Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 168
Thanks Tree66Thanks

Thread: Moderates and conservatives understand their opponents; liberals don't

  1. #11
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    88,523
    Thanks
    64379

    From
    out of nowhere!
    I don't know about the rest, but I can personally vouch for moderates. I've always found them to be wonderful people.
    Thanks from Jets, Wonderer, HayJenn and 1 others

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,718
    Thanks
    2766

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    I don't know about the rest, but I can personally vouch for moderates. I've always found them to be wonderful people.
    Mr. boontito,

    Thank you, you are too kind, my good sir.

  3. #13
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,673
    Thanks
    11093

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Damn what a steaming pile of bullshit, christ oh mighty. Conservatives are the ones that are rabid partisans. THat are brainwashed by the idiocy Fox news feeds them and will only seek out biased sources that reaffirm their ignorance. THat have no ideas, they deny science becuase they are told to and it doesn't support their positions, believe all the problems in the world are due to their favorite scape goats, illegals, continually ignoring the real issues

    And seriously, who are the biggest hypocrities. YOu against Iraq war and Bush, you are a terrorist sympathizer and anti-American, then they spend 8 years shitting on Obama for the most petty and fictional bullshit. Then they elect TRump, a complete and utter POS with no morals, and people who criticize his actual words and actions and provide reasoning why they are dangerous just need to get over it. Damn conservatives are such a dishonest and delusional bunch

    You want to end rabid partisanship, Conservatives can start by turning of fox news, stop reading garbage blogs, and learn some facts.

    I'm so sick of the "liberals control academia bullshit" Sorry, facts have a liberal bias. Hence often the lack of actual facts, logic and reasoning tto support their positions seen by conservatives. This is wHy they have to call anything they don't like "fake news" or "liberally biased". This is why this article is such crap. Then the same people flock to clearly biased sites known for lies, spin, and other biased reporting. Yeah, liberals are the ones that are biased
    Really?

    I can name some good things about Obama, can you name any about Trump?

    Put your money where your mouth is.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,458
    Thanks
    3873

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Two deflections, no refutation of any of my points

    More deflection, and nothing you said addresses anything I wrote...

    Once again, deflect and just repeat the same false statement without provide any reasoning
    You haven't made a point, just petulant partisan straw man whining about Republicans. Say something that isn't a political hack comment and it will be addressed as such. Spout partisan hack comments and it will be addressed as it is.

    YOur article was not solely the research, it was an article putting a lot of bullshit into the study that wasn't there, and I addressed that. As typical, you deflect
    I linked both the research and that commentary, and you can keep saying the commentary was bullshit, but it is a lot better articulated than anything you've said so far.

    Bullshit, you cited an article that added their own spin to a study, then when I pointed out the inaccuracies, you deflect and repeat the same lies.
    You didn't identify a single inaccuracy. You just whined and protested and flung baseless blame on Republicans. The topic isn't even about Republicans.

    Universities teach facts,
    Sometimes, but not exclusively. Social sciences don't merely "teach facts," they also promote politically motivated conceptual frameworks that skew research toward supporting their political biases.

    that's why they are liberaly biased according to conservatives.
    They are liberally biased according to research that has examined their political biases.

    THey don't like facts, because they refute conservative positions.
    Yet you apparently don't like the fact that social science departments throughout American academia are extremely leftist and subjectively biased. I can sense you are attempting to arbitrarily characterize academic leftwing bias as if it were a set of facts. That would be ill-advised, as it's not an argument you have any hope of winning.

    Science observes and studies to find that facts,
    Which in this case revealed moderates and conservatives were better predictors of liberals' answers to questions than vice versa.
    Thanks from Macduff

  5. #15
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,458
    Thanks
    3873

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Hmm, could it be that conservatives know what liberals will say because liberals are consistent and not raging hypocrities like conservatives that will change their position with the wind? As the numerous examples I pointed out.
    I realize someone like you will need to conjure up whatever explanation will allow you to validate your own out of control hatred for moderates and conservatives. This is characteristic of any political extremist.

    Yeah, cons are so moral that they elected Trump, that they support stripping healthcare for millions and claim we can't afford healthcare and infrastructure or help for actual Americans and to help our country, that want to continue to pollute the world and not pursue techonlogies that will lead to entire industries and high tech jobs, but we can spend 700 billion a year on a military that is already bloated, on weapons that kill and destroy?
    Again, you are coming off as completely unhinged with your seemingly uncontrollable continuous outpouring of outrage.
    Thanks from Macduff

  6. #16
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    83,581
    Thanks
    22337

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Damn what a steaming pile of bullshit, christ oh mighty. Conservatives are the ones that are rabid partisans. THat are brainwashed by the idiocy Fox news feeds them and will only seek out biased sources that reaffirm their ignorance. THat have no ideas, they deny science becuase they are told to and it doesn't support their positions, believe all the problems in the world are due to their favorite scape goats, illegals, continually ignoring the real issues

    And seriously, who are the biggest hypocrities. YOu against Iraq war and Bush, you are a terrorist sympathizer and anti-American, then they spend 8 years shitting on Obama for the most petty and fictional bullshit. Then they elect TRump, a complete and utter POS with no morals, and people who criticize his actual words and actions and provide reasoning why they are dangerous just need to get over it. Damn conservatives are such a dishonest and delusional bunch

    You want to end rabid partisanship, Conservatives can start by turning of fox news, stop reading garbage blogs, and learn some facts.

    I'm so sick of the "liberals control academia bullshit" Sorry, facts have a liberal bias. Hence often the lack of actual facts, logic and reasoning tto support their positions seen by conservatives. This is wHy they have to call anything they don't like "fake news" or "liberally biased". This is why this article is such crap. Then the same people flock to clearly biased sites known for lies, spin, and other biased reporting. Yeah, liberals are the ones that are biased
    Hilarious. You completely ignore study results because they don't conform with the little fairy tale that you want to believe and continue to spout this kind of arrogant clichÚd bullshit. Without one single fact to support your position.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,805
    Thanks
    869

    From
    Maryland USA
    Again, I find it necessary to suggest that conservatives should be discussed and separated into Fiscal conservatives and Social conservatives. I have always stated that I am a fiscal conservative. I believe that the solution to our economic concerns is a vibrant private sector and not more government. I do support the need for social programs, programs that actually achieve their goals, not just to throw good money after bad. I am not a Social conservative. I support gay rights and the reproductive rights of women. I do not support the demands of the religious right.
    Thanks from BitterPill, Jets, boontito and 1 others

  8. #18
    The Covfefe are Coming! BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,264
    Thanks
    4766

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    Again, I find it necessary to suggest that conservatives should be discussed and separated into Fiscal conservatives and Social conservatives. I have always stated that I am a fiscal conservative. I believe that the solution to our economic concerns is a vibrant private sector and not more government. I do support the need for social programs, programs that actually achieve their goals, not just to throw good money after bad. I am not a Social conservative. I support gay rights and the reproductive rights of women. I do not support the demands of the religious right.
    I'm in your boat. I prefer a social-capital synthesis that allows and encourages entrepreneurship yet requires it take part in funding our government and social programs.
    Thanks from TheWahoo

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,805
    Thanks
    869

    From
    Maryland USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    I'm in your boat. I prefer a social-capital synthesis that allows and encourages entrepreneurship yet requires it take part in funding our government and social programs.
    Effective and successful social programs will contribute to a vibrant private sector, especially education programs to meet our skilled labor need. It seems to me that our existing programs only subsidize poverty, they do very little to actually get people out of poverty.

  10. #20
    Scucca Ăthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,944
    Thanks
    1460

    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Hilarious. You completely ignore study results because they don't conform with the little fairy tale that you want to believe and continue to spout this kind of arrogant clichÚd bullshit. Without one single fact to support your position.
    Not just cliche though is it. Take the study by Carl (2015, Can intelligence explain the overrepresentation of liberals and leftists in American academia?, Intelligence, Vol. 53, pp. 181-193). That does find an intelligence effect: "Starting from the top, academics are 36 percentage-points more likely than the general population to identify as liberal, and 44% of this gap (16 percentage-points) can be explained by intelligence"

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Liberals opponents celebrate Margaret Thatchers death.
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 11th April 2013, 12:26 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9th November 2012, 08:14 AM
  3. Very important for liberals & moderates to get out & vote on 11/6
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20th September 2012, 10:25 AM
  4. Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th March 2012, 02:16 PM
  5. Dream Election for moderates and liberals
    By liberalman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th February 2008, 08:29 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed