Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88
Thanks Tree59Thanks

Thread: Banning Columbus Day

  1. #31
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    57,886
    Thanks
    33489

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    There are lot of bad stories about George Washington.

    4th of July may be on the chopping block next.
    July 4th is not George Washington Day, sir.
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    57,886
    Thanks
    33489

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    They have theirs. I have mine. I don't see a problem.

    Calendar of Holidays ? Native American Celebrations
    Theirs are not government holidays.
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #33
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,858
    Thanks
    32975

    From
    Border Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    There are lot of bad stories about George Washington.

    4th of July may be on the chopping block next.
    That does not make sense. How is GW connected to the 4th of July?
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #34
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,862
    Thanks
    11510

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    There are lot of bad stories about George Washington.

    4th of July may be on the chopping block next.
    July 4th doesn't celebrate George Washington, but I'm down for ending Presidents' Day if you are.

    Maybe add a winter Labor Day.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Madeline

  5. #35
    Established Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,089
    Thanks
    687

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    No, dear. The point is, Europeans used hideous violence to steal this land.
    So did they. You don't think it's Aztecs the Aztecs are sacrificing do you?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_..._Aztec_culture

    https://www.historyonthenet.com/azte...an-sacrifices/

  6. #36
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,862
    Thanks
    11510

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    So did they. You don't think it's Aztecs the Aztecs are sacrificing do you?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_..._Aztec_culture

    https://www.historyonthenet.com/azte...an-sacrifices/
    Again, this isn't relevant. Your argument is equivalent to saying that slavery was justified because some Africans were guilty of murder.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, Friday13 and Madeline

  7. #37
    Established Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,089
    Thanks
    687

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    That does not make sense. How is GW connected to the 4th of July?
    July 4th, aka independence day. Some say George Washington had something to do with that.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepe...United_States)

    July 4, 1776
    Independence Day, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.

  8. #38
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,862
    Thanks
    11510

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    July 4th, aka independence day. Some say George Washington had something to do with that.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepe...United_States)

    July 4, 1776
    Independence Day, also referred to as the Fourth of July or July Fourth, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.
    He didn't sign the Declaration of Independence.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Madeline

  9. #39
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,858
    Thanks
    32975

    From
    Border Fence
    A tv host had to bring her kid to work because her kids daycare was closed. That is how much people know today was CC Day. No one gives a shit.


    The Knights of Columbus dont even have a spaghetti dinner anymore. ...or if they do, its not a big event like years ago
    Thanks from Madeline

  10. #40
    Established Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,089
    Thanks
    687

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Again, this isn't relevant. Your argument is equivalent to saying that slavery was justified because some Africans were guilty of murder.
    Hardly. Your pictures are of Spaniards mistreating "native americans" not "Africans."

    BTW, one of them shows Spaniards are eating indians. I'm guessing the Spaniards are guilty of much but cannibalism wasn't one of them.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Happy Columbus Day!
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 13th October 2015, 08:13 PM
  2. Let's abolish Columbus Day, eh?
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 15th October 2013, 04:29 AM
  3. Columbus Day - Should We Still Be Celebrating It ?
    By Stefan Bandera in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 15th October 2010, 02:30 PM
  4. Columbus Day
    By Thomas Paine in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th October 2007, 01:16 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed