Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 222
Thanks Tree153Thanks

Thread: Biracial children

  1. #201
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    21,769
    Thanks
    16152

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsetRose View Post
    I have a dear friend who happens to be White. She also is the ex-wife of a Black man and the Mother of 3 adult biracial children. She made a beautiful post on Facebook today concerning the NFL national anthem debate. She understands perfectly what the NFL players are protesting. She knows they are not protesting the national anthem, the flag, the military, etc.
    She knows they are protesting police brutality that leads to the deaths of unarmed Black males. She cares because her sons are Black males. She doesn't understand why some people cannot see what she sees.
    I admire and respect my friend more than ever now.
    bumping.

  2. #202
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    341

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by SunsetRose View Post
    I have a dear friend who happens to be White. She also is the ex-wife of a Black man and the Mother of 3 adult biracial children. She made a beautiful post on Facebook today concerning the NFL national anthem debate. She understands perfectly what the NFL players are protesting. She knows they are not protesting the national anthem, the flag, the military, etc.
    She knows they are protesting police brutality that leads to the deaths of unarmed Black males. She cares because her sons are Black males. She doesn't understand why some people cannot see what she sees.
    I admire and respect my friend more than ever now.
    What she doesn't understand is others have a view as well. To "many" Americans it's an insult to the country. I say this as a guy who's not particularly patriotic. Why doesn't she see "their" side?

  3. #203
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,935
    Thanks
    8807

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    What she doesn't understand is others have a view as well. To "many" Americans it's an insult to the country. I say this as a guy who's not particularly patriotic. Why doesn't she see "their" side?
    Because they are wrong. If I say "I don't like cheeseburgers, I find them disgusting." and you say "Cheeseburgers are the very embodiment of American culture in food! What you have said clearly expresses that you hate American culture and America itself."

    It really doesn't matter if you are offended that I hate cheeseburgers and have overreacted to think that I hate America. You'd simply be wrong, and probably trying to make a big deal because you don't want to allow any criticism of things you like.

  4. #204
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    341

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    What she doesn't understand is others have a view as well. To "many" Americans it's an insult to the country. I say this as a guy who's not particularly patriotic. Why doesn't she see "their" side?
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Because they are wrong. If I say "I don't like cheeseburgers, I find them disgusting." and you say "Cheeseburgers are the very embodiment of American culture in food! What you have said clearly expresses that you hate American culture and America itself."

    It really doesn't matter if you are offended that I hate cheeseburgers and have overreacted to think that I hate America. You'd simply be wrong, and probably trying to make a big deal because you don't want to allow any criticism of things you like.
    So, you're intolerant of views other than your own. you just made my case for me.

  5. #205
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,935
    Thanks
    8807

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    So, you're intolerant of views other than your own. you just made my case for me.
    I don't recall you saying that the take a knee protests are just another viewpoint that you will tolerate because everyone has the right to express themselves. You are completely intolerant of them, and everything you say confirms it.

    What was the point you were making again?

  6. #206
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    341

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    I don't recall you saying that the take a knee protests are just another viewpoint that you will tolerate because everyone has the right to express themselves. You are completely intolerant of them, and everything you say confirms it.

    What was the point you were making again?
    I don't care whether they do or not. I really don't. As far as I'm concerned they are welcome to it.

    On the other hand tho, it's risky business to completely offend huge sections of your fan base.

    30 percent of NFL fans are watching less — and most blame anthem protests

  7. #207
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,935
    Thanks
    8807

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    I don't care whether they do or not. I really don't. As far as I'm concerned they are welcome to it.

    On the other hand tho, it's risky business to completely offend huge sections of your fan base.

    30 percent of NFL fans are watching less and most blame anthem protests
    You don't care, but it offends you, and you clearly disagree with them. You think they are wrong to do it, just as you think any of the dozen or so pictures of people "disrespecting the flag" are wrong.

  8. #208
    Veteran Member Dr Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,262
    Thanks
    11624

    Quote Originally Posted by SunsetRose View Post
    I have a dear friend who happens to be White. She also is the ex-wife of a Black man and the Mother of 3 adult biracial children. She made a beautiful post on Facebook today concerning the NFL national anthem debate. She understands perfectly what the NFL players are protesting. She knows they are not protesting the national anthem, the flag, the military, etc.
    She knows they are protesting police brutality that leads to the deaths of unarmed Black males. She cares because her sons are Black males. She doesn't understand why some people cannot see what she sees.
    I admire and respect my friend more than ever now.
    I have a second cousin who has biracial kids, lives in rural montana. She doesn't understand the taking of a knee, which to me is really ridiculous. Wait until her kids start being discriminated against, she might change her tune real quick. They live such a secluded life, many people there have no idea how the world outside their little bubble works

  9. #209
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    341

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    You don't care, but it offends you, and you clearly disagree with them. You think they are wrong to do it, just as you think any of the dozen or so pictures of people "disrespecting the flag" are wrong.
    No it doesn't. I don't consider myself particularly "patriotic" at least to the current power structure in the U.S. and not to that flag.

    I see this as a cultural issue. Let them protest. Let a third of the fan base go elsewhere, but for gawd's sake stop being so intolerant of those who have an honest disagreement with you on this issue.

  10. #210
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    341

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    I have a second cousin who has biracial kids, lives in rural montana. She doesn't understand the taking of a knee, which to me is really ridiculous. Wait until her kids start being discriminated against, she might change her tune real quick. They live such a secluded life, many people there have no idea how the world outside their little bubble works
    It doesn't work that way around here. It isn't race, it's culture. Perhaps it's you in a "bubble."
    Last edited by fenrir; 12th October 2017 at 12:21 PM.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Biracial 8 year old allegedly hung from tree by teenagers
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 13th September 2017, 01:25 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 22nd September 2016, 05:25 AM
  3. Replies: 386
    Last Post: 9th February 2014, 02:27 AM
  4. Replies: 116
    Last Post: 12th August 2009, 07:43 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed