Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 98
Thanks Tree53Thanks

Thread: Saying sorry!

  1. #61
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,116
    Thanks
    7174

    From
    My own world
    Seems the original poster just woke up and said , 'holy shit Trump is president and I did nothing to stop it. It can't be my fault, it must be somebody else to blame.'

    No dude, you added to the fake news about Clinton and bashed her and are still doing it and that gave us Trump.

    If you think that Clinton would have been even half as bad as Trump you are lying to yourself. At least the world wouldn't be laughing at the American President as he tries to push and shove his way to the front of the photo opportunity.
    Thanks from Thx1138 and DebateDrone

  2. #62
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28,480
    Thanks
    24487

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    Really? Couldn't it be That She committed a criminal act and that's why the LAW is going after her?
    The law already went after her. 9 benghazi hearing with the last admitted to was orchestrated to bring her poll numbers down. Mission accomplished.

    9 benghazi hearings and they introduced the email server...Comey did not buy the politics.

    25 years of calling Hillary a witch finally stuck with enough people. Just enough.
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  3. #63
    New Member Havelock's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    909

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    So upset with Hillary they'd rather see Trump elected, all buggered-up over Hillary, but can't cite a specific reason why...

    smh

    Thx
    Well, you know there are those who believe that it's better to elect a proponent of extreme right-wing ideology than a center-left pragmatist. If the right winger is a narcissistic, inexperienced, dull-witted, lazy incompetent, then so much the better. Heightening the contradictions and all of that...

    Me, I've known people who think that way for more than 40 years now. I stopped taking them altogether seriously about 30 years ago. The revolution is always just over the horizon for these folks. If only the stupid, the misguided, and the ignorant would just shut up and listen... Now, don't get me wrong, I believe in revolutions. I just happen these days to believe that they very often do more harm than good. Not always, but very often... Anyway, get back to me when Jeremy Corbyn actually wins a majority and/or radically alters UK government policy, for example. Same thing here with respect to Bernie Sanders... It's easy to hypothesize about how Sanders might have fared in a hypothetical match up with Trump. But we'll never know the truth, in large part because Sanders was never subjected to the GOP slime machine the way Hillary was. So it's moot.

    Why is Trump President? Is it because Hillary was an uninspiring candidate? Yes, in part it is. Is it because the Electoral College gives, by definition, disproportionate influence to rural districts with fewer constituents, districts that tend to skew older and white? Yes. Is it because Putin had a bug up his butt about Hillary and wanted to undermine her candidacy and generally sow confusion and discord? Yes. Is it because Democrats tend to be less organized and unified than Republicans and a sizable number of them were angry at what they perceived was unfair treatment of their preferred candidate -- a perception that was fueled in part by out-and-out propaganda? Yes. All of these factors played a part in Trump's victory. Personally, I think that Trump's intuitive ability to mine the vein of racial, cultural, and xenophobic resentment and anxiety excavated (mainly) by Republicans over the last 40 years was the most critical factor. But clearly there were a lot of factors that came together to give us a Trump presidency. It's up to us now as a body politic to address and correct that error. Doubling down on doctrinaire political purity tests won't get us there, in my opinion.

    Cheers.

  4. #64
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,319
    Thanks
    1171

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Seems the original poster just woke up and said , 'holy shit Trump is president and I did nothing to stop it. It can't be my fault, it must be somebody else to blame.'

    No dude, you added to the fake news about Clinton and bashed her and are still doing it and that gave us Trump.

    If you think that Clinton would have been even half as bad as Trump you are lying to yourself. At least the world wouldn't be laughing at the American President as he tries to push and shove his way to the front of the photo opportunity.
    Crikey, you folk are so embedded within the party machine you're blind. The Democrats really need to catch up or its right wing victory for the indefinite future. The time of elite pandering, with bobbins such as the median voter model used to justify the ineptness, is over.

  5. #65
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,764
    Thanks
    11275

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Havelock View Post
    Well, you know there are those who believe that it's better to elect a proponent of extreme right-wing ideology than a center-left pragmatist. If the right winger is a narcissistic, inexperienced, dull-witted, lazy incompetent, then so much the better. Heightening the contradictions and all of that...

    Me, I've known people who think that way for more than 40 years now. I stopped taking them altogether seriously about 30 years ago. The revolution is always just over the horizon for these folks. If only the stupid, the misguided, and the ignorant would just shut up and listen... Now, don't get me wrong, I believe in revolutions. I just happen these days to believe that they very often do more harm than good. Not always, but very often... Anyway, get back to me when Jeremy Corbyn actually wins a majority and/or radically alters UK government policy, for example. Same thing here with respect to Bernie Sanders... It's easy to hypothesize about how Sanders might have fared in a hypothetical match up with Trump. But we'll never know the truth, in large part because Sanders was never subjected to the GOP slime machine the way Hillary was. So it's moot.

    Why is Trump President? Is it because Hillary was an uninspiring candidate? Yes, in part it is. Is it because the Electoral College gives, by definition, disproportionate influence to rural districts with fewer constituents, districts that tend to skew older and white? Yes. Is it because Putin had a bug up his butt about Hillary and wanted to undermine her candidacy and generally sow confusion and discord? Yes. Is it because Democrats tend to be less organized and unified than Republicans and a sizable number of them were angry at what they perceived was unfair treatment of their preferred candidate -- a perception that was fueled in part by out-and-out propaganda? Yes. All of these factors played a part in Trump's victory. Personally, I think that Trump's intuitive ability to mine the vein of racial, cultural, and xenophobic resentment and anxiety excavated (mainly) by Republicans over the last 40 years was the most critical factor. But clearly there were a lot of factors that came together to give us a Trump presidency. It's up to us now as a body politic to address and correct that error. Doubling down on doctrinaire political purity tests won't get us there, in my opinion.

    Cheers.
    I wondered what kind of GOP dirty tricks and "bamboozlement" would be used this time around...

    And indeed, it was a perfect storm of sorts, and I do believe that if Comey would have just done his job in the way he was trained to do it we wouldn't be in the mess we are now, this "boy scout" in large part gave us Trump. (He says it makes him "mildly nauseous" it makes me wretch!)

    Trump himself is not such an enigma, I'm sure there are a lot of rich bastards like him in the world, but it's amazing (even after being on this board) to see so many either applaud this crass, phony know-nothing, that or turn a blind eye to his egregious abuses and behavior.

    We have two things going for us now:

    1. We have the good intentions and humanity and sense of decency of the GOP.



    2. And the fact that the man-baby doesn't seem to get anything done and might twitter himself into the can, an idiot is also a danger to themselves.

    The mistake Hillary made was responding more to Trump than the issues, not focusing on the "kitchen table issues" enough and indeed this was not the year for the status-quo candidate.

    I had been a Sanders supporter, my first hope was that he would run in the first place, next that he wouldn't go down with only a few percent; watching his popularity soar was very refreshing!

    But ultimately, I was disappointed, but I voted for Hillary and felt she was one of the most qualified candidates ever, we had two very good candidates as far as qualifications, they had a field of bad and bizarre actors, and this time Hotdog America won.

    Thx
    Last edited by Thx1138; 10th July 2017 at 01:19 AM.
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  6. #66
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    30,473
    Thanks
    6447

    From
    Walking the Fine Line
    Bernie Sanders couldn't win the Democrat primary, and someone thinks that he could have beaten Donald J Trump? I do agree that Hillary R Clinton sucked the life right out of any potential real Democrats getting into the race. I hope that they make that same mistake in 2020. Run her again.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,804
    Thanks
    28615

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    The real problem was the fools in this country sit in front of the boob tube watching Fox and were just hankering for a Reality Star to come along and repeat all the crap already in their heads from listening to Hannity,O'Reilly, Geraldo and the other fools blather.

    They actually believed in their fevered minds that Democrats were devils and Trump was going to save them..

    Never mind the alligators were already in place,ready to pounce. Now,it is sinking in on many they are first in line.

    They are not going to get their jobs back in the coal mines,or steel mills because those same alligators have passed laws getting rid of their protections. Even now,they believe more of the same will work.

    It hasn't yet sunk in they are losing their Medicaid, welfare,food stamps. They are too busy watching the blustering,orange haired blob play strong man over seas. Never mind we are part of that global economy now. Trump gonna make us number one again.

    Putin and his goofy puppet gonna rule the world.

    Now,we have some one across the pond tell us what we did wrong, but like so many they can not even face the major problems they face with the idiots they have running their own country.
    Thanks from Thx1138 and sweettee

  8. #68
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,804
    Thanks
    28615

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Crikey, you folk are so embedded within the party machine you're blind. The Democrats really need to catch up or its right wing victory for the indefinite future. The time of elite pandering, with bobbins such as the median voter model used to justify the ineptness, is over.
    Lost your argument,huh? Did you actually think many of us have very good brains who know just how bad Trump is. Those who have listened to the same right wing talking points you posted for years,and already know they are not true.

  9. #69
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,319
    Thanks
    1171

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Lost your argument,huh? Did you actually think many of us have very good brains who know just how bad Trump is. Those who have listened to the same right wing talking points you posted for years,and already know they are not true.
    Lots of moaning about Trump, very little self-reflection describing how Democratic conservatism enabled the election of a reality star...

  10. #70
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,116
    Thanks
    7174

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Lots of moaning about Trump, very little self-reflection describing how Democratic conservatism enabled the election of a reality star...
    Look at what your not supporting someone qualified for the presidency got us. You turned your back on the most qualified person ever for the job and let this fuck up get elected. You and Trump supporters enabled him by bashing the only person capable and able to beat him on the final ticket. You owe the rest of us and the world an apology for inflicting Trump on us and his 24/7 circus of an Administration.

    http://www.thefader.com/2017/07/09/a...sment-of-trump

    "He identified an illness in Western democracies, but he has no cure for it," Uhlmann begins his report. "Rather he seems intent on exploiting it."
    He goes on to say that Trump was an "uneasy, lonely, awkward figure," and calls Trump's decision to not condemn North Korea for their missile tests a failure. Uhlmann also set up a distinguishment between speeches written for Trump and the actual words of the U.S. President.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed