Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69
Thanks Tree58Thanks

Thread: Russian Money

  1. #21
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,922
    Thanks
    1449

    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    Gee, aren't neo republicans and Libertarians the one's always whining about how leftist and radically socialist Democrats are? You and others seem a bit confused. When it is "convenient" to call Dems "in bed" with corporate capitalists, you're all over it, when it is "convenient" call democrats radical leftist socialists (equivalent of communists) that applies too. Apparently you and some others seem to think no one notices how you do that.

    It's the same with claiming the U.S. is the highest taxed nation in the world, UNTIL someone mentions how happy people in Scandinavian nations are. THEN you'll hear from the neo republican/Libertarian contingent about how highly taxed THEY (Scandinavians countries) are.

    How long are Americans that do not pay attention to the contradictions of their so called "leaders" or those hired to be propagandists in this country or from other countries, keep ignoring those contradictions and hold those making them, accountable, INSTEAD of those the propagandists are trying to claim hold two completely opposing characteristics simultaneously?
    Rather than confront the disease within the Democrat Party, you go off on one. Seems common on this forum. All empty bleedin hearting and no real content. Types that think wearing a 'I care, I does' badge is enough!

  2. #22
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,763
    Thanks
    31212

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Rather than confront the disease within the Democrat Party, you go off on one. Seems common on this forum. All empty bleedin hearting and no real content. Types that think wearing a 'I care, I does' badge is enough!
    Disease in the DEmocratic Party? No offense, but your party is the one in bed with the Russians.
    Thanks from RNG

  3. #23
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,922
    Thanks
    1449

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Disease in the DEmocratic Party? No offense, but your party is the one in bed with the Russians.
    I'm neither American or right wing. I'm merely observant.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,362
    Thanks
    23331

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Rather than confront the disease within the Democrat Party, you go off on one. Seems common on this forum. All empty bleedin hearting and no real content. Types that think wearing a 'I care, I does' badge is enough!
    Heres what happened when California attempted to limit campaign donation on the local level.

    State lawmakers rejected a plan on Monday to place limits on individual campaign donations for city and county offices, races where in some California communities there are no restrictions on the size of a legal donation.

    Assembly Bill 2523 was supported by a simple majority of senators, but had been recently amended to require a supermajority vote to actually pass.

    snip

    Floor debate over the bill had just begun when Senate Republicans halted the proceedings and asked for a private caucus meeting of their members.

    The bill would have required only a single GOP senator's support to pass.

    An effort to impose campaign donation limits on local races is killed by the state Senate - LA Times
    and here is a whole paper from the Cato Institute arguing against campaign finance reform.

    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o.../pdf/pa238.pdf
    Last edited by labrea; 5th August 2017 at 08:54 AM.
    Thanks from MaryAnne and Friday13

  5. #25
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,763
    Thanks
    31212

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    I'm neither American or right wing. I'm merely observant.
    I know you aren't. That is why I pay little attention. You asked for that!

  6. #26
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,922
    Thanks
    1449

    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Heres what happened when California attempted to limit campaign donation on the local level.



    and here is a whole paper from the Cato Institute gauging against campaign finance reform.

    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o.../pdf/pa238.pdf
    Certainly difficult to shift the emphasis away from big donors (we did it with Corbyn mind you, despite all the whining from the Blairites that big money is needed. It takes rejection of right wing economics). However, at least be honest about it. This thread is a whinge about the Republicans when we know a lot of folk were turned off from Clinton for being a corporate mouthpiece.

  7. #27
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,922
    Thanks
    1449

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I know you aren't. That is why I pay little attention. You asked for that!
    I'd prefer you stopped with the hypocrisy, but hey ho!

  8. #28
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    33,343
    Thanks
    19048

    From
    Toronto
    And they hand out all this money to foreign political parties, Le Pen/FN in France, GOP in America, etc, while at least 25 mln Russians live under the powerty line, that is - on less than 5 dollars a day...
    Thanks from labrea and Friday13

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,362
    Thanks
    23331

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Certainly difficult to shift the emphasis away from big donors (we did it with Corbyn mind you, despite all the whining from the Blairites that big money is needed. It takes rejection of right wing economics). However, at least be honest about it. This thread is a whinge about the Republicans when we know a lot of folk were turned off from Clinton for being a corporate mouthpiece.
    To be honest, I supported Bernie Sanders.

    This thread, however, is about Russian money (and influence) in Trumps campaign. That is in violation of our law.

  10. #30
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,922
    Thanks
    1449

    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    To be honest, I supported Bernie Sanders.

    This thread, however, is about Russian money (and influence) in Trumps campaign. That is in violation of our law.
    But its more than that isn't it? Its also about Democrats hiding from how their ineptness enabled Trump's victory.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th July 2017, 04:00 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st June 2017, 11:40 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st March 2017, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th March 2017, 08:36 AM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 3rd October 2014, 10:21 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed