Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: A Salute to my Marine Brothers on Memorial Day.

  1. #21
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,797
    Thanks
    12296

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    Did anyone catch the Trump speech in front of members of the military on this Memorial Day. A draft dodger giving a speech like this is bad enough but as always, he had to double down to make it even more vile. He talked about how great the economy is doing under his ADM and that the fallen soldiers would be happy about that. Imagine! Someone on Yahoo commented: "Leave it to Trump to put the ME in MEmorial Day!" It was disgusting and bizarre.
    That's our current POTUS.......Why would anyone expect that he would allow the ultimate sacrifices of those honored today, out shine everything about him and his own "sacrifices"? ($130,000 paid to an adult actress to keep quiet about his cheating on his wife?) It's all about him, it always has been and always will be.

    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 28th May 2018 at 03:19 PM.
    Thanks from namvet69

  2. #22
    Shitposting Rank 4 Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21,197
    Thanks
    11411

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    You from a military family? I salute them also. We are all brothers in arms.
    Yes my father was Air Force and served in Vietnam.
    My grandfather was Army and served in WW2.

    I spread my father's and grandmother's ashes today, together again.

    I salute you sir.

  3. #23
    Wawa Skittletits BDBoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42,746
    Thanks
    37796

    From
    Sometimes I get cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflesh View Post
    Yes my father was Air Force and served in Vietnam.
    My grandfather was Army and served in WW2.

    I spread my father's and grandmother's ashes today, together again.

    I salute you sir.
    I remember in fourth grade when a classmate was taken out to hear that his father was killed in Nam. Every day for the rest of the time I lived there, he wore what I remember looking like a satin jacket with a dragon on it and a bunch of I don't know, letters and numbers. I was obviously quite young, but I remember knowing it was his dad's, and how said it all was.

    I've never thought til today, but I bet his name is on the wall. Are they alphabetical, or what? Is there a database I can look at?

  4. #24
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    4831

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    My dad was 3rd Bn 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division, Combat Zone.
    My best friend served in 2nd Batt 5th Reg which is a sister unit and your dad and I were both in the 1st Marine Division. So we truly are brothers in arms.
    Thanks from BDBoop

  5. #25
    Wawa Skittletits BDBoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42,746
    Thanks
    37796

    From
    Sometimes I get cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    My best friend served in 2nd Batt 5th Reg which is a sister unit and your dad and I were both in the 1st Marine Division. So we truly are brothers in arms.
    I send you a 'Semper Fi' on his behalf.
    Thanks from namvet69

  6. #26
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    4831

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflesh View Post
    Yes my father was Air Force and served in Vietnam.
    My grandfather was Army and served in WW2.

    I spread my father's and grandmother's ashes today, together again.

    I salute you sir.
    My cousin was in the Air Force in Nam. They served with honor. And Dad was in WW11. Marines and Navy. Your ancestors and mine. That's what this day should be all about. Not Trump. I'm sure grand dad and mom are together as in life. I salute you right back.

  7. #27
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    4831

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I send you a 'Semper Fi' on his behalf.
    I know for sure that your dad saw a lot that he'll never tell anyone about. Know that he served with the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen. My respect for him is without bounds.

  8. #28
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    4831

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I remember in fourth grade when a classmate was taken out to hear that his father was killed in Nam. Every day for the rest of the time I lived there, he wore what I remember looking like a satin jacket with a dragon on it and a bunch of I don't know, letters and numbers. I was obviously quite young, but I remember knowing it was his dad's, and how said it all was.

    I've never thought til today, but I bet his name is on the wall. Are they alphabetical, or what? Is there a database I can look at?
    They are alphabetical after they are placed in chronological order from the earliest. Yes, there are many websites. I have never looked because I don't have the balls to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 31st May 2017, 07:01 PM
  2. Obama forgets Marine One salute. Impeach!! Impeach!!
    By bonncaruso in forum Current Events
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 27th May 2013, 08:58 AM
  3. Memorial Honoring Koch Brothers Planned for WI
    By Ronin Tetsuro in forum Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th February 2011, 07:28 AM
  4. A Salute To Our U.S. Constitution
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th September 2008, 11:30 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed