Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 96
Thanks Tree28Thanks

Thread: Iran has ceased harassment of American warships

  1. #31
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,468
    Thanks
    34334

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Well, if you read the article that I posted, it seems to be the case that they have fallen off, but why? Is it because of Trump? I don't know and neither does anyone else, seemingly.
    Unfortunately the OP said that Iran and CEASED the harassment and NOT that they had "fallen off." Either the OP is a lie or the writer of it does not have a very good understanding of the English language.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  2. #32
    ♥ 2 A&D 4 my new avi! MeBelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,930
    Thanks
    3463

    From
    San Fran
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Im afraid of monsters and i wet the bed to protect myself.
    Believe

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,851
    Thanks
    9432

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Unfortunately the OP said that Iran and CEASED the harassment and NOT that they had "fallen off." Either the OP is a lie or the writer of it does not have a very good understanding of the English language.
    Well, it has been half a year.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,804
    Thanks
    7754

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Trump's a total spineless wuss. You know why i said that?
    The claim is that he gave "his generals permission to act without his direct authorization." IF that is an accurate statement here's how it will work out. IF someone gets trigger happy and it turns out badly for the U.S either militarily or politically Trump will proclaim his innocence and say I didn't give that General/Admiral orders to commence hostilities. And technically he would be correct.
    IF the incidence turns out to be a huge military and .or political triumph Trump will claim it was all his idea.
    Trump is not leader. Leaders take responsibility, they give clear directions/orders. Most especially military leaders.
    They just don't wave their hand and say "just do what you think is best, you don't need direct orders from me."
    You say the president is a spineless wuss? It seems that I remember a post from someone claiming that he had served in the USMC but said he would stand by and watch thieves take his possessions, rather than use force to stop them. Many on the left complained the President having not served wasn’t qualified to make those decisions. There were posts about it on this forum. Now that President Trump has passed that decision making on to people who are undoubtedly qualified to make these decisions, you still object?

    When I read a post like yours, I think that a brave person like you can tell us what you want President Trump to do on these matters. Do you want him to make decisions directly or have generals make the decisions? Because if you want him to make them then you must feel he’s the best man to make the.

  5. #35
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,107
    Thanks
    15175

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Iran understands that unlike President Obama, President Trump isn't going to just allow harassment of our sailors.
    He is too busy helping them obtain a nuclear weapon.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,107
    Thanks
    15175

    Quote Originally Posted by 5 stringer View Post
    I agree. Obama issued the order. Obama didnt get Osama, though. That was done by brave men.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  7. #37
    Junior Member 5 stringer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,035
    Thanks
    230

    From
    Ford, Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Unfortunately the OP said that Iran and CEASED the harassment and NOT that they had "fallen off." Either the OP is a lie or the writer of it does not have a very good understanding of the English language.
    When is the last time Iran buzzed one of our ships?

  8. #38
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,468
    Thanks
    34334

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    You say the president is a spineless wuss? It seems that I remember a post from someone claiming that he had served in the USMC but said he would stand by and watch thieves take his possessions, rather than use force to stop them. Many on the left complained the President having not served wasn’t qualified to make those decisions. There were posts about it on this forum. Now that President Trump has passed that decision making on to people who are undoubtedly qualified to make these decisions, you still object?

    When I read a post like yours, I think that a brave person like you can tell us what you want President Trump to do on these matters. Do you want him to make decisions directly or have generals make the decisions? Because if you want him to make them then you must feel he’s the best man to make the.
    Why yes i did. Problem?
    You do remember that? Gee, i remember that post and this unnamed poster (ain't you cute) said he would not KILL to save mere possessions that he had insured anyway. That same poster said he would of course kill to protect his and his families own lives. That poster said he simply valued lives over possessions.
    Gee, i guess it's a good thing this anonymous poster is NOT the president of the United States, whereas Trump IS.
    I explained my belief as to WHY trump "passed the buck" and I will object to any fucking thing i want to. You're a veteran, you know what in fuck ROE are.
    I am not the least bit interested in what you think.

  9. #39
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,468
    Thanks
    34334

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 stringer View Post
    When is the last time Iran buzzed one of our ships?
    Explain what that has to do with my post.

  10. #40
    New Member
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    33

    From
    Bremerton, Wa
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    well, Trump gave "his generals" permission to act without his direct authorization. No one knows what they can get away with anymore. If anyone is wondering, no....that's not a good thing.

    Incorrect. It is a good thing.

    A commander should have the authority to protect his command.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Cold War? Iran Sends Warships to Gulf of Mexico
    By Spookycolt in forum Current Events
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 25th November 2017, 04:43 PM
  2. What will be American reaction to Israel's attack on Iran?
    By Adam Somlec in forum World Politics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 26th August 2015, 01:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st September 2012, 02:00 PM
  4. Iran to Send 2 Warships to Syria By Way of Suez Canal.....
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum World Politics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 19th February 2011, 04:35 PM
  5. Iran cancels release of American hiker
    By Singularity in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th September 2010, 07:28 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed