Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 216
Thanks Tree172Thanks

Thread: Men need to stop complimenting women immediately

  1. #1
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall

    Men need to stop complimenting women immediately

    This current craze has simply reached a point where men need to start looking out for themselves whether at work or in their personal lives.

    Its so bad that even looking at a woman could get you tagged as a sexual harasser.

    You no longer can say that "that dress looks good on you", or "your eyes are beautiful" because a woman may very well take it the wrong way and drag you into court now.

    You even need to stop complimenting your wife because, god forbid you get divorced, she may claim that you mentally abused her for years with your sexual harassment.

    Hugging your daughter or letting her sit on your lap at a ball game, depending on her age, instantly makes you either a pervert or a pedophile, or both so you definitely want to avoid that.

    And if you want to find yourself sitting in HR very quickly just try doing this to a woman you like at work.

    There is a spot in the unemployment line for you tomorrow.



    Until this irrationality passes we men have to watch our backs.

    There are of course many legitimate cases of wrong doing out there but it is now spilling over into mainstream culture and its become all the rage to be a victim of this which is sad because it takes away from the women who actually are suffering through this.
    Thanks from Jeremy and allegoricalfact

  2. #2
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34,334
    Thanks
    19753

    From
    Toronto
    Dude... Just because you had such a terrible experience, don't project it on the rest of us, ok?

    I never had any problems complimenting women. Hell, that was one of the reasons my wife married me, or so shes says, I "knew how to talk to a woman and make her feel good", apparently...

    Of course, if you leer at a woman like a pervert, while grinning like a moron, while going "Nice rack, toots!" that's probably not gonna end well with any female who has any respect for herself...

  3. #3
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    17,125
    Thanks
    6980

    From
    i'm not real===
    I generally don't complement women unless I'm on a date. If I'm at work, especially.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Dr.Knuckles

  4. #4
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34,334
    Thanks
    19753

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I generally don't complement women unless I'm on a date. If I'm at work, especially.
    It depends what you say. If she just got a new haircut, for example, it's perfectly fine to notice that her hair looks nice today. That kind of thing As long as you don't make it overtly sexual. That's only appropriate with your intimate partner.

  5. #5
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It depends what you say. If she just got a new haircut, for example, it's perfectly fine to notice that her hair looks nice today. That kind of thing As long as you don't make it overtly sexual. That's only appropriate with your intimate partner.
    That's the point.

    They will now take that as hitting on them and sexual harassment.

    Either that or they will assume you usually think their hair looks like shit which would also be sexual harassment.

    Like this story:

    Sitcom star recalls sexist incident

    Friends star Lisa Kudrow has recalled a sexist incident she endured during the filming of the popular sitcom.

    Appearing on US TV’s Watch What Happens Live, she told host Andy Cohen about the time a guest star told her she was “fuckable” after she put makeup on.

    “I rehearsed without makeup most of the week,” she explained, “and then on show night I’m in hair and makeup and I was told, ‘Oh wow, NOW you’re’ – can I say it? ‘Now you’re fuckable.'”

    Kudrow – who played Phoebe Buffay – didn’t reveal who the guest star was but did confirm that it wasn’t Charlie Sheen, who appeared in the episode titled ‘The One With The Chicken Pox’.

    The actress went on to say that she told co-star Matt LeBlanc about the incident because “he’s like a big brother.”


    Read more at 'Friends' guest star told Lisa Kudrow 'now you're fuckable' after she put makeup on - NME

  6. #6
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    17,125
    Thanks
    6980

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It depends what you say. If she just got a new haircut, for example, it's perfectly fine to notice that her hair looks nice today. That kind of thing As long as you don't make it overtly sexual. That's only appropriate with your intimate partner.
    I think I understand Spooky's point, though. I heard a radio broadcast today that said a women can years later decide that a man "harassed" her, even if she did not mind at the time. That's pretty stupid, as I'm sure my ex would now say I harassed her.
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 2nd December 2017 at 04:19 PM.
    Thanks from allegoricalfact

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,701
    Thanks
    20992

    From
    Maryland
    Compliment a woman the same way you would compliment a man

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,701
    Thanks
    20992

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I think I understand Spookey's point, though. I heard a radio broadcast today that said a women can years later decide that a man "harassed" her, even if she did not mind at the time. That's pretty stupid, as I'm sure my ex would now say I harassed her.
    Then there’s the millions of women like me who had been traumatized by sexual assaults and never did anything
    Thanks from Babba, Puzzling Evidence and Friday13

  9. #9
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,189
    Thanks
    11010

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Compliment a woman the same way you would compliment a man
    Smack her on the ass like football players do?

    Not sure that's such a good idea.
    Thanks from HadEnough2

  10. #10
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,645
    Thanks
    11628

    From
    Houston, Texas
    I worked 40 years in the machine shop and never worked in a shop with a female machinist.

    Now I'm retired; I complement women all the time. You want to watch a woman smile? Next time you go through a drive thru to get some coffee, tell the young girl that her hair looks nice on her. I sometimes complement women on a ring they may be wearing and say how my wife would love a ring that nice. It doesn't hurt to be nice to people when you can. Women can tell if you are being nice or being a jerk.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump caught on tape complimenting Macron's wife's body
    By Think for myself in forum Current Events
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 22nd July 2017, 08:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th May 2013, 02:30 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed