. Nothing. All states, except two already give their electoral votes based upon the popular vote of the state. The electoral college gives states like Nebraska, Idaho, Delaware, a say in the election.
    You've embarrassed yourself on this site so many times because of your pigheaded ignorance. You should read the link. Ask yourself why people on both sides of the aisle and big as well as small states support the idea and have passed the corresponding legislation if it changes nothing. I'm not even saying I support it... just that it's interesting.
    Last edited by boontito; 4th June 2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Thanks from Pragmatist and Friday13

  2. #12
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,730
    Thanks
    5662

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Maybe you don't understand how the electoral college works. If you did, you wouldn't have posted such an ignorant post. There is nothing that changes at the state level will do. Nothing. All states, except two already give their electoral votes based upon the popular vote of the state. The electoral college gives states like Nebraska, Idaho, Delaware, a say in the election.
    States have a "say in elections." It's called the popular vote. Individual citizens cast their votes. Why the need for an electoral college? Let the results of a popular vote decide an election. After all, other than in a presidential election, there is no electoral college. So what's the sense?

    Cheers,

    Bourne
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,114
    Thanks
    6739

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    You've embarrassed yourself on this site so many times because of your pigheaded ignorance. You should read the link. Ask yourself why people on both sides of the aisle and big as well as small states support the idea and have passed the corresponding legislation if it changes nothing. I'm not even saying I support it... just that it's interesting.
    It changes nothing. Think about it. Can you say what it has changed? Does Delaware still get 3 votes? Alaska get 3 votes? Did California get any more votes? No, it doesn't. You sore losers keep crying about it. It isn't going to change.
    Thanks from Trumpet

  4. #14
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    86,107
    Thanks
    61239

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Some don't say it, its just a fact.

    Do you think it's fair for a couple of heavily populated states to decide our election?

    What that means is that politicians will only campaign in those regions and promise those regions things for their votes. It means people in Wyoming and Alaska will not get their needs addressed.

    Do you think that is fair?

    This idea that everyone else does it is just pathetic, we don't follow other nations and they have different situations.
    Another ignorant post. Why do small states support the idea if it means the election will then be decided by large states?

  5. #15
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,237
    Thanks
    10833

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    You've embarrassed yourself on this site so many times because of your pigheaded ignorant posts. You should read the link. Ask yourself why people on both sides of the aisle and big as well as small states support the idea and have passed the corresponding legislation if it changes nothing. I'm not even saying I support it... just that it's interesting.
    Ask yourself why they haven't passed an amendment to change the constitution then.

    Oh, its probably because MOST don't want it.

  6. #16
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,237
    Thanks
    10833

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Another ignorant post. Why do small states support the idea if it means the election will then be decided by large states?
    All small states support it huh?

    Why don't you give us a list of all these states who support it.
    Thanks from Trumpet

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,114
    Thanks
    6739

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    States have a "say in elections." It's called the popular vote. Individual citizens cast their votes. Why the need for an electoral college? Let the results of a popular vote decide an election. After all, other than in a presidential election, there is no electoral college. So what's the sense?

    Cheers,

    Bourne
    If you don't understand the purpose of the electoral college, then you probably never will. You know the rules were laid out for a long time before Hillary R Clinton lost that election that she was so assured of winning. #GetOverIt
    Thanks from Trumpet

  8. #18
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    86,107
    Thanks
    61239

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    It changes nothing. Think about it. Can you say what it has changed? Does Delaware still get 3 votes? Alaska get 3 votes? Did California get any more votes? No, it doesn't. You sore losers keep crying about it. It isn't going to change.
    Wow. You've set a record. You don't usually become unhinged until at least page 2 of a thread. You're having a full-on tantrum and all we're doing is discussing ideas.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5, Pragmatist and Friday13

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,114
    Thanks
    6739

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    All small states support it huh?

    Why don't you give us a list of all these states who support it.
    Some people do not understand there are only two ways to amend the constitution. States passing meaningless laws isn't one of them.

  10. #20
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    86,107
    Thanks
    61239

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    All small states support it huh?

    Why don't you give us a list of all these states who support it.
    I see you're still lying. Quote where I said all small states support it. I'll wait.

    I listed four that support it up above. Man, so much willful ignorance right out of the gate by several posters. What's the point of that?

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 103
    Last Post: 26th April 2017, 07:46 AM
  2. Electoral College: What to Know About Monday's Vote
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19th December 2016, 08:30 AM
  3. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 15th December 2016, 12:50 PM
  4. Poll considers the electoral college vote instead of popular vote
    By Angel of Dearth in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th October 2012, 08:52 PM
  5. the electoral college
    By AntipatheticNonconformist in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 29th January 2008, 03:18 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed