Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77
Thanks Tree43Thanks

Thread: What did the British refer to "americans" as prior to 1776????

  1. #21
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,586
    Thanks
    29455

    From
    United States
    What about you, allegorical fact?

    Are you a Sussexian, a UKian, or just a plain old Brit?
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #22
    New Member Detective Mike Logan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    242

    From
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Oh, I grasp your point. It is you who is failing to grasp my points.

    How should I refer to your nationality? Are you a UKian?
    YOU WOULD SAY I'M ENGLISH. quite simply because that has been the commonly used nationality reference for people from England for hundreds and hundreds of years. or by extension British because i'm from Britain. not rocket science.

    but you didn't have a NATION until 1776.

  3. #23
    New Member Detective Mike Logan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    242

    From
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    What about you, allegorical fact?

    Are you a Sussexian, a UKian, or just a plain old Brit?
    NO need to refer to him as sussexian because in this time period we have a country called England or Britain.

    if u wanted to refer to him as his county name then you could call him that. I would be hertfordshirean I guess.
    Thanks from allegoricalfact

  4. #24
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,035
    Thanks
    13300

    From
    SoCal
    George III suffered from Porphyria...

    King George's Illness
    George III had a particularly severe form of porphyria. His first attack occurred in 1765, four years after his marriage to Queen Charlotte. Further signs of the disease showed up in 1788-1789. From 1811 to the time of his death in 1820 the royal patient became progressively insane and blind. He was nursed in isolation, and kept in straight jackets and behind bars in his private apartments at Windsor Castle.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,254
    Thanks
    18054

    From
    None of your business
    To be honest, I don't care, but I know John Hancock signed all his letter to King George with "your favorite traitor"

    And King George referred to the revolutionaries as "insurgents"

    Of course, Britian had some chops in those days, but so did the French, and the Spainards. Not now though,,,

    And of course, Britian took it's own beating in 1948; that was a banner year for independence.

    Even Little Jamaica came out from under British rule, the colonization experiment didn't really work out, did it?

    Regards
    Pace

  6. #26
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40,580
    Thanks
    35369

    From
    Inky's Playhouse
    Colonials?

  7. #27
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,586
    Thanks
    29455

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Mike Logan View Post
    YOU WOULD SAY I'M ENGLISH.

    No, I would never say that. English is what I call spin on a pool ball. I'd probably call you a Limey.

  8. #28
    New Member Detective Mike Logan's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    989
    Thanks
    242

    From
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    No, I would never say that. English is what I call spin on a pool ball. I'd probably call you a Limey.
    I don't get the pool ball reference but LOL @ the last bit.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  9. #29
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,586
    Thanks
    29455

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Mike Logan View Post
    I don't get the pool ball reference but LOL @ the last bit.

  10. #30
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40,580
    Thanks
    35369

    From
    Inky's Playhouse
    I call my brit "Mark."
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 104
    Last Post: 4th August 2014, 01:32 PM
  2. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 19th July 2010, 09:59 PM
  3. FOX News: Americans marry "ethnics" and "other species"
    By Davocrat in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11th July 2009, 06:28 AM
  4. British Sailors "Pardoned"
    By Migi e! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th April 2007, 09:50 AM
  5. "9/11 Truther" Next British Prime Minister?
    By operator kos in forum World Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22nd December 2006, 02:38 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed