Members banned from this thread: WisconsinCheeseNip


Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 218
Thanks Tree84Thanks

Thread: wtf is "identity politics"?

  1. #41
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    8

    From
    Where i am
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    When people make political decisions, they are supposed to do what's best for everyone. Identity politics is when people favor policies only because they benefit THEIR particular group.
    If you define "their" group as political (as opposed to racial) you just defined partisanship.

  2. #42
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanks
    2595

    From
    ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Am I wrong about you?

    Churchill died a long time ago, what's your "excuse" for the here and now, young person?

    Oh... and I forgot the crucible point from your "What do I do for a hangover?" thread: Tomato...

    Have the worst hangover in the world... then take two bites of a tomato, (Salsa, menudo as suggested) and in less than 5 minutes you will feel fine, more than fine...

    I was actually worried about you, even though I feel you set "fuck-weasel" threads and are a poster child of the "MEEEEEE" generation.

    Thx
    Wrong that I'm a lush? I'm way more of a pothead than a drunk. My thing is binge drinking, I don't think I've drank more than two days in a row in my life.

    But whatever, who the fuck cares? Churchill was wrong, you are wrong for agreeing with him, and that is pretty much that.

    But thx for the tomato advice. I'll try to remember that next time.

  3. #43
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanks
    2595

    From
    ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    "Science" is what you want!



    And finish your degree your parents paid for!

    Thx
    Finished my degree, thx for the advice though.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,802
    Thanks
    14810

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Oh shit, now Churchill was crap because he drank. Fuck me, this site is really quite entertaining.
    Yeah but at least he was a happy drunk. Not sure if it’s true, but one of the funniest Churchill quotes I’ve heard was when a lady told him “You sir, are drunk!”. To which Winston replied “Yes I am. But in the morning I will be sober whereas you will still be ugly”.
    Thanks from Friday13, Thx1138 and Hollywood

  5. #45
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,085
    Thanks
    2595

    From
    ohio
    @the watchman if you didn't understand my post you surely won't understand this but here is the problem with identity politics in a nutshell:

    "The problem with the fractionation by group identity is that it's endless. There's no way of ensuring equality across groups because there is an infinite number of groups. You can fragment group identity all the way down to the level of the individual. Which is exactly what you should do."
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence and Sassy

  6. #46
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,720
    Thanks
    13785

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post
    Finished my degree, thx for the advice though.
    And didn't actually learn a fucking thing_ don't thank me numb nuts, don't make me the excuse for your stupid.

    Thx
    Last edited by Thx1138; 20th February 2018 at 01:10 AM.

  7. #47
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,720
    Thanks
    13785

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post
    Wrong that I'm a lush? I'm way more of a pothead than a drunk. My thing is binge drinking, I don't think I've drank more than two days in a row in my life.

    But whatever, who the fuck cares? Churchill was wrong, you are wrong for agreeing with him, and that is pretty much that.

    But thx for the tomato advice. I'll try to remember that next time.
    Hey, YOU were the one with the hangover so bad you had to ask the forum...

    Callow youth, what a bit of bother.

    Thx

  8. #48
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,720
    Thanks
    13785

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post
    Finished my degree, thx for the advice though.
    Glad it got your goat, pay attention on your next "degree," maybe it will actually seem like you learned something.

    You're a young person trying to fit in, but it's not working, is it?

    Thx
    Last edited by Thx1138; 20th February 2018 at 01:15 AM.

  9. #49
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,828
    Thanks
    9421

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    And didn't actually learn a fucking thing_ don't thank me numb nuts, don't make me the excuse for your stupid.

    Thx
    WOW, really out of character for you.

    I mean....I do that all the time, but you're better than me.

  10. #50
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,828
    Thanks
    9421

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Most groups of people I know, joined the group in order to be part of something bigger than themselves. Often, they face actual hostility from other groups and that is very real. Unfortunately, they endure the slings of their own quiver as well.

    If people stopped creating their own enemies, we would neither need groups, nor would we encourage grouping.

    /ducks.....


    * No one evah want's me on their side.

    ** I would nevah join any group opprobrious enough to want me as a member.
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 20th February 2018 at 03:19 AM.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th August 2017, 07:31 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th July 2017, 06:59 PM
  3. Hillary Clinton: "Politics Has to Play Some Role in This"
    By Babba in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 13th April 2016, 11:46 AM
  4. "Political identity is fair game for hatred"
    By Dittohead not! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 8th December 2015, 10:41 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th July 2012, 05:12 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed