Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 198
Thanks Tree108Thanks

Thread: World Shatters Heat Records in 2016

  1. #61
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,221
    Thanks
    3397

    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Have you considered that the way you want your questions answered is not based on scientific method? Who are you to demand the world's scientists conform to your non-scientific methods?
    I am not challenging their research methods. I am challenging their handlers who are the advocates and sales executives for the movement. I have seen scientific people, small time, not high visibility types present on the topic of natural variability and how difficult it is to pin down and attribute AGW versus the natural curve. You can tell the handlers are ignoring this complexity because it diminishes their sale pitch. That's the same reason why the IPCC reports start with doom and gloom.

  2. #62
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,741
    Thanks
    40346

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    I am not challenging their research methods. I am challenging their handlers who are the advocates and sales executives for the movement. I have seen scientific people, small time, not high visibility types present on the topic of natural variability and how difficult it is to pin down and attribute AGW versus the natural curve. You can tell the handlers are ignoring this complexity because it diminishes their sale pitch. That's the same reason why the IPCC reports start with doom and gloom.
    Give it up, man. They have most certainly addressed natural variability, repeatedly. You just ignore them.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and tnbskts

  3. #63
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,221
    Thanks
    3397

    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Excellent graph that shows the correlation between CO2 in the atmosphere and the temperature. So according the the sine wave type rhythm you mentioned, we should be beginning a cooling phase, not warming. Of course, to know what's going on now, you'd need to zoom in quite a bit more. Your "LITTLE ICE AGE" doesn't even show up on that graph because it's effect on the is too small. Because it wasn't really an ice age. The Thames river froze a few times over a 400 year period. Glaciers never covered the continent. The average temperature of the earth barely changed, because it wasn't a REAL ICE AGE.
    Now we are getting somewhere. I agree that we are either approaching the top of the warming cycle or are going to start the cooling cycle sometime in the next couple of thousand years. To me, pinning that stuff down is basic and very important. That's the context for everything else. If you accept that the foundational challenge is pinning down that natural cycle, there should be peer reviewed studies that show that cycle and have a great big YOU ARE HERE arrow for the public to see so they know what is happening.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,221
    Thanks
    3397

    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Give it up, man. They have most certainly addressed natural variability, repeatedly. You just ignore them.
    It's on page 17, right after they have tried to scare the crap out of everybody with the OP's headline. If you think it is so settled, show your best "prepared for public consumption" presentation on the natural cycle. 99% of what you will find is advocacy pieces that cover it up or things so complicated, the public can't access it. Give it up, Babba. You LIKE the fact that the medicine man wears special outfits and does dances that scare all the regular members of the Tribe. That's the way the deference to authority jive works.

    Guess what? The government works for us and should be devoted to both science and helping to explain it.

    https://simpleclimate.wordpress.com/...e-explanation/

    See if you can find a consensus. What do people put first?

    Every day humans burn large amounts of fossil fuels like coal, gas and oil to produce energy and goods. These fossil fuels contain carbon atoms which are converted to carbon dioxide (CO2) during combustion. This CO2 is released to the atmosphere where it acts as a ‘greenhouse’ gas: CO2 traps outgoing radiation and leads to a warming of the atmosphere.
    The Earth is habitable because of a natural greenhouse effect brought about mainly by water vapor (60%) and carbon dioxide (26%).
    Climate has changed through earth’s history, regulated naturally by a combination of orbital forces that determine how much sun hits the earth as well as the total concentration of different natural gases in the atmosphere. These natural processes are still occurring today
    First, greenhouse gases – primarily CO2 – in the atmosphere increase temperature at the Earth’s surface and, second, it is well documented that atmospheric CO2 concentration is rising at a fairly high rate and has been rising for the past couple of centuries. From this it follows that the Earth’s temperature has to rise
    The earth has a natural greenhouse effect. Certain atmospheric gases tend to trap energy emitted by the Earth’s surface, warming the atmosphere which then radiates heat back down to the surface. What we are doing by adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere is making the greenhouse effect stronger – adding on to the natural greenhouse effect.
    The basic cause underlying the human-caused climate change that we’re experiencing is that we’re pumping carbon dioxide that’s been buried as fossil fuels in the ground for millions of years into the atmosphere. We’re increasing the atmosphere’s ability to absorb heat and reflect it back to the Earth’s surface.
    Last edited by kmiller1610; 11th January 2017 at 05:40 AM.

  5. #65
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,288
    Thanks
    16901

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere. I agree that we are either approaching the top of the warming cycle or are going to start the cooling cycle sometime in the next couple of thousand years. To me, pinning that stuff down is basic and very important. That's the context for everything else. If you accept that the foundational challenge is pinning down that natural cycle, there should be peer reviewed studies that show that cycle and have a great big YOU ARE HERE arrow for the public to see so they know what is happening.
    I am STILL awaiting your explanation, @kmiller1610, as to WHY the stratosphere is cooling while the troposphere continues to warm. As I have told you REPEATEDLY, that is one of the SIGNALS of anthropogenic climate change that was PREDICTED very early on by the computer models and has most definitely been observed.

    As I have ALSO told you, umpteen times, YOU DON'T GET TO SIMPLY IGNORE THIS FACT BECAUSE YOU FIND IT 'INCONVENIENT'. JUST NOT HOW SCIENCE WORKS, BUDDY.

    To date, not a SINGLE skeptic of AGW has been able to provide ANY explanation for this BLATANT FACT OF THE WORLD.

    I shall continue to HECTOR you until you address this issue. You continually evade it.

  6. #66
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,197
    Thanks
    2128

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere. I agree that we are either approaching the top of the warming cycle or are going to start the cooling cycle sometime in the next couple of thousand years. To me, pinning that stuff down is basic and very important. That's the context for everything else. If you accept that the foundational challenge is pinning down that natural cycle, there should be peer reviewed studies that show that cycle and have a great big YOU ARE HERE arrow for the public to see so they know what is happening.
    What warming cycle? All the data shows you to be wrong.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,221
    Thanks
    3397

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    I am STILL awaiting your explanation, @kmiller1610, as to WHY the stratosphere is cooling while the troposphere continues to warm. As I have told you REPEATEDLY, that is one of the SIGNALS of anthropogenic climate change that was PREDICTED very early on by the computer models and has most definitely been observed.

    As I have ALSO told you, umpteen times, YOU DON'T GET TO SIMPLY IGNORE THIS FACT BECAUSE YOU FIND IT 'INCONVENIENT'. JUST NOT HOW SCIENCE WORKS, BUDDY.

    To date, not a SINGLE skeptic of AGW has been able to provide ANY explanation for this BLATANT FACT OF THE WORLD.

    I shall continue to HECTOR you until you address this issue. You continually evade it.
    I'm not going to answer your questions if you are not going address my observations. I am not a climate scientist, but a student of motivational patterns. The messaging for the climate change industry is being managed by propaganda experts. I know propaganda when I see it.

    A didactic presentation that is aimed at informing the public should begin with the natural cycle. Tell me what is wrong with that? From the above link:

    The earth has a natural greenhouse effect. Certain atmospheric gases tend to trap energy emitted by the Earth’s surface, warming the atmosphere which then radiates heat back down to the surface. What we are doing by adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere is making the greenhouse effect stronger – adding on to the natural greenhouse effect.
    So the next question is totally obvious. How much of the greenhouse effect is natural and how much is it being modified by adding more Co2 to the atmosphere?

    The propaganda expert knows that complication reduces the effect of the propaganda, so they start with the danger, which leads us back to the OP headline.
    Last edited by kmiller1610; 12th January 2017 at 12:30 AM.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,221
    Thanks
    3397

    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    What warming cycle? All the data shows you to be wrong.
    Wrong about what?

  9. #69
    New Member zaangalewa's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    610
    Thanks
    101

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    how long have they been keeping the records. 150 years..

    150 out of 4,000,000,000 +
    We know industrialization - in this context: the waste of energy and the poisoning of the Earth - have effects in global warming. Nothing in the last 4 billion years was comparable with this situation. Specially the speed of all this changes is unbelievable high. As far as I can see the human race is in the moment not doing anything what's sensefull for an efficient protection of a high diversity and quality of all life on our planet. It looks like we decided to be intentionally the murderers of this planet. We are not even able to produce a good worst case scenario for the existential crisis our planet has to overcome with our help. If no one likes to help our planet ... ??? ... then I would say the answer of mother nature will be very clear.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 12th January 2017 at 02:19 AM.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    25,534
    Thanks
    6757

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    We know industrialization - in this context: the waste of energy and the poisoning of the Earth - have effects in global warming. Nothing in the last 4 billion years was comparable with this situation. Specially the speed of all this changes is unbelievable high. As far as I can see the human race is in the moment not doing anything what's sensefull for an efficient protection of a high diversity and quality of all life on our planet. It looks like we decided to be intentionally the murderers of this planet. We are not even able to produce a good worst case scenario for the existential crisis our planet has to overcome with our help. If no one likes to help our planet ... ??? ... then I would say the answer of mother nature will be very clear.

    only 2.7% of all green house gasses are man made.. the other 97% is NATURAL

    So no man has very little effect on Global warming.

    Global Warming: A closer look at the numbers
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump shatters GOP records with small donors
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th September 2016, 01:38 PM
  2. Why the World Will End Surely on 29 July 2016 ? Shocking Facts
    By DemoWhip in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st August 2016, 11:37 AM
  3. Will 2016 be the year the Muslim world makes contact?
    By sam I am in forum World Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 2016, 03:31 PM
  4. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 17th February 2013, 10:07 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th February 2013, 05:12 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed