Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 88
Thanks Tree52Thanks

Thread: lessons in cultural sensitivity.

  1. #51
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,827
    Thanks
    44417

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Maybe the impact on Americans created when immigrants arrive?

    WTF knows.

    Sounds like codespeak for Jim Crow to my ear.
    me too. There are a lot of code words these days being used to trap people . Then, if you respond accordingly, they scream bloody murder and cue up their talking points. It's interesting. You'll see people do it no matter what their political leanings. They'll pass up, for instance, all the folks on their side engaging in racially insensitive comments. Then, they'll have a fit if it's someone on the other side who says the exact same, or similar, thing. Hillary Clinton, and Bill as well, have made such comments. But, they're given a pass. Mostly, because of their advocacy for equality. Then, there's Trump. Where folks like Ryan called him a racist. But, just as soon as he was elected, forgot all about it. In fact, once elected, it became taboo to call Trump a racist anymore. At least by some. Conservatives have a lot to think about on that front. Much more so than Liberals.
    Thanks from Madeline

  2. #52
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    That's what is difficult to understand, but seems to be a sociological conundrum that cannot be reversed:

    Being rich, and having you own jet, seems only to be providing satisfaction (if at all), if not EVERYONE can afford the same.
    For some odd reason, having caviar every day you want is just not worth it, if everyone in the world can do it.
    Even worse, the jet brings no joy unless it is more luxurious, expensive, faster, etc. from whomever you regard as your jet-owning peers, IME. Rich women don't prize their jewelry as love tokens or family heirlooms, but only as envy-triggers for other rich women.

    Humans just are not evolved to the point that 99.9% of us can develop a conscience, empathy, etc. if we never feel the consequences of hurting other people.

    "Great Gatsby" is a horror story, we ALL know it, and yet, we ALL think we could handle huge wealth.

    I think most of us would be devastated to watch great wealth impact our lives and our families' lives. Most of us would be incinerated by it.

    So, basically, American government is now virtually a dictatorship run by a cabal of the most powerful psychopaths in history.

    What could possibly go wrong with this plan?
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  3. #53
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Your posts over the last year or so? Just guessing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    You cannot possibly expect to fight to the death for a Hillary Clinton presidency -- so as to avoid the "disaster" of a Sanders presidency! -- and be taken seriously as a Bill Clinton opponent.

    For a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoaTlOver View Post
    My bust. I should not just assume such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    O, she does. She just can't seem to get comfy with her own opinions.

    Like most Democratic party faithful, I think @Eve1 is sincere about her core values, but less than sincere/scrupulous about whether the Clintons EVER advanced any of them.
    @Madeline sorry to disappoint you but I’m not a Democrat. I don’t buy into the HATE HILLARY crowd. Believe it or not you don’t have to be a Democrat to see through the GOP vilification of her for the past 30 years. The woman is married to a man and she stood by her man even when she shouldn’t have but alas love is deaf, dumb and blind. I know the argument people make that she only stayed with him for political purposes but I disagree. She had a golden opportunity to make points for herself by leaving him between running for the Senate and him leaving the Presidency. She didn’t need him politically after Gore lost his bid for the Presidency. She didn’t take that golden opportunity to break free of Bill. I can see only one explainable reason. It has to be the stupidly that is love, loyalty and actual faithfulness to a vow and to her God. I admire her for that, in and by itself, while still not agreeing with her on staying with Bill.

    I also don’t buy that she is a superwoman capable of getting away with all kinds of crimes ranging from murder to taking bribes and everything in between. That doesn’t make me a Democrat, it makes me a person that does not buy into unfounded conspiracy theories and very well funded and orchestrated propaganda campaigns against her. Show me evidence and I’ll change my mind but still ZERO. Trump and the GOP have the wet dream of Hillary haters in having control over all 3 levels of govt and a motivated President to LOCK HER UP. What else do you need and what do other Hillary haters need to finally admit to yourselves you have been had by the GOP when it comes to her?

    With respect to Sanders, I don’t think he had a chance. One thing America is not ready for is a socialist Jew. Good lord it’s as plane as an be that anti-semitism is still alive and well today (altright). That and coupled with the scary socialist label he would have lost not only the EC count but also the popular vote.
    Last edited by Eve1; 26th February 2018 at 01:27 PM.

  4. #54
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Most white liberals have racism issues.
    Which means an even larger proportion of Americans suffer from their own racism.

  5. #55
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    White people willing to throw other white people on the sword is the new noble
    You talking about Nazis?

    They certainly put countless millions of white people to the sword for the 'new noble'.

  6. #56
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    @Madeline sorry to disappoint you but I’m not a Democrat. I don’t buy into the HATE HILLARY crowd. Believe it or not you don’t have to be a Democrat to see through the GOP vilification of her for the past 30 years. The woman is married to a man and she stood by her man even when she shouldn’t have but alas love is deaf, dumb and blind. I know the argument people make that she only stayed with him for political purposes but I disagree. She had a golden opportunity to make points for herself by leaving him between running for the Senate and him leaving the Presidency. She didn’t need him politically after Gore lost his bid for the Presidency. She didn’t take that golden opportunity to break free of Bill. I can see only one explainable reason. It has to be the stupidly that is love, loyalty and actual faithfulness to a vow and to her God. I admire her for that in a by itself while still not agreeing with her on staying with Bill.

    I also don’t buy that she is a superwoman capable of getting away with all kinds of crimes ranging from murder to taking bribes and everything in between. That doesn’t make me a Democrat, it makes me a person that does not buy into unfounded conspiracy theories and very well funded and orchestrated propaganda campaigns against her. Show me evidence and I’ll change my mind but still ZERO. Trump and the GOP have the wet dream of Hillary haters in having control over all 3 levels of govt and a motivated President to LOCK HER UP. What else do you need and what do other Hillary haters need to finally admit to yourselves you have been had by the GOP when it comes to her?
    Nice mischaractization! I hold her accountable for her OWN conduct and while yes, that does include covering up her husband's SEXUAL CRIMES, of FAR greater importance to me is the targeted assault made by HER on the poor people of this country, HER warmongering, HER deceit.

    Possibly worse, she has NEVER promoted a policy that would slow the growth of income inequality, reverse the hideous impacts of mass incarceration or the horrendous suffering inflicted on the U.S. and foreign countries caused by HER drug laws.
    Last edited by Madeline; 26th February 2018 at 01:24 PM.

  7. #57
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    Life is short and unpredictable. If you were born with a privilege or advantage, you would be a fool to give it up.
    I doubt it.
    Thanks from Madeline

  8. #58
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    Which means an even larger proportion of Americans suffer from their own racism.
    Philosophically, we ALL suffer most from our own sins.

    IMO.
    Thanks from BitterPill

  9. #59
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Nice mischaractization! I hold her accountable for her OWN conduct and while yes, that does include covering up her husband's SEXUAL CRIMES, of FAR greater importance to me is the targeted assault made by HER on the poor people of this country, HER warmongering, HER deceit.

    Possibly worse, she has NEVER promoted a policy that would slow the growth of income inequality, reverse the hideous impacts of mass incarceration or the horrendous suffering inflicted on the U.S. and foreign countries caused by HER drug laws.
    What was the platform she ran on? Yeap same as Sanders. He’s been Senator longer than her. What did he actually get done?
    With respect to foreign policy when she was SOS that was the policy of the Democrats. I get it you don’t agree and neither do I. Alas you don’t get everything you want in either party.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    You talking about Nazis?

    They certainly put countless millions of white people to the sword for the 'new noble'.
    Their victims were not white, not to the Nazis.

    What fun to see those old hatreds brought back to life! Thanks AGAIN, Trump supporters.


    *Rolls eyes*

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cultural appropriation
    By Amelia in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 14th March 2017, 12:19 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 16th October 2014, 01:55 PM
  3. Media "sensitivity" regarding AIDS
    By Robert Urbanek in forum Journalism
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd May 2014, 05:12 PM
  4. Cultural genocide
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th May 2013, 12:41 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed