Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 481 to 489 of 489
Thanks Tree47Thanks

Thread: F-35 Where do we go from here?

  1. #481
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,975
    Thanks
    4564

    The commonality between the three versions is not all that common anymore. B, C versions don't have a gun, the lift fan on the B version consumes internal volume for weapons. So many compromises and trade off's.

  2. #482
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,975
    Thanks
    4564

    NSA Details Chinese Cyber Theft of F-35, Military Secrets NSA Details Chinese Cyber Theft of F-35, Military Secrets



    China obtained more than 50 terabytes of data from U.S. defense and government networks, notably the Joint Strike Fighter’s stealth radar and engine secrets, through cyber espionage, according to newly disclosed National Security Agency documents.

    A NSA briefing slide labeled "Top Secret" and headlined "Chinese Exfiltrate Sensitive Military Data," states that the Chinese have stolen a massive amount of data from U.S. government and private contractors.

    So much for technical advantage over our enemies.


    https://www.cfr.org/interactive/cyber-operations/compromise-computers-associated-joint-strike-fighter-program The similarities between the F-35 and the Chinese J-20 have fueled speculation that the Chinese government may have been behind the compromise.
    Last edited by THOR; 13th February 2018 at 05:44 AM.

  3. #483
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23,664
    Thanks
    6112

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    NSA Details Chinese Cyber Theft of F-35, Military Secrets NSA Details Chinese Cyber Theft of F-35, Military Secrets



    China obtained more than 50 terabytes of data from U.S. defense and government networks, notably the Joint Strike Fighter’s stealth radar and engine secrets, through cyber espionage, according to newly disclosed National Security Agency documents.

    A NSA briefing slide labeled "Top Secret" and headlined "Chinese Exfiltrate Sensitive Military Data," states that the Chinese have stolen a massive amount of data from U.S. government and private contractors.

    So much for technical advantage over our enemies.


    https://www.cfr.org/interactive/cybe...ighter-program
    Stealing our technology is expensive.

    A lot cheaper than developing their own, though...

  4. #484
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,975
    Thanks
    4564

    Let?s Talk About The USAF's Claim Of 'Fully Combat Capable' F-35s - The Drive
    Let’s Talk About The USAF's Claim Of 'Fully Combat Capable' F-35s





    Still, it’s not entirely clear how the Air Force is defining “fully combat capable” in this case. None of the three F-35 variants have even begun the mandatory testing process run by the Pentagon's Office of the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E), which is independent of the individual services.

  5. #485
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23,664
    Thanks
    6112

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Let?s Talk About The USAF's Claim Of 'Fully Combat Capable' F-35s - The Drive
    Let’s Talk About The USAF's Claim Of 'Fully Combat Capable' F-35s





    Still, it’s not entirely clear how the Air Force is defining “fully combat capable” in this case. None of the three F-35 variants have even begun the mandatory testing process run by the Pentagon's Office of the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation (DOT&E), which is independent of the individual services.
    There's only one way to REALLY find out if the F-35 is "fully combat capable".

    And that is to see how it performs in actual combat.

    It'll probably happen first in Israel.

    Speculation is that they have already flown real combat missions over there.

  6. #486
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,975
    Thanks
    4564

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    There's only one way to REALLY find out if the F-35 is "fully combat capable".

    And that is to see how it performs in actual combat.

    It'll probably happen first in Israel.

    Speculation is that they have already flown real combat missions over there.
    We may learn more about it's capabilities if Israel is already using them.

  7. #487
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23,664
    Thanks
    6112

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    We may learn more about it's capabilities if Israel is already using them.
    That's the way it works with lots of our weapons systems.

    Like the F-15.

    The F-15's were taking turns shooting down MIG's.

    Not kidding, they were talking about whose turn it was to kill the oncoming planes.

  8. #488
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,975
    Thanks
    4564

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Stealing our technology is expensive.

    A lot cheaper than developing their own, though...
    I wish the concerns over this issue was as great as the Russia / election meddling issue.

  9. #489
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,975
    Thanks
    4564

    7 Things The Marines Have To Do To Make The F-35B Worth The Huge Cost https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/7-...rth-1560672069

    The B model compromised the A, C models. The B model has issues of it's own. Small ordinance load, no cannon. To improve that capability by hanging ordinance externally, Radar cross section is lost.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed