Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96
Thanks Tree28Thanks

Thread: Iran has ceased harassment of American warships

  1. #1
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    203

    From
    Ford, Washington

    Iran has ceased harassment of American warships

    What happened to make Iran stop harassing our Navy?
    https://amp.businessinsider.com/iran...r-trump-2018-3

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,830
    Thanks
    9422

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 stringer View Post
    What happened to make Iran stop harassing our Navy?
    https://amp.businessinsider.com/iran...r-trump-2018-3
    I could not keep track of how many times this article pluged or praised Donald Trump. I'll look more into this, but its funny how when Obama killed Osama Bin Laden, I actually heard right-wingers complain that now NO ONE IS SAFE!!!

    You may be correct, but are there any stats to back up this assertion that Iran fears Trump? What has Trump done so far other than destroy chemical weapons in Syria?
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 8th July 2018 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,461
    Thanks
    37004

    From
    in my head
    Here's the original AP story: US military official: Iran naval forces halt 'provocations' - Business Insider


    The key paragraph:
    Urban declined to speculate on the reason for the change.

  4. #4
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,837
    Thanks
    44425

    From
    becoming more and more
    well, Trump gave "his generals" permission to act without his direct authorization. No one knows what they can get away with anymore. If anyone is wondering, no....that's not a good thing.

  5. #5
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    203

    From
    Ford, Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I could not keep track of how many times this article pluged or praised Donald Trump. I'll look more into this, but its funny how when Obama killed Osama Bin Laden, I actually heard right-wingers complain that now NO ONE IS SAFE!!!

    You may be correct, but are there any stats to back up this assertion that Iran fears Trump? What has Trump done so far other than destroy chemical weapons in Syria?
    Obama didnt kill Osama. Iran knows Trump will retaliate if they harass our Navy. Obama wouldn't.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  6. #6
    Under Protest excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,453
    Thanks
    3622

    From
    The Milky Way
    Gee, I wonder why. Yet some regressives are horrified! Horrified I tell ya.

  7. #7
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34,692
    Thanks
    30127

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 stringer View Post
    Obama didnt kill Osama. Iran knows Trump will retaliate if they harass our Navy. Obama wouldn't.
    Perhaps you're not quite clear on this, but Barack Obama was the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of American when Osama bin Laden was killed, and it was he who gave the order that led to the raid on the bin Laden compound in Pakistan, an action which Republican Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates said required a very real dose of courage, since it involved sending an American military team into a sovereign country which would not have approved of the mission.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, Hollywood and Dragonfly5

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,658
    Thanks
    7726

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Iran understands that unlike President Obama, President Trump isn't going to just allow harassment of our sailors.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly

  9. #9
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    53,679
    Thanks
    41360

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 stringer View Post
    Obama didnt kill Osama. Iran knows Trump will retaliate if they harass our Navy. Obama wouldn't.
    Wow - I guess you don't know who issues orders to send in special forces???

    They don't do it themselves ya know.

  10. #10
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    203

    From
    Ford, Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    well, Trump gave "his generals" permission to act without his direct authorization. No one knows what they can get away with anymore. If anyone is wondering, no....that's not a good thing.
    Of course. It's just terrible for Americans to defend themselves.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Cold War? Iran Sends Warships to Gulf of Mexico
    By Spookycolt in forum Current Events
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 25th November 2017, 04:43 PM
  2. What will be American reaction to Israel's attack on Iran?
    By Adam Somlec in forum World Politics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 26th August 2015, 01:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st September 2012, 02:00 PM
  4. Iran to Send 2 Warships to Syria By Way of Suez Canal.....
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum World Politics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 19th February 2011, 04:35 PM
  5. Iran cancels release of American hiker
    By Singularity in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th September 2010, 07:28 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed