Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 168 of 168
Thanks Tree66Thanks

Thread: Moderates and conservatives understand their opponents; liberals don't

  1. #161
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,451
    Thanks
    3871

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPorter View Post
    You're predictable and gullible. And you've been played by people that are just smarter than you. Ho. Hum.
    You have no response to the content? Why are you offended by the findings of the study?

  2. #162
    New Member jet57's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    44

    From
    Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    I do know that alt-right is a PC term for white-nationalist which is a PC term for white-supremacist which is in turn a PC term for racist, so I understand my opponents perfectly.
    Well, since the alt-right is full of the personalities that you just labeled, the "PC term" fits perfectly doesn't it.

  3. #163
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,451
    Thanks
    3871

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    I do know that alt-right is a PC term for white-nationalist which is a PC term for white-supremacist which is in turn a PC term for racist, so I understand my opponents perfectly.
    You actually display exactly why the study's findings were what they were. You are fighting a caricature of your political opposition. Do you know what a caricature is?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    As a moderate Liberal I agree with most of what Wahoo said. Waste and free loaders need to be weeded out of programs.
    What do you mean? I'm not sure I agree with this.

    Taking a short trip through Walmart yesterday to buy something I could not find elsewhere,I was shocked at the double baskets loaded with goodies and fat women pushing. I saw no men.

    I usually stay away the first week of the month.
    Explain what your policy recommendation would be.

  4. #164
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,944
    Thanks
    1460

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    You actually display exactly why the study's findings were what they were.
    The problem is the type of homogeneity demonstrated by the right: i.e. a consistent hatred of an evidence-based approach, given core ideology is threatened. You're most prone to that! Of course that makes it more difficult to 'understand' the right. They could blubber about anything to try and justify their ponce and prance. Very difficult to predict!

  5. #165
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,451
    Thanks
    3871

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    The problem is the type of homogeneity demonstrated by the right
    You're not even paying the slightest bit of attention. I was replying to someone who made a laughable straw man out of the right wing, which is case in point to the topic. The left wing fights caricatures they make up regarding the right. Straw men. This is consistent with the study's findings that liberals are utterly clueless what conservatives' positions even are. They're too busy beating up the straw man to notice.

    i.e. a consistent hatred of an evidence-based approach, given core ideology is threatened.
    The evidence-based approach you, in particular, parade ostentatiously around here is admittedly overwhelmingly partisan to begin with. Confirmation bias is inescapable when you force debate to be through the lens of an already overwhelmingly Democratic Party-allegiant bunch of soft-science researchers.

    This thread is about is evidence that liberals are especially clueless as to how their political opponents might answer questions, relative to everyone else tested. This merely reveals leftist ideologues don't even pay the first bit of attention to their opponent's actual positions or ideas. They're too busy playing pretend as to what those positions are and being outraged about it. If this weren't the case, we'd expect insignificant differences between the groups' accuracy.
    Thanks from Macduff

  6. #166
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,944
    Thanks
    1460

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    You're not even paying the slightest bit of attention. I was replying to someone who made a laughable straw man out of the right wing, which is case in point to the topic. The left wing fights caricatures they make up regarding the right. Straw men. This is consistent with the study's findings that liberals are utterly clueless what conservatives' positions even are. They're too busy beating up the straw man to notice.
    I helped you understand why the left doesn't understand the right: once you give up an evidence-based approach, unpredictability is guaranteed. Tell your right wing chums to celebrate logic. That'll make our lives so much easier.

    The evidence-based approach you, in particular, parade ostentatiously around here is admittedly overwhelmingly partisan to begin with. Confirmation bias is inescapable when you force debate to be through the lens of an already overwhelmingly Democratic Party-allegiant bunch of soft-science researchers.
    This is just post-truth vomit. The beauty of evidence is that you can check for consistency and robustness. That right wing homogeneity refuses to play demonstrates a core trait: religious fever.

    This thread is about is evidence that liberals are especially clueless as to how their political opponents might answer questions, relative to everyone else tested.
    And I've answered it for you. Hard to predict the illogical.

    This merely reveals leftist ideologues don't even pay the first bit of attention to their opponent's actual positions or ideas. They're too busy playing pretend as to what those positions are and being outraged about it. If this weren't the case, we'd expect insignificant differences between the groups' accuracy.
    There's not much to understand really. There's a reason why much of the political discrepancy in academia relates to intelligence differences. Without logic, we just have a bunch of chimps randomly throwing their excrement
    Thanks from Panzareta

  7. #167
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,451
    Thanks
    3871

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    I helped you understand why the left doesn't understand the right: once you give up an evidence-based approach, unpredictability is guaranteed.
    That fails to explain how conservatives could be so much more accurate regarding liberal responses. Your attempt to rationalize the results in whatever way showers the left with compliments is pathetic and comical.

    This is just post-truth vomit.
    When a soft science is filled with and taught by political partisan zealots, confirmation bias is all but guaranteed. Studies and definitions and parameters are all set to confirm the bias. Don't act like economics, sociology, social work and the like are bastions of pure objectivity and strictly non-biased research. Everyone knows better.

    The beauty of evidence is that you can check for consistency and robustness.
    You could, but if the entire department and the university are happy the results confirmed their bias, why would you? When you see Berkeley researchers (well known left-wing extremists) colluding with public officials to weaponize data to challenge anything that doesn't confirm the starting bias of the partisan ideologue that commissioned the study (e.g., Seattle minimum wage studies), you know these soft sciences have confirmation bias issues. The study is automatically declared flawed if it doesn't reinforce the starting policy position. The study is required to be set up in such a way as to validate the starting policy bias. Go ahead and deny this occurs.

    There's a reason why much of the political discrepancy in academia relates to intelligence differences. Without logic, we just have a bunch of chimps randomly throwing their excrement
    Chimps don't accurately predict their opponents' answers. Conservatives and moderates could. Liberals couldn't.

    Thanks for your rationalization of why leftists are so clueless as to their opponents actual positions. You seem to be another example, given your inane cliche generalizations about all non-liberals.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 7th October 2017 at 02:22 PM.

  8. #168
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,944
    Thanks
    1460

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    That fails to explain how conservatives could be so much more accurate regarding liberal responses. Your attempt to rationalize the results in whatever way showers the left with compliments is pathetic and comical.
    Ahh, but we have a problem don't we? My argument is based on logic. Right wingers don't do logic. By not understanding my argument, you're actually supporting it. Cheers!

    When a soft science is filled with and taught by political partisan zealots, confirmation bias is all but guaranteed. Studies and definitions and parameters are all set to confirm the bias. Don't act like economics, sociology, social work and the like are bastions of pure objectivity and strictly non-biased research. Everyone knows better.
    More post-truth bile! Take something like Lott and gun control. Do I simply blubber 'he doesn't agree with what I think'? Of course not. I research his approach and find that the results are based on empirical bias. Its not difficult. The truth is that you can't as your position is so regularly based on nothing but hot air.

    You could, but if the entire department and the university are happy the results confirmed their bias, why would you?
    What a ridiculous comment. Research is published in independent academic journals. Very easy to check for bias. A 'bad' paper will soon have counter-papers detailing the problems. You'd know that if you weren't post-truth!

    When you see Berkeley researchers (well known left-wing extremists)...
    HAHAHAHA!

    ... colluding with public officials to weaponize data to challenge anything that doesn't confirm the starting bias of the partisan ideologue that commissioned the study (e.g., Seattle minimum wage studies), you know these soft sciences have confirmation bias issues. The study is automatically declared flawed if it doesn't reinforce the starting policy position. The study is required to be set up in such a way as to validate the starting policy bias. Go ahead and deny this occurs.
    The majority of the available research agrees with their position. That is well understood, as shown by the latest meta-analysis. The problem of course is that you don't like that outcome. Evidence is terribly inconvenient for right wingers. That's why they ignore it.

    Chimps don't accurately predict their opponents' answers. Conservatives and moderates could. Liberals couldn't.
    Actually they do. Their simple gestures are very easily understood. The problem is that liberals have evolved to language

    Thanks for your rationalization of why leftists are so clueless as to their opponents actual positions. You seem to be another example, given your inane cliche generalizations about all non-liberals.
    I'd love to say 'right wingers aren't homogeneous', I really would. I can't. Can I predict how you will respond? Also no! There won't be any logic to it after all

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Similar Threads

  1. Liberals opponents celebrate Margaret Thatchers death.
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 11th April 2013, 12:26 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9th November 2012, 08:14 AM
  3. Very important for liberals & moderates to get out & vote on 11/6
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th September 2012, 10:25 AM
  4. Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th March 2012, 02:16 PM
  5. Dream Election for moderates and liberals
    By liberalman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th February 2008, 08:29 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed