Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
Thanks Tree68Thanks

Thread: Trump Is Ranked WORST U.S. President EVA.

  1. #31
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,433
    Thanks
    10359

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Probably. But that has little to do with the discussion here.

    Trump is certainly the most unconventional President we have ever experienced. Maybe even throw in bizarre.

    And he may someday warrant the designation of "bad" or "worst". But not yet. Currently he has done a handful of things that conservatives can appreciate (Gorsich, signed the tax reform, etc) plus an amount of antics that conservatives (and most everyone else) find annoying.

    But he does still have 3 years in office. Lots could still happen.


    Waaay too early to be "ranking" any President. The poll is just a popularity contest.
    You give Mr. Blowhard way to much credit. And he had nothing to do with Gorsich. Nothing, notta, kein. The republicans just played dirty like they always do.
    Thanks from HadEnough2 and Thx1138

  2. #32
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27979

    From
    Wisconsin
    Madeline, the Canada "quotes" _are_ parody.

    From burrardstreetjournal -- a satire site.



    Trump is a bad man and a bad president. He says enough stupid crap that we don't need to misquote him. That just gives trumpcultists material for their deflections.

  3. #33
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,545
    Thanks
    19743

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You give Mr. Blowhard way to much credit. And he had nothing to do with Gorsich. Nothing, notta, kein. The republicans just played dirty like they always do.

    Republicans are bad!!
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    22,539
    Thanks
    9961

    From
    In before the DERP!!!
    Maddie!!!

    LMAO!

    Fox News Posts Onion Obama Story Amid Real News

    The Friday after Thanksgiving can be a slow news day, but that probably doesn't explain Fox News posting a fake Onion story about President Obama alongside its real news stories.

    The satirical story, with the headline "The Onion: Frustrated Obama Sends Nation Rambling 75,000-Word E-Mail," appeared in the Fox Nation section of the site Friday.

    Beside it was the more serious headline, "China Issues Warning Ahead of U.S.-South Korea Drills."

    https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-sit...al-news-22840/

    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 5th March 2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  5. #35
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,545
    Thanks
    19743

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I can't remember a president actually doing anything to me personally. How in the hell could anyone answer this question with anything other than....."I dunno...."
    Maybe.

    But am guessing if the question was posed "What did Obama ever do that was good for me personally" ( on this forum) there would be an abundance of responses.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    22,539
    Thanks
    9961

    From
    In before the DERP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Maybe.

    But am guessing if the question was posed "What did Obama ever do that was good for me personally" ( on this forum) there would be an abundance of responses.
    WASHINGTON—Having admittedly "reached the end of [his] rope," President Barack Obama sent a rambling 75,000-word e-mail to the entire nation Wednesday, revealing deep frustrations with America's political culture, his presidency, U.S. citizens, and himself.


    The president's e-mail also CC'd a number of world leaders.
    The e-mail, which was titled "A couple things," addressed countless topics in a dense, stream-of-consciousness rant that often went on for hundreds of words without any punctuation or paragraph breaks. Throughout, the president expressed his aggravation on subjects as disparate as the war in Afghanistan, the sluggish economic recovery, his live-in mother-in-law, China's undervalued currency, Boston's Logan Airport, and tort reform.

    According to its timestamp, the e-mail was sent at 4:26 a.m.

    "Hey Everyone," read the first line of the president's note, which at 27 megabytes proved too large for millions of Americans' in-boxes. "I'm writing to you because I need to clear up some important issues. First and foremost, I want to say that this has nothing to do with the midterm elections because I was going to send an e-mail regardless of the outcome. However, I guess one could argue that, in the end, the midterms are an important measure of a president's overall success, though I wouldn't go so far as to call the results a referendum. Legislatively, I feel I've had a lot of success that I think history will judge quite favorably. I mean, pretty much every modern president has seen his party lose seats during a midterm, you know?

    "Anyway," the e-mail continued.

    A 150-page printout confirms that while Obama's points are generally cogent in the first quarter of the message, the increasingly chaotic spacing, multiple spelling errors, and near total lack of commas rendered the later portions almost impossible to parse.

    Excerpts indicate an erratic use of capitalized and underlined words, with the phrase "Stopped a second Great Depression" mentioned 14 times in a bolded red font double the size of surrounding text. In addition, the e-mail contained multiple links to the Wikipedia entry for Social Security and line graphs of Ronald Reagan's year-by-year approval ratings.

    Because Obama copied and pasted some critical passages directly from right-wing editorials and personal blogs, the e-mail included formatting irregularities that caused many citizens to receive a message in which all of the apostrophes were replaced with question marks. Moreover, some software flagged it as spam.

    "I don?t mean to be rude, but I thought we were all on the samepage about helath care reform," the 29th paragraph of Obama's e-mail read in part. "It was part of my platform. You all knew I was goingt o pursue it when you elected me. And just real fast, going back on what I said earlier, the economic stimulus cut taxes for 95% of Americans. It didn't raise them. It cut them. You people need to look at facts and stop litnening to all the right wing crap out there. By the way, we're basically out of Iraq now. You?re welcome."

  7. #37
    Rent Free in Lefty Heads excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,973
    Thanks
    3756

    From
    The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You give Mr. Blowhard way to much credit. And he had nothing to do with Gorsich. Nothing, notta, kein. The republicans just played dirty like they always do.

    LOL

    Name the last time a POTUS in his last year in office had a Supreme Court nominee approved that was nominated that same year. It is a rare event.

  8. #38
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    15,294
    Thanks
    11587

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Are we in a war or economic recession? If not, then how does Trump get ranked last?
    Maybe because he's a Racist Pig and shows no respect or class for the Presidency? And maybe, just maybe, because he's been Derelict in his Duties. I mean I'm just guessing here.

    Obama cleaned up the mess that was handed to him by a Republican and handed it off to a another Republican Derelict.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and EnigmaO01

  9. #39
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,787
    Thanks
    2932

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    The NYT published its annual ranking of U.S. Presidents on February 18, 2018, drawn from a survey of leading American political scientists.

    They rated Trump dead-bang last.

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...residents.html

    C-SPAN also ranks U.S. Presidents every year. They ask historians, not political scientists, and have not yet published a ranking that includes Trump. Their most recent version lists the 5 worst as Tyler, Harding, Pierce, A. Johnson and Buchanan.

    Does it matter? Clearly, Trump might have time left to rehabilitate his broken presidency, but that's unlikely. It's telling that so many political scientists in the U.S. condemned him as harshly as possible only months into his term.

    It might matter to a Trump supporter wondering why they are still agitating for this spectacular failure of a man and his presidency. Review this page, which comes up when I google "Trump's worst tweets as president":

    https://www.google.com/search?safe=o...MYXebU#imgrc=_



    Of all the shit Trump talks, this disturbs me the most because it reveals that he sees black Americans as some sort of "other". In Trump's view, black Americans do not have their own lives and achievements, but rather rise or fall AS AN UNDIFFERENTIATED, AMORPHOUS GROUP with the fates of the most famous black Americans around.

    This is the sort of broken humanity that inspired some white racists to refer to Frederick Douglass as a "credit to his race" in my hearing, during the 1960's, while simultaneously tormenting these citizens in every possible way, including murdering little kids in their church on a Sunday morning with a bomb.



    https://www.splcenter.org/what-we-do...rights-martyrs

    Obama was not "the black president" -- he was the president, and ONE interesting thing to know about him is, he is black.

    The NYT's poll places Obama 8th, making him one of only 4 top 10 presidents to have served after WW II.

    https://assets.rbl.ms/13967496/980x.jpg

    If you LOVE Trump and you HATE Obama, you can now clearly see that you are out of touch with political scientists, who are from both political parties or independents.

    Please, if this describes you, could you kindly explain how you reached your opinion, because I just cannot understand it. Regardless of whether you think Trump would be fun to grab a beer with, you surely cannot still be denying that Trump is appallingly bad at president-ing.

    Do these NYT poll result mean Trump will be impeached? IDK. Today's polls reveal his ratings continue to fall, even in states in which he had a sizable base when he was elected, such as Louisiana..

    Trump has lost support in every state since inauguration | Daily Mail Online

    I also DK whether it is productive to compare his popularity across time to that of Nixon or Clinton, but in case you think it might be, here's that data:



    Forget whether Trump can evade impeachment. Is Trump even minimally competent to be president? If you think he is, kindly explain what you think he has accomplished that's so impressive? Do you WANT Trump to stay in office?

    WHY?

    This is not a parody:



    Nor is this:



    http://www.burrardstreetjournal.com/...ada-if-needed/

    Which is beyond dangerous, because of this:



    I cannot imagine how any thinking person can look at Trump's job performance thus far, and think "Good job!"

    If you do, could you kindly explain it to me?

    Your thoughts?
    The NYT...really? Of course they objectively came to this conclusion.

  10. #40
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,545
    Thanks
    19743

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    WASHINGTON—Having admittedly "reached the end of [his] rope," President Barack Obama sent a rambling 75,000-word e-mail to the entire nation Wednesday, revealing deep frustrations with America's political culture, his presidency, U.S. citizens, and himself.


    The president's e-mail also CC'd a number of world leaders.
    The e-mail, which was titled "A couple things," addressed countless topics in a dense, stream-of-consciousness rant that often went on for hundreds of words without any punctuation or paragraph breaks. Throughout, the president expressed his aggravation on subjects as disparate as the war in Afghanistan, the sluggish economic recovery, his live-in mother-in-law, China's undervalued currency, Boston's Logan Airport, and tort reform.

    According to its timestamp, the e-mail was sent at 4:26 a.m.

    "Hey Everyone," read the first line of the president's note, which at 27 megabytes proved too large for millions of Americans' in-boxes. "I'm writing to you because I need to clear up some important issues. First and foremost, I want to say that this has nothing to do with the midterm elections because I was going to send an e-mail regardless of the outcome. However, I guess one could argue that, in the end, the midterms are an important measure of a president's overall success, though I wouldn't go so far as to call the results a referendum. Legislatively, I feel I've had a lot of success that I think history will judge quite favorably. I mean, pretty much every modern president has seen his party lose seats during a midterm, you know?

    "Anyway," the e-mail continued.

    A 150-page printout confirms that while Obama's points are generally cogent in the first quarter of the message, the increasingly chaotic spacing, multiple spelling errors, and near total lack of commas rendered the later portions almost impossible to parse.

    Excerpts indicate an erratic use of capitalized and underlined words, with the phrase "Stopped a second Great Depression" mentioned 14 times in a bolded red font double the size of surrounding text. In addition, the e-mail contained multiple links to the Wikipedia entry for Social Security and line graphs of Ronald Reagan's year-by-year approval ratings.

    Because Obama copied and pasted some critical passages directly from right-wing editorials and personal blogs, the e-mail included formatting irregularities that caused many citizens to receive a message in which all of the apostrophes were replaced with question marks. Moreover, some software flagged it as spam.

    "I don?t mean to be rude, but I thought we were all on the samepage about helath care reform," the 29th paragraph of Obama's e-mail read in part. "It was part of my platform. You all knew I was goingt o pursue it when you elected me. And just real fast, going back on what I said earlier, the economic stimulus cut taxes for 95% of Americans. It didn't raise them. It cut them. You people need to look at facts and stop litnening to all the right wing crap out there. By the way, we're basically out of Iraq now. You?re welcome."
    Yeah, onion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama ranked as 12th best President
    By Bourne in forum World Politics
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 20th February 2017, 07:33 AM
  2. Americans Think Trump Will Be Worst President Since Nixon.
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th January 2017, 02:01 PM
  3. Replies: 189
    Last Post: 10th April 2016, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29th August 2011, 08:38 PM
  5. Obama ranked 15th best President
    By Bourne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 14th July 2010, 08:00 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed