Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: ....Fascinating

  1. #1
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,210
    Thanks
    6562

    From
    In a van, down by the river

    ....Fascinating

    Thanks from Bourne, Ian Jeffrey, Amelia and 2 others

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bourne's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,515
    Thanks
    4595

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Personally, I firmly believe that given the vastness of the universe there is likely what we define as life in many forms. And yes, Earth has been visited.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    Thanks from cable2

  3. #3
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,794
    Thanks
    3596

    From
    East coast USA
    dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind.
    I believe life, all life formed from particles from space. Just as the sun and earth and every thing else in the universe.
    Dinosuars reigned 365 million.
    Humans 100,000 ?
    5 humanoids walked out of Africa, Neanderthal came before us, same as other 3 and died out possibly by climate change. Common man perhaps dispersed much more widely and so luckily all did not perish.
    Writing developed as accounting for goods in two separate locations differing little in time.
    Middle East and China
    Do aliens exist, intelligent ones ? Good question. Are the still alive - doubtful. Perhaps they reigned 20 million years ago on their own planet till catastrophe.

  4. #4
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40,844
    Thanks
    22509

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    Ouch
    Thanks from boontito

  5. #5
    Done "clowning" around Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12,827
    Thanks
    5559

    From
    Es reconocido en buena parte del mundo y casi siempre se lo asocia al talento y la creatividad.
    I seriously doubt that earth has ever been visited. Interstellar travel is far too problematic. I do agree that intelligent life must be very common. Even close by.

  6. #6
    Done "clowning" around Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12,827
    Thanks
    5559

    From
    Es reconocido en buena parte del mundo y casi siempre se lo asocia al talento y la creatividad.
    I disagree with the link provided, no matter how much knowledge a civilization might acquire, the trip itself would be, basically, a suicide mission. Thus, it would provide those who funded the journey, with no useful information.

  7. #7
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,210
    Thanks
    6562

    From
    In a van, down by the river
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I disagree with the link provided, no matter how much knowledge a civilization might acquire, the trip itself would be, basically, a suicide mission. Thus, it would provide those who funded the journey, with no useful information.
    You're thinking by human standards, though. Consider this...if you could go back and talk to someone who lived 500 years ago, and described the technology that we currently have, they would not be able to comprehend what you were describing. A similar situation could be possible with life on other planets. Other life forms could have abilities we can't possibly understand.

  8. #8
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    76,861
    Thanks
    19174

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    You're thinking by human standards, though. Consider this...if you could go back and talk to someone who lived 500 years ago, and described the technology that we currently have, they would not be able to comprehend what you were describing. A similar situation could be possible with life on other planets. Other life forms could have abilities we can't possibly understand.
    "We have this amazing worldwide network to share information. We mostly use it for cat pictures and porn."
    Thanks from knight and Puzzling Evidence

  9. #9
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,210
    Thanks
    6562

    From
    In a van, down by the river
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    "We have this amazing worldwide network to share information. We mostly use it for cat pictures and porn."
    Absolutely....

  10. #10
    Done "clowning" around Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    12,827
    Thanks
    5559

    From
    Es reconocido en buena parte del mundo y casi siempre se lo asocia al talento y la creatividad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    "We have this amazing worldwide network to share information. We mostly use it for cat pictures and porn."
    ... And?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Here's What I Find Fascinating.........
    By Hollywood in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 26th August 2014, 05:15 PM
  2. Macabre yet fascinating
    By The Man in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16th February 2014, 01:59 AM
  3. Ron Paul, possible VP candidate? FASCINATING....
    By bonncaruso in forum Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st June 2012, 12:11 AM
  4. this is Fascinating ...a first for America
    By Mankato in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th December 2007, 07:20 AM
  5. Fascinating the silence on Lebanon
    By Truth Detector in forum World Politics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 18th June 2007, 10:32 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed