Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: Trump may have violated the law by reportedly putting presidential seal on golf tee m

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    36,041
    Thanks
    28669

    From
    On a hill

    Trump may have violated the law by reportedly putting presidential seal on golf tee m

    BY ZOLA RAY ON 3/5/18 AT 1:25 PM

    President Donald Trump recently combined two of his favorite activities—playing golf and putting his mark on things—by ordering dozens of golf tee markers with the presidential seal of the United States on them, ProPublica reported Monday.

    snip

    Federal law states that the seal of the president can only be used for official government affairs, ProPublica reports, and using the seal incorrectly could carry the penalty of up to six months in jail, The Hill reported Monday.

    Trump May Have Violated the Law By Reportedly Putting Presidential Seal on Golf Tee Markers

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Really? This is the best that you all can do? Talk about petty.
    Thanks from Goofball and LuvMyPups

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Goofball's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    51,280
    Thanks
    10361

    From
    United States
    Now THIS is what will bring Trump down!

    Forget the Russian debacle, get on this one Dims! Ya got him on the ropes with this one.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  4. #4
    Established Member Idiocracat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,819
    Thanks
    4960

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Really? This is the best that you all can do? Talk about petty.
    That's hilarious, there's a slew of scandals keeping Donny's depends loaded down.
    This is petty in comparison though

  5. #5
    Shitposting Rank 4 Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21,745
    Thanks
    12049

    From
    Colorado
    If he gets into trouble for something like this, I'm certain he will be really t'd off.
    Thanks from boontito, labrea and libertariat720

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia

    Trump may have violated the law by reportedly putting presidential seal on golf tee m

    My daughter has a box of M&M's with the Presidential Seal upon it. It also has Barack H Obama's signature. Should he go to jail?



    Last edited by Southern Dad; 6th March 2018 at 08:12 AM.
    Thanks from LuvMyPups

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,799
    Thanks
    8924

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    BY ZOLA RAY ON 3/5/18 AT 1:25 PM

    President Donald Trump recently combined two of his favorite activities—playing golf and putting his mark on things—by ordering dozens of golf tee markers with the presidential seal of the United States on them, ProPublica reported Monday.

    snip

    Federal law states that the seal of the president can only be used for official government affairs, ProPublica reports, and using the seal incorrectly could carry the penalty of up to six months in jail, The Hill reported Monday.

    Trump May Have Violated the Law By Reportedly Putting Presidential Seal on Golf Tee Markers
    Why on earth would his business do such a thing? Clearly it at least flirts with illegal on several levels, but it also seems unseemly and vulgar.
    Thanks from labrea

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,799
    Thanks
    8924

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    My daughter has a box of M&M's with the Presidential Seal upon it. It also has Barack H Obama's signature. Should he go to jail?
    Was it sold to her at a private club owned by the president in a business he swore he was not running in order to avoid conflict of interest concerns?
    Thanks from labrea

  9. #9
    Moderator Nicnam's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13,760
    Thanks
    3552

    From
    .
    ProPublica and WNYC saw an order form that listed the customer as “Trump International.”

    Who ordered the markers?

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Goofball's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    51,280
    Thanks
    10361

    From
    United States
    GOLF TEEGATE!

    We need a Special Council.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd March 2018, 07:01 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th May 2017, 01:40 PM
  3. Presidential golf
    By Bourne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st February 2017, 10:05 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd August 2014, 08:00 AM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12th July 2012, 05:26 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed