Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Firm That Contracted Steele Dossier Says It Was 'Shocked' By Findings on Trump

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35,091
    Thanks
    27808

    From
    On a hill

    Firm That Contracted Steele Dossier Says It Was 'Shocked' By Findings on Trump

    January 3, 201810:24 AM ET
    SCOTT NEUMAN

    The founders of the political research firm that commissioned the infamous Russia dossier on Donald Trump say they were "shocked" by the things they say it uncovered and want their full story to be public.

    Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, founders of the opposition research shop Fusion GPS, also are accusing Republicans in Congress of unfairly targeting them and their company while ignoring "credible evidence of collusion" between Trump's campaign and the Russians who interfered in the 2016 election.

    Simpson and Fritsch used an op-ed in Wednesday's New York Times to call for the release of transcripts of their 21 hours of closed testimony before congressional investigators.

    "It's time to share what our company told investigators," Simpson and Fritsch wrote.

    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...m_term=nprnews
    Thanks from Babba

  2. #2
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,539
    Thanks
    36116

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Now with the story coming out from Mensch much is falling into place.

    https://www.quora.com/If-rumors-are-...t-with-the-GOP
    Thanks from Babba

  3. #3
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68,564
    Thanks
    50434

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Now with the story coming out from Mensch much is falling into place.

    https://www.quora.com/If-rumors-are-...t-with-the-GOP
    Wow. If that's true it certainly explains the Republicans behavior in all of this.

  4. #4
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,822
    Thanks
    44405

    From
    becoming more and more
    can members of Congress be charged with conspiracy if they ignore clear evidence implicating Trump ?
    Anyone know?

  5. #5
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,892
    Thanks
    31792

    From
    SWUSA
    Be careful what you wish for Trump supporter...you may not like the outcome.

    The task was to do opposition research.

    Lets see how fast Trump changes his mind once the Democrats start asking that Congress investigate the claims found in the research.
    Thanks from the watchman

  6. #6
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,822
    Thanks
    44405

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Be careful what you wish for Trump supporter...you may not like the outcome.

    The task was to do opposition research.

    Lets see how fast Trump changes his mind once the Democrats start asking that Congress investigate the claims found in the research.
    people are just going to have to get out and vote this mid term if they expect anything to be investigated. The Republican's are just as corrupt as Trump. They know they can hide behind congressional immunity in most cases. If it were the average citizen doing half the stuff they do they'd be facing prison time by now.
    Thanks from Babba

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Wow. If that's true it certainly explains the Republicans behavior in all of this.
    I have no doubt that Russian money found its way to more than just Trump's campaign inside the GOP. I think that is what has the GOP so panicked. I say tough shit to their panic. Mueller is a Republican but he will not act in a partisan way. The GOP will be outed with many in its rank exposed.

  8. #8
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68,564
    Thanks
    50434

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    I have no doubt that Russian money found its way to more than just Trump's campaign inside the GOP. I think that is what has the GOP so panicked. I say tough shit to their panic. Mueller is a Republican but he will not act in a partisan way. The GOP will be outed with many in its rank exposed.
    If they were involved too I certainly hope they go down along with the rest of them.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,667
    Thanks
    20571

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    January 3, 201810:24 AM ET
    SCOTT NEUMAN

    The founders of the political research firm that commissioned the infamous Russia dossier on Donald Trump say they were "shocked" by the things they say it uncovered and want their full story to be public.

    Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, founders of the opposition research shop Fusion GPS, also are accusing Republicans in Congress of unfairly targeting them and their company while ignoring "credible evidence of collusion" between Trump's campaign and the Russians who interfered in the 2016 election.

    Simpson and Fritsch used an op-ed in Wednesday's New York Times to call for the release of transcripts of their 21 hours of closed testimony before congressional investigators.

    "It's time to share what our company told investigators," Simpson and Fritsch wrote.

    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...m_term=nprnews
    Of course and that's why STEELE took it to the FBI. That is what your SUPPOSED TO DO when you find DANGER or questional national security interests (or TREASONOUS dealings). Steele is a from an ally country! He did precisely what he was supposed to do and would be expected to do.
    Thanks from Babba

  10. #10
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68,564
    Thanks
    50434

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Of course and that's why STEELE took it to the FBI. That is what your SUPPOSED TO DO when you find DANGER or questional national security interests (or TREASONOUS dealings). Steele is a from an ally country! He did precisely what he was supposed to do and would be expected to do.
    Exactly! When Kushner was asked if he wanted dirt on Hillary from the Russians he should have reported it to the FBI. Instead he said he'd love it!
    Thanks from the watchman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd December 2017, 07:34 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12th December 2017, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th December 2017, 06:53 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2017, 09:48 AM
  5. NEWS Sketchy firm behind Trump dossier is stalling investigators
    By ptif219 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 25th June 2017, 02:36 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed