Members banned from this thread: Madeline


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Sophia Loren At 81: Still Gorgeous, Still Classy

  1. #31
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19117

    From
    america
    But Sophia Loren was so unique looking.....I don't think I have ever seen a Jane Mansfield movie. Which is your favorite?
    --Sophia Loren was very unique looking (Is she Spanish? Italian?) And, I can't recall any of the movies I have seen with Mansfield. I just know she was pretty, and, her roles tended to dwell on that fact.

    So many gorgeous, brilliant female actors and ALL of them are "fat" by today's standards.
    --The Hepburn ladies wouldn't be. In fact, Katheryn was a bit "rangey." (One of the things I loved about her...she, too, was very unique. With a commanding presence about her)

    The main problem with "FAT" Americans is not so much that we are getting FAT(er), but, that so many of us are NOT Healthy. (I have known "large" people, who are VERY healthy, just a few extra lbs.) I think this is often missed, and young women, in particular, actually do much more harm to their health by trying to lose weight, when that's just not in their DNA.
    Thanks from Madeline

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    55,960
    Thanks
    32072

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    --Sophia Loren was very unique looking (Is she Spanish? Italian?) And, I can't recall any of the movies I have seen with Mansfield. I just know she was pretty, and, her roles tended to dwell on that fact.



    --The Hepburn ladies wouldn't be. In fact, Katheryn was a bit "rangey." (One of the things I loved about her...she, too, was very unique. With a commanding presence about her)

    The main problem with "FAT" Americans is not so much that we are getting FAT(er), but, that so many of us are NOT Healthy. (I have known "large" people, who are VERY healthy, just a few extra lbs.) I think this is often missed, and young women, in particular, actually do much more harm to their health by trying to lose weight, when that's just not in their DNA.
    I just this week read that 25% of American girls have serious depression symptoms by the age of 14.

    Much too much of this, IMO, is the incessant assault on their body images by Hollywood.

    It was of particular importance to me, raising a girl, that she was as immune to that as I could manage.

  3. #33
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23,854
    Thanks
    22376

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Another famous Italian glamour-puss actress from the sixties was Gina Lollobrigida, who had two massive assets.



    She turned into a philanthropist, selling her jewellery for £5M to give to stem cell research.

    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    55,960
    Thanks
    32072

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Another famous Italian glamour-puss actress from the sixties was Gina Lollobrigida, who had two massive assets.



    She turned into a philanthropist, selling her jewellery for £5M to give to stem cell research.

    She was gorgeous!

  5. #35
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    55,960
    Thanks
    32072

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Most of these women used their fame and popularity for good. Elisabeth Taylor was a very brave advocate for AIDS patients, almost from the beginning of the epidemic.

    Photos of her embracing Rock Hudson after he was outted as both gay and dying of AIDS did more to knock down public fear and hatred of AIDS patients than almost anything else.

    Princess Diana was also one who took up that cause, with all the tv footage of her holding infants in Africa dying of AIDS. It's probably the number one reason she was so beloved.
    Last edited by Madeline; 21st September 2017 at 03:15 PM.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,732
    Thanks
    6990

    From
    10 years later
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    That was tasteless. Marilyn Monroe was a victim of sexist exploitation resulting in her death.

    Elevate thy game, sir. Please.
    Gonna report him if he doesn't?

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,732
    Thanks
    6990

    From
    10 years later
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    You have used shitty manners as your posting style once too often, sir.

    Welcome to my ignore list.

    God help the women you interact with IRL. What a nasty, sexist manner you have shown here on PH. If that is your actual personality, you are a danger to others.

    Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Reported for insults...

  8. #38
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19117

    From
    america
    DAMN, she was HOT.

    Seems to have aged pretty well, too, but, a bit too..."made up," in my opinion.

    Way too much jewelry, although...the ladies do like their bling......
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #39
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19117

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Most of these women used their fame and popularity for good. Elisabeth Taylor was a very brave advocate for AIDS patients, almost from the beginning of the epidemic.

    Photos of her embracing Rock Hudson after he was outted as both gay and dying of AIDS did more to knock down public fear and hatred of AIDS patients than almost anything else.

    Princess Diana was also one who took up that cause, with all the tv footage of her holding infants in Africa dying of AIDS. It's probably the number one reason she was so beloved.


    LADY DIANA...now THERE is elegance, class, and dignity....wrapped in beauty and humility!

    (I still respect Charles, and, he was ALWAYS in love with the other woman, but....damn Charlie!)
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #40
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19117

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    Good, the less bitching I get from you the better.

    Oh and, pot meet kettle.
    It's HER thread, dolt.

    IF you don' want to hear a woman's "bitching," maybe don't inject yourself into the conversation she is having, with nothing more than the intent to insult....That SELDOM ends well, even without the insult....
    Thanks from Madeline

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Actress Sophia Vergara sued by her own embryos
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 8th December 2016, 08:34 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18th April 2015, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed