Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Why do Russian, Chinese, and NK military trucks have whitewall tires?

  1. #11
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,275
    Thanks
    10838

    From
    By the wall
    Its easier to see when a tire needs to be repaired with whitewall.

    However, many militaries with proper maintenance don't need them because they inspect them regularly.

  2. #12
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks
    1337

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    cause they'r ridin dirty

  3. #13
    Junior Member RedCloud's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    2289

    From
    North Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post

    The tread width is marked on the sidewall. When the reading gets to "0" they know its time to change tires!

  4. #14
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,275
    Thanks
    10838

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCloud View Post
    The tread width is marked on the sidewall. When the reading gets to "0" they know its time to change tires!
    Its also easier to see damage they may take in a combat situation such as shrapnel.

    Easier to pull it out of white than black.

    Gunshots also show up better.

  5. #15
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    32,795
    Thanks
    30339

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Back in the day whitewalls here were so common all car tires were made with them. If you wanted tires without it, you had to pay to get the whitewall machined off.
    The simple solution is to install them inside out. People still do that with white letter tires if they prefer blackwalls.
    Thanks from boontito and Friday13

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,161
    Thanks
    17899

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    The simple solution is to install them inside out. People still do that with white letter tires if they prefer blackwalls.
    I remember when the government got new tires for their G-car fleet and W-walls were cheaper for the deal.
    They were installed inside out to keep taxpayers from screaming!<G>
    Thanks from RedCloud and Friday13

  7. #17
    Junior Member RedCloud's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    2289

    From
    North Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I remember when the government got new tires for their G-car fleet and W-walls were cheaper for the deal.
    They were installed inside out to keep taxpayers from screaming!<G>

    Devil, I started off with some off-the-wall shit but didn't expect anyone else to join in.
    Thanks from Friday13

  8. #18
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,184
    Thanks
    13444

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    Back in the day whitewalls here were so common all car tires were made with them. If you wanted tires without it, you had to pay to get the whitewall machined off.
    Nah. Not many "unidirectional" treaded tires "back in the day" (not good to do with "unis")...just flipped them around to the black side. I hated whitewalls, always had them turned around. Just for shits and giggles, what do you consider "back in the day"?

  9. #19
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,275
    Thanks
    10838

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Nah. Not many "unidirectional" treaded tires "back in the day" (not good to do with "unis")...just flipped them around to the black side. I hated whitewalls, always had them turned around. Just for shits and giggles, what do you consider "back in the day"?
    Yeah, I don't know anyone that works on tires for shits and giggles.

    It must be one sorry ass life if that is a persons idea of fun.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    22,938
    Thanks
    16765

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Those are their "dress" tires.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 15th November 2015, 12:24 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st May 2015, 02:27 PM
  3. Chinese investors to help Russian Crimea
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th May 2014, 11:48 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th August 2013, 07:55 PM
  5. Chinese Military Conducts Cyber Attack!
    By steezer in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th September 2007, 08:46 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed