Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: Climate change is ‘not as bad as we thought’ say scientists

  1. #51
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,911
    Thanks
    4498

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Sad, when the "too obtuse" coterie includes an entire political party brainwashed by their owners.
    Yes the democrats are brainwashed to believe the lies and data manipulation of global warming

  2. #52
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,587
    Thanks
    213

    From
    Germany
    Sure the waste of energy (= the senseless emission of carbon dioxide) is wonderful", says a wormy scientist of the Venus. "We don't need an intelligent use of energy. Waste energy whenever you can."

    -----
    Venus is a terrestrial planet and is sometimes called Earth's "sister planet" because of their similar size, mass, proximity to the Sun, and bulk composition. It is radically different from Earth in other respects. It has the densest atmosphere of the four terrestrial planets, consisting of more than 96% carbon dioxide. The atmospheric pressure at the planet's surface is 92 times that of Earth, or roughly the pressure found 900 m (3,000 ft) underwater on Earth. Venus is by far the hottest planet in the Solar System, with a mean surface temperature of 735 K (462 °C; 863 °F), even though Mercury is closer to the Sun. Venus is shrouded by an opaque layer of highly reflective clouds of sulfuric acid, preventing its surface from being seen from space in visible light. It may have had water oceans in the past,[16][17] but these would have vaporized as the temperature rose due to a runaway greenhouse effect.[18] The water has probably photodissociated, and the free hydrogen has been swept into interplanetary space by the solar wind because of the lack of a planetary magnetic field.[19] Venus's surface is a dry desertscape interspersed with slab-like rocks and is periodically resurfaced by volcanism.
    -----
    Last edited by zaangalewa; 29th April 2018 at 01:23 AM.

  3. #53
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,587
    Thanks
    213

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    I think scientists shot themselves in the foot when they came up with the term "climate change" to describe catastrophic developments in the most benign manner possible. They should have coined something like "climate crisis" or "climate chaos." Choosing "climate change" is like calling the attack on Pearl Harbor "naval change."
    The "naval change" was to move the home port of your pacific fleet from San Diego (defensive) to Pearl Harbor (offensive) and to do the same time nothing to protect this fleet.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 29th April 2018 at 01:51 AM.

  4. #54
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    22,586
    Thanks
    9992

    From
    In before the DERP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    The "naval change" was to move the home port of your pacific fleet from San Diego (defensive) to Pearl Harbor (offensive) and to do the same time nothing to protect this fleet.
    Hawaii is one of our states -- it's part of America. Are you suggesting that we had no right to have a naval base in our own country?

    Too bad that Japan thought that an unprovoked attack upon our country was a good idea. It was a dumb idea to drag us into a war that we didn't want to be in. They got their asses kicked. Sucked to be them.


    *I post videos on FB and almost NO ONE ever "likes" them. Unless you are dating someone, it's unlikely that they are going to watch your video. Just sayin.
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  5. #55
    ♥ 2 A&D 4 my new avi! MeBelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,985
    Thanks
    3485

    From
    San Fran


    Anyone wonder why they MUST stomp on the first amendment and NOT allow free speech?

  6. #56
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,346
    Thanks
    32011

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yes the democrats are brainwashed to believe the lies and data manipulation of global warming
    Is the U.S. military also brain-washed?

    See the link in post #49.

  7. #57
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,911
    Thanks
    4498

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Is the U.S. military also brain-washed?

    See the link in post #49.
    They are using the same bad models

  8. #58
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,346
    Thanks
    32011

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They are using the same bad models
    ^^^^^ This guy thinks the U.S. military, the Pentagon, and the Defense Department are all brain-washed! ^^^^^^

  9. #59
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    42,622
    Thanks
    45070

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    ^^^^^ This guy thinks the U.S. military, the Pentagon, and the Defense Department are all brain-washed! ^^^^^^
    Also NASA and the National Academy of Science..only the Koch Brothers know the real truth and their brain dead disciples.....

  10. #60
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    36,346
    Thanks
    32011

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by zaangalewa View Post
    Sure the waste of energy (= the senseless emission of carbon dioxide) is wonderful", says a wormy scientist of the Venus. "We don't need an intelligent use of energy. Waste energy whenever you can."

    -----
    Venus is a terrestrial planet and is sometimes called Earth's "sister planet" because of their similar size, mass, proximity to the Sun, and bulk composition. It is radically different from Earth in other respects. It has the densest atmosphere of the four terrestrial planets, consisting of more than 96% carbon dioxide. The atmospheric pressure at the planet's surface is 92 times that of Earth, or roughly the pressure found 900 m (3,000 ft) underwater on Earth. Venus is by far the hottest planet in the Solar System, with a mean surface temperature of 735 K (462 °C; 863 °F), even though Mercury is closer to the Sun. Venus is shrouded by an opaque layer of highly reflective clouds of sulfuric acid, preventing its surface from being seen from space in visible light. It may have had water oceans in the past,[16][17] but these would have vaporized as the temperature rose due to a runaway greenhouse effect.[18] The water has probably photodissociated, and the free hydrogen has been swept into interplanetary space by the solar wind because of the lack of a planetary magnetic field.[19] Venus's surface is a dry desertscape interspersed with slab-like rocks and is periodically resurfaced by volcanism.
    -----
    The planet Venus is a hellish place, but Venus by The Shocking Blue is a helluva rock song. I would've been 14 when that song came out. I dug it.

    The surface of Venus is no place to look for life. But the atmosphere of Venus is a different matter. There is a level of the Venusian atmosphere, some 20 to 50 miles above the surface, that might be quite congenial to bacteria of certain types. And NASA is thinking about ways to go look for that kind of life, with missions involving balloons roaming around in the Venusian atmosphere, for example.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 23rd January 2018, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st June 2015, 09:21 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 27th February 2014, 03:27 PM
  4. Scientists: Pace of Climate Change Exceeds Estimates
    By bluesman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 17th February 2009, 05:15 AM
  5. Scientists doubt climate change
    By Freedom for All in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 7th January 2008, 06:14 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed