Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88
Thanks Tree52Thanks

Thread: lessons in cultural sensitivity.

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    What was the platform she ran on? Yeap same as Sanders. He’s been Senator longer than her. What did he actually get done?
    With respect to foreign policy when she was SOS that was the policy of the Democrats. I get it you don’t agree and neither do I. Alas you don’t get everything you want in either party.
    Well, here we have it. Sanders' platform was NOT AT ALL like Hillary's.

    You are suggesting that Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan are politically interchangeable.

    You have some irrational need to see Hillary as a force for good when the objective evidence is, she is not.

    Not, not, not.

    You and others like you refused to face reality and agitate for the political goals you claim to want. It's frustrating and a little frightening.

  2. #62
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Their victims were not white, not to the Nazis.

    What fun to see those old hatreds brought back to life! Thanks AGAIN, Trump supporters.


    *Rolls eyes*
    The Nazis killed plenty of white people whether they fit the Nazi racial ideal or not.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Well, here we have it. Sanders' platform was NOT AT ALL like Hillary's.

    You are suggesting that Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan are politically interchangeable.

    You have some irrational need to see Hillary as a force for good when the objective evidence is, she is not.

    Not, not, not.
    Madeline they both signed off on the Democratic platform at the convention. By the time they got to it, they had agreed to take the party in the same direction which was more left leaning then ever. Did Bernie lie? Probably, he did not change to being a Democrat after he lost the primary and is still an Independent. Really he is a socialist like yourself. I’m not a socialist, sorry.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    The Nazis killed plenty of white people whether they fit the Nazi racial ideal or not.
    Uh....of course. I may have spoken badly. I was referring to Jews, Roma and others who belonged to groups the Nazis targeted for extinction.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Madeline they both signed off on the Democratic platform at the convention. By the time they got to it, they had agreed to take the party in the same direction which was more left leaning then ever. Did Bernie lie? Probably, he did not change to being a Democrat after he lost the primary and is still an Independent. Really he is a socialist like yourself. I’m not a socialist, sorry.
    Neither Bernie not I is a socialist. I have not agitated for the nationalization of the means of production.

    I have agitated for restraints on capitalism and broad social security programs, to reverse income inequality.

    Again, it's upsetting that so many intelligent, well-meaning people just can't seem to brain around Hillary.

  6. #66
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,827
    Thanks
    44417

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Neither Bernie not I is a socialist. I have not agitated for the nationalization of the means of production.

    I have agitated for restraints on capitalism and broad social security programs, to reverse income inequality.

    Again, it's upsetting that so many intelligent, well-meaning people just can't brain around Hillary.
    Sanders ran on being a socialist.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Neither Bernie not I is a socialist. I have not agitated for the nationalization of the means of production.

    I have agitated for restraints on capitalism and broad social security programs, to reverse income inequality.

    Again, it's upsetting that so many intelligent, well-meaning people just can't seem to brain around Hillary.
    You don't like the label I get it but your ideology is that of a socialist. Bernie is quite open about his leanings and has been forthright about it. He only ran as a Democrat because he knows damn well the word socialist sends the majority of Americans into bunkers.

    Sanders, 73, has been preaching socialism for nearly half a century, and he cites Eugene Debs, the five-time presidential candidate of the Socialist Party of America, as his hero. But he hasn’t always embraced the label.
    And even though less than half of Americans say they would vote for a socialist for president (47 percent, fewer than would vote for an atheist or a Muslim), Sanders is sticking with it.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...cialism-120265

    “I myself don’t use the word socialism,” he said in 1976 in the Vermont Cynic, a student publication at the University of Vermont, “because people have been brainwashed into thinking socialism automatically means slave-labor camps, dictatorship and lack of freedom of speech.”

    @Madeline (see above) and that above is why I would never support Bernie because while Hillary had at least a reasonable shot at being President and stopping the wreck that is Trump, Sanders didn't stand a chance.
    PS Again feel free to tell me when anybody ever finds evidence to charge Hillary with anything and I'll revist my opinion of her. You have to admit its more than you will ever do because you are stuck on the I hate Hillary train weather there is merit to it or not. You are convinced the woman is a criminal despite years of being investigated and finding ZIPPO.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    Sanders ran on being a socialist.
    No, he embraced the label and ran as a "democratic socialist". I'm not sure any western democracy is a socialist country.

    Socialism is not the name for every mutual aid program run by government. It's a economic system that eliminates almost all private property.

  9. #69
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,806
    Thanks
    32686

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    You don't like the label I get it but your ideology is that of a socialist. Bernie is quite open about his leanings and has been forthright about it. He only ran as a Democrat because he knows damn well the word socialist sends the majority of Americans into bunkers.

    Sanders, 73, has been preaching socialism for nearly half a century, and he cites Eugene Debs, the five-time presidential candidate of the Socialist Party of America, as his hero. But he hasn’t always embraced the label.
    And even though less than half of Americans say they would vote for a socialist for president (47 percent, fewer than would vote for an atheist or a Muslim), Sanders is sticking with it.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...cialism-120265

    “I myself don’t use the word socialism,” he said in 1976 in the Vermont Cynic, a student publication at the University of Vermont, “because people have been brainwashed into thinking socialism automatically means slave-labor camps, dictatorship and lack of freedom of speech.”

    @Madeline (see above) and that above is why I would never support Bernie because while Hillary had at least a reasonable shot at being President and stopping the wreck that is Trump, Sanders didn't stand a chance.
    PS Again feel free to tell me when anybody ever finds evidence to charge Hillary with anything and I'll revist my opinion of her. You have to admit its more than you will ever do because you are stuck on the I hate Hillary train weather there is merit to it or not. You are convinced the woman is a criminal despite years of being investigated and finding ZIPPO.
    Sanders did not have a chance because Hillary stole the nomination. He would have defeated Trump.

    Which isn't really the point. The point is, a polite racist is not a rational second-best choice to a progressive.

    Economic disaster looms on the near horizon, and without major changes that direct more of this nation's wealth towards 99% of us, it will be horrendous and irreversible.

    You like people. It's obvious you care about your fellow man. Please stop voting for people who don't.

  10. #70
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,206
    Thanks
    12700

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    Multiculturalism doesn't work.

    Multiculturalism doesn’t work
    These folks led by AH agreed with you. His apparent "better plan" for the world, failed miserably for himself and his nation. It killed and maimed many millions and destroyed so very much.

    Among other things:

    "According to Nazism, it is an obvious mistake to permit or encourage multilingualism and multiculturalism within a nation. Fundamental to the Nazi goal was the unification of all German-speaking peoples, "unjustly" divided into different Nation States. Hitler claimed that nations that could not defend their territory did not deserve it. Slave races, he thought of as less-worthy to exist than "master races." In particular, if a master race should require room to live (Lebensraum), he thought such a race should have the right to displace the inferior indigenous races. Hitler draws parallels between Lebensraum and the American ethnic cleansing and relocation policies towards the Native Americans, which he saw as key to the success of the US."
    http://www.nazism.net/about/ideological_theory/

    You're welcome to keep pushing your/already tried "ideology"......and see how far it goes and if people are intelligent enough to both read history and learn from it.

    There are only two types of human beings in existence, good humans and evil humans.
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 26th February 2018 at 03:34 PM.
    Thanks from the watchman and Madeline

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cultural appropriation
    By Amelia in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 14th March 2017, 12:19 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 16th October 2014, 01:55 PM
  3. Media "sensitivity" regarding AIDS
    By Robert Urbanek in forum Journalism
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd May 2014, 05:12 PM
  4. Cultural genocide
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th May 2013, 12:41 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed