Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 94
Thanks Tree78Thanks

Thread: Planned Parenthood Is Anti-Human & Anti-Woman

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28154

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Since the "Dawn of Time"....women have DIED due to botched abortions, some self-induced out of desperation.

    What's your answer to that? Go back to the "good ol' days"???
    There is no comparison between the risk from a early abortion and the risk of childbirth.

    The tragedies you speak of occurred because most American women lost the ability to seek care from experienced midwives.

    Among other reasons.

    Women and girls always suffer when the Puritanical streak gets to barking in American politics.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22625

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Yes, because abortion was politicized and the network of midwives destroyed.
    Abortion was "politicized" when you had States that outlawed it. Roe eliminated the politics...turned it into a right.


    It's used as a political ISSUE....but the fact is, that even Republican politicians don't REALLY want to see Roe overturned, since the majority of the country want Roe left intact and if it was overturned? REPUBLICANS would get blamed for it.
    Thanks from Madeline

  3. #23
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,660
    Thanks
    23334

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Yes, because abortion was politicized and the network of midwives destroyed.
    The ACA has also taken several positions to minimalize them. I have nothing but midwives my entire life but they are no longer covered for wellness exams under the ACA.

    Midwives and Medicare after Health Care Reform
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28154

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Madeline....there is NO candidate running for President this year who is anti-Planned Parenthood.

    Even the "pro-life Right"....have no candidate-

    "Millions of millions of women -- cervical cancer, breast cancer -- are helped by Planned Parenthood," Trump said on the CNN debate stage in Houston.

    Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood at Republican debate - CNNPolitics.com
    Trump is. As best as anyone can tell.

    I remind all y'all that a SCOTUS justice is entirely independent once she assumes the position. Roe v. Wade is possibly the worst reasoned SCOTUS decision ever, and the science is different now than in 1973.

    IOW, even if we had elected Bernie, Roe is still vulnerable to revision.

    What is NOT vulnerable is the female's natural right to abort.

    Stop treating abortion rights like a battle flag. It is silly.
    Last edited by Madeline; 27th October 2016 at 09:23 AM.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,504
    Thanks
    31731

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Yes, because abortion was politicized and the network of midwives destroyed.
    And yet the "network of midwives" is being revived. Nothing stops women from seeing a midwife to assist in the birth of a child at home, if that's what she wants. Abortion is MORE highly regulated than childbirth. You really want us to believe that's because of evil abortion providers? We see in the recent Texas case it's more likely that regulations of abortion are the result of efforts to curb its legal availability. Just try suggesting that we regulate abortion LESS. Macduff (and others) will immediately point to the horrid case of the doctor in Pennsylvania, who wasn't complying with the regulations that DID exist, as proof we need MORE regulation of abortion safety. But--as your argument appears to show--it's not about safety and never was.

    You appear to be saying that PP is like a drug dealer who wants to keep drugs illegal--because performing an illegal service is where the profit lies. I find that kind of argument hard to swallow because PP is a non-profit.
    Thanks from Madeline

  6. #26
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28154

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    The ACA has also taken several positions to minimalize them. I have nothing but midwives my entire life but they are no longer covered for wellness exams under the ACA.

    Midwives and Medicare after Health Care Reform
    The AMA hates midwives.

    Lots of gold in American wombs, and they want every last dime.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,504
    Thanks
    31731

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post

    What is NOT vulnerable is the female's natural right to abort.
    It's not? Really? Not vulnerable at all? Could have fooled all those legislators in Texas (and at least a dozen other states) who have been trying to nibble at at the edges of abortion rights for 40 years.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,504
    Thanks
    31731

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    The AMA hates midwives.

    Lots of gold in American wombs, and they want every last dime.
    With this I can agree. Still, the fact that my wife had to have an emergency C-section to deliver our first baby--head wouldn't fit through the bones of her pelvis and she was born with a big bruise on her forehead from banging up against it repeatedly--gives me pause.
    Thanks from Madeline and Panzareta

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    47,237
    Thanks
    28154

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    And yet the "network of midwives" is being revived. Nothing stops women from seeing a midwife to assist in the birth of a child at home, if that's what she wants. Abortion is MORE highly regulated than childbirth. You really want us to believe that's because of evil abortion providers? We see in the recent Texas case it's more likely that regulations of abortion are the result of efforts to curb its legal availability. Just try suggesting that we regulate abortion LESS. Macduff (and others) will immediately point to the horrid case of the doctor in Pennsylvania, who wasn't complying with the regulations that DID exist, as proof we need MORE regulation of abortion safety. But--as your argument appears to show--it's not about safety and never was.

    You appear to be saying that PP is like a drug dealer who wants to keep drugs illegal--because performing an illegal service is where the profit lies. I find that kind of argument hard to swallow because PP is a non-profit.
    No.....it is natural for anyone in power to want to remain there.

    PP is venial, but not malevolent. It fought successfully for the right to abortion on demand, and as that fight draws to a close, must be reinvented or be shuttered.

    But that doesn't make the PP people horrible human beings.

  10. #30
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40,293
    Thanks
    24991

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Yes, because abortion was politicized and the network of midwives destroyed.
    How was the network of midwives "destroyed?" There aren't as many available today, because there's not as much demand for them. You might as well accuse grocers of destroying the network of milkmen.
    Thanks from Madeline

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Abortion freak shoots up CO Planned Parenthood Clinic, numerous injured
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 28th November 2015, 06:40 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st October 2015, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 31st July 2015, 12:12 PM
  4. actually many repubs are not anti-human assholes
    By yuri zhivago in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th June 2013, 05:39 PM
  5. DEL TP candidate: Condoms are 'anti-human' and don't prevent AIDS
    By Rasselas in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th September 2010, 05:43 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed