Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94
Thanks Tree91Thanks

Thread: Saint Andrew Jackson

  1. #41
    EYE like U Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13,339
    Thanks
    5726

    From
    Location, Location
    Quote Originally Posted by beatleboy View Post
    We as a race of Caucasians didn't treat the native americans very well either, we killed and slaughtered millions of them to expand the country, Andrew Jackson isn't the only one to hurt them, if there is one race I hold much respect for it is our Native Americans, we were barbarians during that time. They were here before us but we made sure we got rid of them to whatever degree we needed to conquer the west. Don't just hammer down on Jackson.
    Thank you for responding to this as it gives me, yet again, a terrific opportunity to point out what a complete asshole Jackson was. He went way beyond "following orders" or fighting Injuns, Jackson murdered women and Children....THOUSANDS OF THEM. He went for above and beyond what was acceptable even in the mid 1800's. His methods were underhanded and inhumane; he was the Atila the Hun of early America.
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #42
    New Member PopeADope's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    38

    From
    Terrorist capitol.twin cities
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    "Luck?" Money brings "luck?" That's the stupid argument you're going with? I could validly say that putting the face of Jim Varney on the $20 bill would bring as much (or more) luck than that of Andrew Jackson.

    And what "sacrifice" are you talking about? Jackson was dead long before 1928, when he first appeared on the $20 bill, and he never gave any indication that he wanted to be honored (or more likely, insulted) as such.

    You must really hate Andrew Jackson, if you're willing to pervert his deeply held ideals for something as silly as "luck."
    The smiley face indicated the obvious fact that I was joking about the "good luck". Andy must be pissed at me because good luck charms are associated with the occult.

    Whether or not he would find it offensive to be on a 20$ , I simply don't know. It's a possibility.

    The point I was making is that Destiny greatly favored him. Could someone please give me examples of other seemingly miraculous happenings following an influential American figure that I might give them the same honor ?

    Jackson was also a British killer. He fought people he felt were a threat to the states he Governed and many Natives allied themselves with the British who had not long before burned down Washington DC.

    Americans were exhausted, had just been invaded, not respected by Europeans, their ships were being siezed and sailors made slaves, and so in desperation were trying to remove all that seemed to be a threat.

    I'm not saying it was good , but it was simply what nations did back then.

  3. #43
    Senior Member beatleboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11,695
    Thanks
    3592

    From
    east coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Thank you for responding to this as it gives me, yet again, a terrific opportunity to point out what a complete asshole Jackson was. He went way beyond "following orders" or fighting Injuns, Jackson murdered women and Children....THOUSANDS OF THEM. He went for above and beyond what was acceptable even in the mid 1800's. His methods were underhanded and inhumane; he was the Atila the Hun of early America.
    I will have to do some researching then, I've seen some on this man, and if what you say is true I need to learn about it all, will certainly look deeper into Mr. Jackson. I hope you aren't excusing us for slaughtering injuns just because we were following orders, I'm sure women and children were casualties then too, and not all our soldiers then followed orders, there were rogues who didn't give a crap about orders.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  4. #44
    New Member PopeADope's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    38

    From
    Terrorist capitol.twin cities
    Let's reflect on how good can come forth from something cruel like the Mexican War. People in Mexico are fleeing from their corrupt government to have a better life here.

    Those states would be more miserable to live in were they still under that government, and people would be fleeing them as well.

    Now, another thing is when you call Andrew Jackson an Indian killer , take into account that many of the Indians were also Indian killers .

    Indians were not united and many tribes hated each other and were butchering each other before white people ever showed up.

    Hence, Native American treatment of other Natives was also inhumane. I'm not being racist , just stating a fact for the sake of balance.

    What white people have done is absolutely terrible and inhumane , and I am very sad to read that s***. Yet if you look at the nations nowadays where people are treated most inhumanely, it is in countries that are predominantly not white .
    Thanks from beatleboy

  5. #45
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61,482
    Thanks
    27892

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    The Battle of New Orleans was a total FAIL, the war was already over and a Treaty had been signed.
    To be fair the combatants in New Orleans did not know it at the time the battle was fought.
    Ot took tome for news to travel back then, the news of the treaty had not yet reached Jackson or the British commander.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  6. #46
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,713
    Thanks
    23704

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeADope View Post
    ... The point I was making is that Destiny greatly favored him. Could someone please give me examples of other seemingly miraculous happenings following an influential American figure that I might give them the same honor ?
    There were no miraculous happenings. Jackson died, and someone in the Treasury decided to put his face on the $20 bill. That's not a miracle. But if you seriously care about Jackson and what he stood for, you'd respect his position with regard to the Federal Reserve Bank, and honor what would assuredly have been his final request to NOT be made a figurehead representing the Federal Reserve Bank.

    As it stands, you are mocking Jackson and everything he stands for.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  7. #47
    New Member PopeADope's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    38

    From
    Terrorist capitol.twin cities
    Jackson's war with the Native Americans is no more racist than Napoleon invading Spain, Prussia, or Russia.

    It was no more racist than the Rwanda genocide or the way people butcher each other in Somalia, Congo, Iraq Syria, or Nigeria.

    It was no more racist than Native American tribes killing each other or the Aztecs savagely mutilating and sacrificed their own people and butchering their Native neighbors.

  8. #48
    EYE like U Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    13,339
    Thanks
    5726

    From
    Location, Location
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeADope View Post
    Let's reflect on how good can come forth from something cruel like the Mexican War. People in Mexico are fleeing from their corrupt government to have a better life here.

    Those states would be more miserable to live in were they still under that government, and people would be fleeing them as well.

    Now, another thing is when you call Andrew Jackson an Indian killer , take into account that many of the Indians were also Indian killers .

    Indians were not united and many tribes hated each other and were butchering each other before white people ever showed up.

    Hence, Native American treatment of other Natives was also inhumane. I'm not being racist , just stating a fact for the sake of balance.

    What white people have done is absolutely terrible and inhumane , and I am very sad to read that s***. Yet if you look at the nations nowadays where people are treated most inhumanely, it is in countries that are predominantly not white .
    You are using faulty logic, Indians as a people killed, but even they did not kill women and children. I have to laugh at your "but, they did it too" response to every bad thing that ever happened in life. Eventually, you have to do a little bit of navel gazing and say, "wow, this is so fucked up." You seem incapable of holding your hero's to any kind of higher standard.

  9. #49
    vulgar? Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    57,350
    Thanks
    29809

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeADope View Post
    We must not disrespect Saint Andrew Jackson, for He also was an annointed man, full of miracles:
    7th President

    He fought the Battle of New Orleans with untrained Plowman against the most well equipped and trained and powerful military on Earth at the time. He won the battle with up to 3,000 British casualties and only eight Americans died.
    Not a miracle unless you think cotton bales are miraculous.

    Jackson ignored the Supreme Court when it got in the way of his policy of ethnic cleansing.

  10. #50
    Innocent knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,304
    Thanks
    6645

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeADope View Post
    Jackson's war with the Native Americans is no more racist than Napoleon invading Spain, Prussia, or Russia.

    It was no more racist than the Rwanda genocide or the way people butcher each other in Somalia, Congo, Iraq Syria, or Nigeria.

    It was no more racist than Native American tribes killing each other or the Aztecs savagely mutilating and sacrificed their own people and butchering their Native neighbors.
    Like a child you point out other bad things to divert attention away from the bad thing you do.

    "HE DOES IT MORE!"
    "HE DID IT FIRST!"
    Fucking pathetic.
    Thanks from Hollywood

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 28th July 2015, 07:10 PM
  2. Andrew Jackson booted off the $20
    By knight in forum Current Events
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 22nd March 2015, 07:11 AM
  3. Andrew Jackson - 200 Year Old Brither Question
    By vikingbeast in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28th April 2014, 03:51 AM
  4. Andrew Jackson on the Banksters
    By Robodoon in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th October 2008, 09:14 AM
  5. Andrew Jackson on banksters!
    By THOR in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th September 2008, 09:59 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed