Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 105
Thanks Tree89Thanks

Thread: How old were you when you knew?

  1. #1
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    42,467
    Thanks
    23926

    From
    Wisconsin

    How old were you when you knew?

    How old were you when you knew you were gay, straight, bi, fluid, asexual, none-of-the-above, whatever you consider your sexuality to be?


    I remember the night and the location -- but not the exact year -- so I can only narrow it down to my early to mid-20's.
    Thanks from Snikitz

  2. #2
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38,040
    Thanks
    14859

    From
    God Bless Texas
    I never had to think about it.
    Thanks from Hollywood, labrea, Bourne and 7 others

  3. #3
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,841
    Thanks
    3624

    From
    East coast USA
    Not that I thought about it, neighbors dad had stack of Playboy magazines in downstairs bath. Two stacks from floor to ceiling. I enjoyed what looked at. First gay experiance, I was at mall perusing records, a man looked at me across from other isle and did a heads up, me just saying silent hello. When I left, I noticed man following me through mall. I walked right up security guard ( whom I knew from getting into trouble there ) and told him man was following. He asked which direction I was walking, I told towards Woodward and lothrup and he laughed. He said Woodies had a notorious gay bathroom where gays had sex, and the man thinks you are leading him there.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Madeline

  4. #4
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,550
    Thanks
    9210

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    How old were you when you knew you were gay, straight, bi, fluid, asexual, none-of-the-above, whatever you consider your sexuality to be?


    I remember the night and the location -- but not the exact year -- so I can only narrow it down to my early to mid-20's.
    4th grade.

    I remember the exact day and moment. Some girl turned to me in class and pointed to one of her spots and I am like, "OK that is turning me on."

    Forget her name. After that I kept fixating on Mrs. Hall my math teacher who was beyond gorgeous.

  5. #5
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,547
    Thanks
    7761

    From
    USA
    Never really thought about it...maybe the 8th grade dance when my favorite crush asked me to dance. I had never even met a gay person until I started college.
    Thanks from Madeline

  6. #6
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,550
    Thanks
    9210

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    Never really thought about it...maybe the 8th grade dance when my favorite crush asked me to dance. I had never even met a gay person until I started college.
    Me either.

    Back then though they were kind of in the closet which is a shame, not like most of us care. I may be against gay marriage but that's just political, if you want to be gay then its none of my business.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Canada - Geography game Champion, Geography Champion mtm1963's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,426
    Thanks
    5256

    From
    Tennessee
    don't know!

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6657

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    I'm of the opinion that depends upon the circumstances and culture involved. "Some" feel it's an activity people engage in, not necessarily an identity.


    Many prison inmates are 'gay for*the stay' | The Independent

    Consensual, same-sex prisoner relationships are common among both male and female inmates. It’s not a reflection of their sexuality, but more out of pragmatism and as a counterbalance to loneliness. The expression is “gay for the stay”............

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,187
    Thanks
    19583

    From
    Maryland
    I do this with my students. I asked them what attracts them to someone. It's usually undefinable. You cannot choose who you are turned on by. I may be turned on by George Clooney but that doesn't mean he'll be turned on by me. Oh, he probably would
    Thanks from cable2, Madeline, EnigmaO01 and 1 others

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,187
    Thanks
    19583

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm of the opinion that depends upon the circumstances and culture involved. "Some" feel it's an activity people engage in, not necessarily an identity.


    Many prison inmates are 'gay for*the stay' | The Independent

    Consensual, same-sex prisoner relationships are common among both male and female inmates. It’s not a reflection of their sexuality, but more out of pragmatism and as a counterbalance to loneliness. The expression is “gay for the stay”............
    In prison it's about sex and nothing more. A lot of people get off with their hand but it doesn't mean that they want to marry their hands
    Thanks from cable2

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. how much of the following you actually knew about?
    By yuri zhivago in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27th March 2014, 05:08 PM
  2. The FBI Knew All Along
    By MaryAnne in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 4th August 2013, 10:19 PM
  3. Who knew....
    By Raoul_Duke in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 15th June 2013, 01:42 PM
  4. They knew!
    By sparty in forum Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 28th September 2012, 03:34 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed