Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Thanks Tree29Thanks

Thread: Yet another GOP crack at desroying the V.A. healthcare system.

  1. #1
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,166
    Thanks
    4217

    From
    Englewood, Fl

    Yet another GOP crack at desroying the V.A. healthcare system.

    Just like under Bush, the GOP is coming after veteran's healthcare. They want to tear it down and turn it into a voucher system and make Veterans buy insurance from the Big Insurers.

    This is how much the GOP and Trump care for our wounded warriors and their families. Right in the wake of the Niger incident, they want to slap veterans in the face and leave them to the mercies of Big Ins and Big Pharma. Despite the problems with the system, veterans want to keep their healthcare.

    They will fight tooth and nail these efforts. This is an outrage! These soulless bastards are trying to deny services altogether. I'm sure they see it as a giant pot of money that they can claim if their despicable plan were to work.

    Veteran's Organizations killed the attempt when Bush tried this shit as men were dying in Iraq and Affy and with similar timing, these Orgs will kill this attempt to deceive and make a monster money grab at the expense of Veterans. They will try to disguise these bills as saving a broken system.

    It's far from broken and the vast majority of the problems that remain could be resolved if the system was adequately funded. This is yet another reverse Robin Hood move and it's grotesque, shameful, disgusting and just plain greed gone wild.

  2. #2
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    58,720
    Thanks
    28744

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    [VA health care is] far from broken and the vast majority of the problems that remain could be resolved if the system was adequately funded.
    Yet they think it is broken, and they will keep breaking it until people notice.

    I get health care through the VA, and it has always been outstanding.
    Thanks from Friday13, EnigmaO01, HCProf and 1 others

  3. #3
    Established Member Redwood's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,867
    Thanks
    4404

    From
    Ohio
    Old farts who never served.. vote to short change Vets, to break promises, to turn it into a cash cow for the Priivate Sector tycoons. Well.....when it's a BRUTAL REALITY... it gets hard to sell the lies. the Right Wing Nutjobs......COULD be SUBTLE and skim big $$ but.. TOO greedy...TOO stupid. Military/Vets tend to be CONSERVATIVE but.....if the GOPPERS keep screwing them over.. that can change fast.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    32090

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Old farts who never served.. vote to short change Vets, to break promises, to turn it into a cash cow for the Priivate Sector tycoons. Well.....when it's a BRUTAL REALITY... it gets hard to sell the lies. the Right Wing Nutjobs......COULD be SUBTLE and skim big $$ but.. TOO greedy...TOO stupid. Military/Vets tend to be CONSERVATIVE but.....if the GOPPERS keep screwing them over.. that can change fast.
    Never underestimate the lengths most American politicians and corporate leaders will go to for money. The greed is literally bottomless.

    We are far too tolerant of sociopaths in this country. These people belong in a locked psych ward, not in Congress.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain, EnigmaO01 and Friday13

  5. #5
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    79,730
    Thanks
    42262

    From
    becoming more and more
    try as the might ...there are just too many watchdog groups out there ready to go public. Even if it's never carried on any major cable news network. Last time they were going to try to do an end run around the VA and end housing vouchers without consulting with anyone that would implement their plans. They ended up having to reverse the plan because of the public backlash.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Madeline

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    55,983
    Thanks
    32090

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    try as the might ...there are just too many watchdog groups out there ready to go public. Even if it's never carried on any major cable news network. Last time they were going to try to do an end run around the VA and end housing vouchers without consulting with anyone that would implement their plans. They ended up having to reverse the plan because of the public backlash.
    Fight for your country for 2 years.

    Get injured.

    Fight WITH your country the rest of your life.

    It's so fucking wrong.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,245
    Thanks
    4770

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    Old farts who never served.. vote to short change Vets, to break promises, to turn it into a cash cow for the Priivate Sector tycoons. Well.....when it's a BRUTAL REALITY... it gets hard to sell the lies. the Right Wing Nutjobs......COULD be SUBTLE and skim big $$ but.. TOO greedy...TOO stupid. Military/Vets tend to be CONSERVATIVE but.....if the GOPPERS keep screwing them over.. that can change fast.
    I thought the idea was to have it so Vets could go to any hospital to get medical service. Va hospitals are not always convenient to people. I know veterans who have something called Tricare and it sounds way better then what I have. They go to local hospitals for all sorts of issues. I know vets that have to travel over a hundred miles to get things done at VA hospitals.

  8. #8
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    86,155
    Thanks
    23440

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Considering what happened in the VA when Democrats were in charge of it, maybe turn down the self righteousness a scooch.

    Now would someone explain why allowing veterans to have a choice in who they go to for care is so horrible? Particularly when many don't have immediate access to a VA facility or have long wait times?

  9. #9
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,166
    Thanks
    4217

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Considering what happened in the VA when Democrats were in charge of it, maybe turn down the self righteousness a scooch.

    Now would someone explain why allowing veterans to have a choice in who they go to for care is so horrible? Particularly when many don't have immediate access to a VA facility or have long wait times?
    That's not what I'm speaking of. Of course it's better to have choice but what the GOP has proposed in the past isn't about that as much as it is to turn the V.A. hospital system into privately owned and administered institutions. Thereby giving a giant injection of profit motive into it. I and my fellows Vets are all for having the option of going to local ER's and getting care close to home.

    We already have Vets with hospital bills for doing just that because they didn't follow the regs exactly. Even though many Vets service officers aren't completely up to speed on what those regs are. Many new tweaks to benefits written years ago as promises are costing vets a lot.

    Slowly injecting hoops that must be jumped through and/or changing language on Regs that make it harder to qualify for services that they've used for years and now payments are being challenged and costs to veterans are on the rise.

    Vital benefits are are being refused that were never refused before. It's getting so you need a lawyer to guide you for every benefit you've been accustomed to for half a century. Many Vets give up because of the stress these things cause. PTSD sufferers especially are losing benefits to these new guidelines that are hard to understand and even harder to satisfy.
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #10
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    65,505
    Thanks
    4225

    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    Just like under Bush, the GOP is coming after veteran's healthcare. They want to tear it down and turn it into a voucher system and make Veterans buy insurance from the Big Insurers.

    This is how much the GOP and Trump care for our wounded warriors and their families. Right in the wake of the Niger incident, they want to slap veterans in the face and leave them to the mercies of Big Ins and Big Pharma. Despite the problems with the system, veterans want to keep their healthcare.

    They will fight tooth and nail these efforts. This is an outrage! These soulless bastards are trying to deny services altogether. I'm sure they see it as a giant pot of money that they can claim if their despicable plan were to work.

    Veteran's Organizations killed the attempt when Bush tried this shit as men were dying in Iraq and Affy and with similar timing, these Orgs will kill this attempt to deceive and make a monster money grab at the expense of Veterans. They will try to disguise these bills as saving a broken system.

    It's far from broken and the vast majority of the problems that remain could be resolved if the system was adequately funded. This is yet another reverse Robin Hood move and it's grotesque, shameful, disgusting and just plain greed gone wild.
    It was already destroyed by Obama. How do you justify Obama giving bonuses to those that let vets die?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is the truth about England's healthcare system?
    By Amelia in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 21st March 2017, 12:23 PM
  2. A secrret look inside America's healthcare system
    By bajisima in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th May 2015, 06:50 AM
  3. Canada's healthcare system in crisis
    By mjdsr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 10th May 2015, 02:14 PM
  4. Canadian Healthcare System Imploding
    By Six in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10th May 2015, 02:13 PM
  5. High Level outlines of an Ideal Healthcare System
    By The_Bear in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2nd September 2009, 01:15 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed