Members banned from this thread: WisconsinCheeseNip


Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 218 of 218
Thanks Tree84Thanks

Thread: wtf is "identity politics"?

  1. #211
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,300
    Thanks
    3336

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    The Nazis didn't consider Slavs white, but I'll be honest: I don't think you are a Nazi.

    However, the fact you can't see white pride for the racist slogan that it is is problematic. Your refusal to answer my question only adds to my conviction:

    Bumper Stickers - ****** Jokes, Tightrope Records - Tightrope Records--White Power--White Pride--KKK--Ku Klux Klan--Skinhead--Nazi--Shirts - White Pride World Wide vinyl sticker
    I'm not disputing that racist groups (who are generally distasteful people) use white pride as a racist slogan.

    Asian pride, no problem. Black pride, sure. Irish pride is cutting a little close, but still doesn't get quite the heat.

    The funny thing about white supremacy, by virtually every metric that's like pride in the middle of the pack (on most metrics white people, as in European white) are at or slightly above the average amongst the various groups.

    (Oddly, in terms of IQ, it's the Ashkenazi Jewish people that are at the top, but that has to do with the tendency to have the desire of smart people breeding together)

    The point is, all should be equally be pointed out as supremacy. Then again, Japanese people are famously racist, nobody seems to mind.

    You know... as we dig deeper, maybe you were right after all... white pride is not allowed because a phobia of a return of Nazis........ (not like I was looking for an excuse to shout white pride anywhere regardless, it's just one of those I've always wondered)
    Thanks from BitterPill

  2. #212
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I'm not disputing that racist groups (who are generally distasteful people) use white pride as a racist slogan.

    Asian pride, no problem. Black pride, sure. Irish pride is cutting a little close, but still doesn't get quite the heat.

    The funny thing about white supremacy, by virtually every metric that's like pride in the middle of the pack (on most metrics white people, as in European white) are at or slightly above the average amongst the various groups.

    (Oddly, in terms of IQ, it's the Ashkenazi Jewish people that are at the top, but that has to do with the tendency to have the desire of smart people breeding together)

    The point is, all should be equally be pointed out as supremacy. Then again, Japanese people are famously racist, nobody seems to mind.

    You know... as we dig deeper, maybe you were right after all... white pride is not allowed because a phobia of a return of Nazis........ (not like I was looking for an excuse to shout white pride anywhere regardless, it's just one of those I've always wondered)
    It seems you understand that white pride is a racist slogan; that is why I won't use it, abide it. That said, I'm still proud of my British ancestry because the British accomplished many things and, more importantly, survived until now; I'm not so conversant with Croatian accomplishments, but that race also survived until now, and that is quite an accomplishment in its own right.

    About being American: I am proud of the fact and consider myself blessed though I understand we have suffered a chequered past in many regards. The Japanese internment during WW2 comes to mind for some reason, and since you are Canadian, our two failed invasions should be mentioned. Who wouldn't want to invade that, make it their own?

    You guys thwarted us twice, and I consider that worth honourable mention, something to be proud of.

    If there is a Canadian race, and if I were a part of it, I would be proud.
    Last edited by BitterPill; 26th February 2018 at 10:36 PM.

  3. #213
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,900
    Thanks
    44536

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Isn't that a catch-22, if you have pride in your heritage and happened to be white, you're racist. If you're racist then you claim White pride, but don't care.

    Can we hold any other groups to that same standard? Am I allowed to denounce Any black racial group, BLM for example, as racist bigots that should be spat on on-site simply for the race? I would hope not. But that's the standard for white people. Think about that.
    your argument is what's a catch-22. You're refusing to consider the historical context of the term "white pride". Every term, every word, every cultural reference, etc - has a context. You can't ignore that. Then, claim it's unfair that terms are treated differently based on your refusal to consider that context. I've already explained this. Asian Pride, Black Pride, Irish Pride, do not have a racist history. White pride does. It's really just that simple.

  4. #214
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,300
    Thanks
    3336

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    your argument is what's a catch-22. You're refusing to consider the historical context of the term "white pride". Every term, every word, every cultural reference, etc - has a context. You can't ignore that. Then, claim it's unfair that terms are treated differently based on your refusal to consider that context. I've already explained this. Asian Pride, Black Pride, Irish Pride, do not have a racist history. White pride does. It's really just that simple.
    I get it... it's a historical phobia of white people and the genetic memory of Nazism.

    I get it, it's caucophobia.

  5. #215
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,900
    Thanks
    44536

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I get it... it's a historical phobia of white people and the genetic memory of Nazism.

    I get it, it's caucophobia.
    wtf?

  6. #216
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,300
    Thanks
    3336

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    wtf?
    Irrational fear of white people.

  7. #217
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,900
    Thanks
    44536

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Irrational fear of white people.
    by a white majority?
    Stupid argument. It's not about white people. They aren't being oppressed. It's about white supremacist. NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE.

  8. #218
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,300
    Thanks
    3336

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    by a white majority?
    Stupid argument. It's not about white people. They aren't being oppressed. It's about white supremacist. NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE.
    If only you could rid the world of white people then everyone would be happy.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th August 2017, 07:31 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th July 2017, 06:59 PM
  3. Hillary Clinton: "Politics Has to Play Some Role in This"
    By Babba in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13th April 2016, 11:46 AM
  4. "Political identity is fair game for hatred"
    By Dittohead not! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 8th December 2015, 10:41 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th July 2012, 05:12 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed