Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: How much is enough?

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,316
    Thanks
    31450

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Boy its amazing how we survived for thousands of years without basic health care coverage isn't it?
    Average U.S. life expectancy today........... 79.8 years (males)
    Average U.S. life expectancy in 1917.........48.4 years (males)

  2. #22
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,124
    Thanks
    9110

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    i think we need to just focus on our land. lets beef up our security. no need for us to be out in the middle east anymore (god bless our troops). lets stop crusin by north korea and start focusing on ourselves. imo the government should focus more on neighborhood watch programs.

    We're spending billions here too make contractors rich on a a threat that is overstated. As of late our home grown idiots are more dangerous than those abroad.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 16th October 2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Thanks from Dittohead not!

  3. #23
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,810
    Thanks
    5048

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Boy its amazing how we survived for thousands of years without basic health care coverage isn't it?
    Yes, and without cars, electricity, indoor plumbing, machines to do the plowing and planting, and gong back further, without metal tools, wheels, or cooking pots. Surely, we could get along without those things once again.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  4. #24
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,687
    Thanks
    11094

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, and without cars, electricity, indoor plumbing, machines to do the plowing and planting, and gong back further, without metal tools, wheels, or cooking pots. Surely, we could get along without those things once again.
    Liberals couldn't, they don't know what it means to do hard work.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66,316
    Thanks
    31450

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Liberals couldn't, they don't know what it means to do hard work.
    And YOU do?
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  6. #26
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,687
    Thanks
    11094

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    And YOU do?
    I grew up on farms, you can rest assured that I know what hard work is.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,397
    Thanks
    4486

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    11 carriers might be overkill in a single fight but they usually are not going to fight all together.

    They are usually spread out around the world, that's why we need so many.

    We need about 10 more in my opinion.

    We should be making drone carriers also.
    Not all carriers and their support ships will be at sea at the same time. Many will be back at port being serviced, restocked, crews at leave. Maintenance to ships and planes.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,397
    Thanks
    4486

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    No wonder we can't afford universal health care here.
    Medicare, medicaid and interest payments and Social Security are already eating the budget alive. Defense is another whopper.

  9. #29
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,687
    Thanks
    11094

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Not all carriers and their support ships will be at sea at the same time. Many will be back at port being serviced, restocked, crews at leave. Maintenance to ships and planes.
    Very good point.

  10. #30
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38,058
    Thanks
    39964

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Medicare, medicaid and interest payments and Social Security are already eating the budget alive. Defense is another whopper.
    Medicare and Social Security are self funded, not coming out of general revenue, unless you want to steal the money from the seniors that paid into it for the last 50 years and give the money to the 1%? Medicaid is funded by a special tax on the rich that Trump is trying to remove, along with Medicaid of course.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed