Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68
Thanks Tree49Thanks

Thread: Shirley Chisolm: The American Hero We Forgot

  1. #21
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46,791
    Thanks
    33109

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    I'm sorry but words have meaning and "we" doesn't just mean all your various personas, as posted by YOUR premise presented in YOUR OP. Which makes it part of the conversation and debate.

    Please don't include the rest of us in your own ignorance of historical events. Which is right on topic.

    I'm sorry you choose to remain ignorant of wild horses since you brought that up again too, but I know ignorance can be a comfort to some. The argument you made in favor of euthanizing horses before emergency events in that other thread was pretty profound though.
    Hey,guys,I stay on this board because it is quite an education. We each learn new things from each other. No one knows everything.

    At times it gets hairy, but roll with it,unless you get a personal insult.
    Thanks from Madeline

  2. #22
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,970
    Thanks
    18520

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    IMO?

    As every bit the hero MLK is, with the streets named for her, etc.
    Go for it. The only ones stopping it would be members of your own party.
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #23
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    46,791
    Thanks
    33109

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    IMO?

    As every bit the hero MLK is, with the streets named for her, etc.
    She was given a Medal of Freedom in 2015.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pres...dal_of_Freedom
    Thanks from Madeline and Friday13

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30,970
    Thanks
    18520

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Hey,guys,I stay on this board because it is quite an education. We each learn new things from each other. No one knows everything.

    At times it gets hairy, but roll with it,unless you get a personal insult.
    But some have to resort to the report button when they don't get to win the debate. It sez so right on this thread.

    I have no problem with a thread about Shirley Chisolm. It's about time. Just that the OP can't take responsibility for her own ignorance of the subject and included it as part of her OP. Making it fair game.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,390
    Thanks
    30672

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Every town should have a Chisolm Trail, just as they all have an MLK Drive.

  6. #26
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    88,523
    Thanks
    64379

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Not every American is my age.

    Modern American history textbooks do not accord Chisolm her due.
    You seem to have a bad attitude towards "these damn kids today", or at least about what subjects you imagine they aren't learning about.

    Are they hanging out too much on your lawn?
    Thanks from TennesseeRain

  7. #27
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,390
    Thanks
    30672

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    I'm sorry but words have meaning and "we" doesn't just mean all your various personas, as included in YOUR premise presented in YOUR OP. Which makes it part of the conversation and debate.

    Please don't include the rest of us in your own ignorance of historical events. Which is right on topic.

    I'm sorry you choose to remain ignorant of wild horses since you brought that up again too, but I know ignorance can be a comfort to some. The argument you made in favor of euthanizing horses before emergency events in that other thread was pretty profound though.
    You are wrong enough to be appointed Mayor of Wrongville.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,390
    Thanks
    30672

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Yep. The episodes are searchable on youtube and on their website although the quality various and not all episodes are available

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ience_episodes
    Thank you! That opens up a fabulous new library of viewing material for me.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,390
    Thanks
    30672

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Hey,guys,I stay on this board because it is quite an education. We each learn new things from each other. No one knows everything.

    At times it gets hairy, but roll with it,unless you get a personal insult.
    Do you remember how viciously Chisolm was attacked in 1972?

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,390
    Thanks
    30672

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Go for it. The only ones stopping it would be members of your own party.
    I am not the Queen of American street names.

    Point of the Op, BTW, is that we voters should be recruiting new Chisolm-esque people to run for office.

    So we aren't constantly voting for the lesser of two evils.

    Local and state political parties are relatively open and amenable to influence from ordinary people. And they in turn control the national party committee.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RIP Delmer Berg An American Hero.
    By Dangermouse in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd March 2016, 06:28 PM
  2. My idea of an American hero
    By heirtothewind in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th November 2014, 10:30 AM
  3. A real American hero dies
    By JackDallas in forum Warfare
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th March 2014, 11:19 PM
  4. Hero of the American worker
    By John J in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13th August 2010, 11:15 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed