Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: trump has a race problem.

  1. #1
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82,000
    Thanks
    44646

    From
    becoming more and more

    trump has a race problem.


    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/28/polit...nes/index.html
    the above was a response to an interview where Jay Z was directly asked about black unemployment. Given that, Trump is on point. The only problem is no one seems to know why Trump seems to think he's responsible for unemployment trends that began before he took office? Also, he still doesn't appear to understand he's the president. If he has something to say to Jay Z, or anyone else, he can merely have his staff contact him. He doesn't have to take to twitter like a "mean girl". Which, ironically, is pretty much the point Jay Z was making. It's all about how Trump views people and how he chooses to communicate.

    We have a CBC, as well as other leaders in the African American community. He's been president for a year now. What's he done to reach out to that community? Trump's idea of reaching out the the nations he insulted by calling them "shit holes" is to send his Sec. of State on an apology tour. He can't be bothered to do it himself. Or, even better, invite their heads of state to the WH. Same with Jay Z. Don't take to twitter and imply that every African American should be grateful for his presidency. Have a actual conversation with members of that community and treat them with some friggin respect.

    Ya know, kinda like this...

    Thanks from Madeline, Amelia, Friday13 and 1 others

  2. #2
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,103
    Thanks
    4447

    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/28/polit...nes/index.html
    the above was a response to an interview where Jay Z was directly asked about black unemployment. Given that, Trump is on point. The only problem is no one seems to know why Trump seems to think he's responsible for unemployment trends that began before he took office? Also, he still doesn't appear to understand he's the president. If he has something to say to Jay Z, or anyone else, he can merely have his staff contact him. He doesn't have to take to twitter like a "mean girl". Which, ironically, is pretty much the point Jay Z was making. It's all about how Trump views people and how he chooses to communicate.

    We have a CBC, as well as other leaders in the African American community. He's been president for a year now. What's he done to reach out to that community? Trump's idea of reaching out the the nations he insulted by calling them "shit holes" is to send his Sec. of State on an apology tour. He can't be bothered to do it himself. Or, even better, invite their heads of state to the WH. Same with Jay Z. Don't take to twitter and imply that every African American should be grateful for his presidency. Have a actual conversation with members of that community and treat them with some friggin respect.

    Ya know, kinda like this...

    JayZ spewed fake news and shows he is just another low information voter. The President did not say that
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  3. #3
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,878
    Thanks
    640

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/28/polit...nes/index.html
    the above was a response to an interview where Jay Z was directly asked about black unemployment. Given that, Trump is on point. The only problem is no one seems to know why Trump seems to think he's responsible for unemployment trends that began before he took office? Also, he still doesn't appear to understand he's the president. If he has something to say to Jay Z, or anyone else, he can merely have his staff contact him. He doesn't have to take to twitter like a "mean girl". Which, ironically, is pretty much the point Jay Z was making. It's all about how Trump views people and how he chooses to communicate.

    We have a CBC, as well as other leaders in the African American community. He's been president for a year now. What's he done to reach out to that community? Trump's idea of reaching out the the nations he insulted by calling them "shit holes" is to send his Sec. of State on an apology tour. He can't be bothered to do it himself. Or, even better, invite their heads of state to the WH. Same with Jay Z. Don't take to twitter and imply that every African American should be grateful for his presidency. Have a actual conversation with members of that community and treat them with some friggin respect.

    Ya know, kinda like this...

    So does the Democratic Party. It's to be expected with the political parties relying on identity politics so much.

    The Democrats Have an Even Worse White Working Class Problem Than We Thought

  4. #4
    Shitposting Rank 4 Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21,587
    Thanks
    11838

    From
    Colorado
    I think it has to do with the silly notion that a sitting president is responsible for everything that happens under their watch. Regardless if they lifted a finger or not.
    Thanks from Dangermouse and libertariat720

  5. #5
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82,000
    Thanks
    44646

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    So does the Democratic Party. It's to be expected with the political parties relying on identity politics so much.

    The Democrats Have an Even Worse White Working Class Problem Than We Thought
    first, you reference "identity politics" ( what ever that's suppose to mean). Then, you put up a link about the "white working class"?

    Do you not see how that's a bit hypocritical?

  6. #6
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,878
    Thanks
    640

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    first, you reference "identity politics" ( what ever that's suppose to mean). Then, you put up a link about the "white working class"?

    Do you not see how that's a bit hypocritical?
    Identity politics is about political parties enacting policies and laws that appeal to various and sundry demographics. That's simply fact.

    Both you and I belong to different demographics. That's also simply fact.

    You are free to believe simple facts constitute hypocrisy if you want but I fail to see your point.

    i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
    noun
    a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

    dem·o·graph·ics
    ˌdeməˈɡrafiks/Submit
    noun
    statistical data relating to the population and particular groups within it.

  7. #7
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82,000
    Thanks
    44646

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    Identity politics is about political parties enacting policies and laws that appeal to various and sundry demographics. That's simply fact.

    Both you and I belong to different demographics. That's also simply fact.

    You are free to believe simple facts constitute hypocrisy if you want but I fail to see your point.

    i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
    noun
    a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics.

    dem·o·graph·ics
    ˌdeməˈɡrafiks/Submit
    noun
    statistical data relating to the population and particular groups within it.
    so, you're saying it's not "identity politics" unless the policies don't benefit the white working class? How is that argument not engaging in "identity politics" in of itself?

  8. #8
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,878
    Thanks
    640

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    so, you're saying it's not "identity politics" unless the policies don't benefit the white working class? How is that argument not engaging in "identity politics" in of itself?
    No, I'm not.

    I'm saying the political and social elite that dominates the federal government and the political party leaderships of both parties use identity politics to appeal to specific demographics in this country in an effort to exercise political control far greater than their own numbers would otherwise allow.

  9. #9
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82,000
    Thanks
    44646

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    No, I'm not.

    I'm saying the political and social elite that dominates the federal government and the political party leaderships of both parties use identity politics to appeal to specific demographics in this country in an effort to exercise political control far greater than their own numbers would otherwise allow.
    you're arguing that the Democrats should adopt polices that appeal to the white working class. You singled them out. You put up a link to how the polices of the Democrat party has resulted in loosing their support. You responded to Trump having a race problem by singling out the Democrats. Now, all of the sudden, you're claiming you meant both parties? Now, you're claiming that it's not just the white working class that you were referring to? Make up your mind.

  10. #10
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,878
    Thanks
    640

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    you're arguing that the Democrats should adopt polices that appeal to the white working class. You singled them out. You put up a link to how the polices of the Democrat party has resulted in loosing their support. You responded to Trump having a race problem by singling out the Democrats. Now, all of the sudden, you're claiming you meant both parties? Now, you're claiming that it's not just the white working class that you were referring to? Make up your mind.
    I have made up my mind. As long as both parties use identity politics, both do, I'm going to continue to vote for the party that best represents the needs of my demographic, the same as you do.

    We should be expected to vote for our own self interests. Anything else would be illogical.

    Last edited by fenrir; 28th January 2018 at 12:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2nd August 2017, 05:28 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8th July 2016, 12:58 PM
  3. Race isnt just a GOP problem
    By bajisima in forum Racism
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th April 2014, 11:38 AM
  4. Lee Atwater and the GOP's Race Problem
    By Aaronssongs in forum Racism
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th November 2012, 07:06 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed