Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: B-52s over N. Korea

  1. #11
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,212
    Thanks
    6763

    From
    A Month Away
    Kim Jung Un has nothing to fear from bombing South Korea, or even attacking Hawaii with an EMP type weapon. We all know that even if one of those two things were to happen, the USA would not retaliate in a way that would kill a lot of civilians. We'd hit some targets and wage an air/missile war.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,634
    Thanks
    5593

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Kim Jung Un has nothing to fear from bombing South Korea, or even attacking Hawaii with an EMP type weapon. We all know that even if one of those two things were to happen, the USA would not retaliate in a way that would kill a lot of civilians. We'd hit some targets and wage an air/missile war.
    Lil Kim may just be crazy enough to think he can fight and even win a nuke war.

    There is no telling WHAT he thinks.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,212
    Thanks
    6763

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Lil Kim may just be crazy enough to think he can fight and even win a nuke war.

    There is no telling WHAT he thinks.
    Why is that crazy? Do you really think the USA would use a nuclear weapon over a country like North Korea?

  4. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20,634
    Thanks
    5593

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Why is that crazy? Do you really think the USA would use a nuclear weapon over a country like North Korea?
    I hope not.

    But, if Lil Kim throws a nuke first, then all bets are off.

    And, I would never even hint that we would hesitate to use them...just in case he's listening...

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,212
    Thanks
    6763

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I hope not.

    But, if Lil Kim throws a nuke first, then all bets are off.

    And, I would never even hint that we would hesitate to use them...just in case he's listening...
    Think about it. Attacks by our enemies are on civilians. They work to hurt our families. On the other hand, we wage war with rules. We work to minimize civilian casualties. It is not unreadable for Supreme Leader Kim Jung Un to think that North Korea could not only survive such an attack but actually benefit from it. Most likely we would impose sanctions. We would attack a few of his bases. Maybe test out a MOAB on his missile factories. But to think that we would go 1945 on North Korea? I seriously doubt it.

    Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) only works when both parties are reasonably certain the other will use it.

  6. #16
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,829
    Thanks
    359

    From
    california
    Playing with fire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th May 2017, 08:34 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 5th May 2017, 09:37 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 15th April 2017, 02:43 PM
  4. N. Korea Threatens S. Korea and the US Sunday.....
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum World Politics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13th March 2011, 01:50 AM
  5. N. Korea Walks Out of Talks with S. Korea
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th February 2011, 09:31 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed