Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
Thanks Tree60Thanks

Thread: The Adult Female Prostitute & Child Sex Trafficking

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    We don't need open borders. You support someone who abuses women and boasts about it. ...
    We have open borders and cannot do otherwise. The US has 100,000 miles of coastline.

    We have no earthly way to close that much beachfront.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    It's all Barrack Obama's fault. We've had open borders for pretty much our entire history spanning more than 230 years, but it's about Obama. There was an 8-year break in there when Bush was in office when things were great, but then it was Clinton, and he ruined everything, too. Fucking asshole sex slave sonofabitch.

    The problem with America is we're being overrun by idiots who can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.
    SOME people would blame the Fall of the Roman Empire on Obama.

    That man has amazing superhuman powers, apparently.
    Thanks from Isalexi, Friday13 and BigLeRoy

  3. #23
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6658

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    I don't think "trafficked" necessarily means "brought across international borders". I think you can be trafficked in your home town.

    But I could be wrong.......
    Unfortunately you are wrong because that's exactly what that means.

    There are Sex Slaves All Over the U.S. Right Now. | TIME.com

    .....According to the complaint filed in court against the New York traffickers, in a typical day a Mexican sex trafficking victim in New York has to service 20 to 30 customers. Since these women are not willing participants, that’s 20 to 30 rapes. A day. The victims may not have been held for 10 years, but they were treated worse. Eventually, Ramos let the 15 year old girl go (her name has not been released), not out of the kindness of his heart but because each girl only has a certain sexual shelf-life. Once discarded, she had very few options. Luckily she found her way to the police....
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Unfortunately you are wrong because that's exactly what that means.

    There are Sex Slaves All Over the U.S. Right Now. | TIME.com

    .....According to the complaint filed in court against the New York traffickers, in a typical day a Mexican sex trafficking victim in New York has to service 20 to 30 customers. Since these women are not willing participants, that’s 20 to 30 rapes. A day. The victims may not have been held for 10 years, but they were treated worse. Eventually, Ramos let the 15 year old girl go (her name has not been released), not out of the kindness of his heart but because each girl only has a certain sexual shelf-life. Once discarded, she had very few options. Luckily she found her way to the police....
    Okay...but we have had children collected here in Cleveland by the police who evidentially were from Cleveland, or no further away than Toledo. I thought "trafficked" meant "compelled to be a sex worker", period.

    OTOH, if that's a federal crime then crossing at least state boundaries would make sense as to why the FBI has jurisdiction to begin with. But they can investigate any kidnapping, regardless.....so I am still confused.....

    God, the facts of these crimes are almost unbearable to read, Dutch.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Hypothetical for you guys.

    Susan is a sex worker. However, she is also a battered wife and her husband is her pimp.

    Susan is a full-blown heroin addict, and her husband is her supplier.

    Susan is college educated, middle class and 35 years old.

    Is Susan trafficked, IYO?
    Well? Is this lady trafficked?

    Certainly seems to me some sort of crime is occurring and she's the victim of it. If not trafficking, then what?

  6. #26
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    Thanks
    359

    From
    california
    Legalize gambling, drugs and now prostitution to solve trafficking problems? If prostitution is legalized then the age of consent will be argued and no doubt lowered. Government bureaucracy managing it too I suppose, what could possibly go wrong.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGuy View Post
    Legalize gambling, drugs and now prostitution to solve trafficking problems? If prostitution is legalized then the age of consent will be argued and no doubt lowered. Government bureaucracy managing it too I suppose, what could possibly go wrong.
    Trafficking victims are not actually prostitutes.

  8. #28
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    Thanks
    359

    From
    california
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Trafficking victims are not actually prostitutes.
    Because prostitutes are not victims? Far be it from me to suggest prostitution is wrong but if they don't want to be prostitutes and are trafficking victims then it's different and wrong. Because it's not what you do, just what you want to do that makes the difference?
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #29
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,003
    Thanks
    29569

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGuy View Post
    Because prostitutes are not victims? Far be it from me to suggest prostitution is wrong but if they don't want to be prostitutes and are trafficking victims then it's different and wrong. Because it's not what you do, just what you want to do that makes the difference?
    Yup. Consent must be knowing and voluntary. This is a nuance the FBI is 100% incapable of perceiving.

  10. #30
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,379
    Thanks
    21303

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sometimes celebrities take up a really good cause.

    Ashton Kutcher passionately testifies on his anti-sex trafficking efforts - CNNPolitics.com

    I've never really been a fan of him but I respect this.
    Thanks from The Man and Rorschach

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29th July 2016, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25th July 2016, 01:19 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 5th June 2015, 01:40 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd June 2015, 02:56 AM
  5. Child heroism vs. adult incompetence
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th November 2012, 02:48 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed