Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: Horseshit about Vietnam

  1. #11
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65,648
    Thanks
    30828

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I thought it was more like 58,000.
    Yep, that's why OldGaffer said "OVER 50,000..."
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  2. #12
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,634
    Thanks
    5593

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yep, that's why OldGaffer said "OVER 50,000..."
    Yeah, he was technically correct, but especially on Memorial Day Weekend, it's not a bad thing to be a little more accurate.

    It would be like saying American national debt is over 15 Trillion.

    Not technically wrong, but not very accurate.

    Thanks Obama!

  3. #13
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,899
    Thanks
    38893

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Yeah, he was technically correct, but especially on Memorial Day Weekend, it's not a bad thing to be a little more accurate.

    It would be like saying American national debt is over 15 Trillion.

    Not technically wrong, but not very accurate.

    Thanks Obama!
    Sorry my impreciseness offended you , I will google the exact number for you from now on since it seems you have a touch of ...

    https://www.powerthesaurus.org/nitpicky

  4. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,634
    Thanks
    5593

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Sorry my impreciseness offended you , I will google the exact number for you from now on since it seems you have a touch of ...

    https://www.powerthesaurus.org/nitpicky
    Well, I appreciate that.

    Especially on Memorial Day Weekend, lets honor those 50,000, or 58,000 or whatever...

    (I have a feeling that those 8,000 or so families think it's important.)

  5. #15
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,899
    Thanks
    38893

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Well, I appreciate that.

    Especially on Memorial Day Weekend, lets honor those 50,000, or 58,000 or whatever...

    (I have a feeling that those 8,000 or so families think it's important.)
    I wonder how they know they were one of the 8000 callously left out of my post? After all, I didn't name anyone specifically to insult.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,634
    Thanks
    5593

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    I wonder how they know they were one of the 8000 callously left out of my post? After all, I didn't name anyone specifically to insult.
    Well, it's like this...

    Between you, and JFK, and LBJ, there's plenty of blame to go around!

  7. #17
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36,899
    Thanks
    38893

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Well, it's like this...

    Between you, and JFK, and LBJ, there's plenty of blame to go around!
    And Nixon got us out..I know the drill...
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,634
    Thanks
    5593

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    And Nixon got us out..I know the drill...
    Always glad to educate.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,605
    Thanks
    20924

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    The agenda that the Vietnam War was a war we should never have fought? Over 50,000 young Americans would agree with that....and you could add thousands more that would feel the same way about Iraq.
    A lot more than 50,000. There were hundreds of thousands who were wounded and damaged.....for what???

  10. #20
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,605
    Thanks
    20924

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Well, I appreciate that.

    Especially on Memorial Day Weekend, lets honor those 50,000, or 58,000 or whatever...

    (I have a feeling that those 8,000 or so families think it's important.)
    Stop being so silly....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vietnam in HD
    By TennesseeRain in forum Warfare
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 29th January 2015, 10:11 AM
  2. Further Proof Global Warming is horseshit
    By Six in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 9th May 2009, 07:55 AM
  3. Still say Iraq isn't Vietnam
    By johnlocke in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 20th June 2007, 04:48 AM
  4. The lessons of Vietnam
    By Truth Detector in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 1st June 2007, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed