Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Russian Money

  1. #51
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    7751

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    I'm surprised you have the time on here, given the stand-up career
    Thanks from labrea and KnotaFrayed

  2. #52
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,210
    Thanks
    10113

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Rather than confront the disease within the Democrat Party, you go off on one. Seems common on this forum. All empty bleedin hearting and no real content. Types that think wearing a 'I care, I does' badge is enough!
    Rather than acknowledge your own BS, you try to pin what you are doing on others. That old "reversal" crap has gotten old and more and more people are on to it. I WAS a Republican, grew up in a Republican family and have loads of Republican friends and family. MOST of them left the party, the same as I did, because of the denial and the type of crap you are spewing and trying to sell, that only ignorant people are buying.

    So keep on trying, all you like, IT ain't gonna wash, as more and more people begin to see it for what it is, UTTER BS!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 5th August 2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  3. #53
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,415
    Thanks
    1198

    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    Rather than acknowledge your own BS, you try to pin what you are doing on others. That old "reversal" crap has gotten old and more and more people are on to it. I WAS a Republican, grew up in a Republican family and have loads of Republican friends and family. MOST of them left the party, the same as I did, because of the denial and the type of crap you are spewing and trying to sell, that only ignorant people are buying.

    So keep on trying, all you like, IT ain't gonna wash, as more and more people begin to see it for what it is. BS!!!!!!!!!
    You left the Republican party because of English Socialism? Super! Glad I could help.

  4. #54
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12,210
    Thanks
    10113

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    You left the Republican party because of English Socialism? Super! Glad I could help.
    Is that what you claim of all Independents who were once members of the Republican Party, when it was a different party than the current one? Your "intelligence" is showing. That you may be or are English or somehow believe those who do not agree with you and the current republican ideology (which is what exactly, with regard to consistent, other consistent displays of ignorance and loyalty to absurdities?) are somehow aligned with George Orwell's take on politics or moving away from George Orwell's take on politics, (your "because of" is a bit confusing, with regard to whether you believe I left the Republican Party because it was ingsoc or to pursue something more aligned with ingsoc) is "good" for you. Perhaps as good as your commenting on what you claim to know about others, which by your postings, appears to be very little. Your trying to play snarky is also a fail, but continue if you like. Imagine what you will about yourself. That does not mean it aligns with what people (who are not fooled by your crap), are seeing.

    George Orwell has an independent view of what he believed he saw of "conservatives" and "liberals" doing and he his views into fiction, based on what he thought was true. I and other members of my family and friends who left the Republican Party, because of the "neo" faction ("neo" being somewhat, if not wholly, an oxymoron with consideration to the definition of the word "conservative"), not to pursue Orwell's dystopia, but because the neo republican party came to represent nothing, but itself and nothing, but individualism, where the reality is, people live in societies of other people, not as totally self sufficient, self reliant individuals spread out dotting the landscape rarely if ever communicating or seeing one another.

    Most of my family and friends were/are Lincoln, T Roosevelt, Rockefeller, Eisenhower Republicans and would be/had been called RINOs by today's "republican" standards. They/we also did not try to fool ourselves that even the sort of Republicanism we believed was okay, was absolutely perfect or could do or did no wrong.

    Trump seems to epitomize the neo republican party with what appears to be his Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Something that appears to be prevalent among his supporters, as well.

    Even in Lincoln's time (the Republican Party is called the "party of Lincoln" for a reason) there were hardcore hardliners who were far more "conservative" than he and closer to today's "republicans" who appear to have a somewhat fascist attitude when it comes to a need to control others, for the sake of controlling others, NOT for the common good or general welfare. In other words, the neo republican party appears to be more interested not so much in dismantling government for the general welfare or common good, but for their personal profit, much like a band of thieves who find themselves in the position of power to dissolve all laws that barred thievery versus those that used power to empower all, not just a select few. Take taxes for example, Who doesn't want a tax cut? At the same time, who wants to see taxes raised? Why would people worried about paying their nation's bills, want LESS revenue to do so? What GREEDY people would want to pay MORE in taxes?

    If one has bills to pay, the generally do not call for cuts in their income (revenue), even though for their employers, it would be a magnificent thing. When people agree to go out for pizza and split the bill, nice/good people generally remember they agreed to split the bill and those who have lots of spare money pitch in more so those with less are spending a smaller proportion of their income, to but the pizza. After the meal, the wealthier people in the group, are still wealthy, the poorer people in the group are did not have stretch their budgets and all people got fed. The neo republican party seems to think that if one earns more money, they are more deserving of all things. That would mean because someone like Ken Lay or Bernie Madoff could rip off their customers to the tune of millions or billions, they "deserved" all the money they had, by virtue of their being "rich" and poor people are only poor, because they have no motivation, they are lazy or they like being poor. The attitude among some is the rich deserve every penny of their 6,7 and 8 figure incomes, but the guy making $10 an hour is a lazy slug who doesn't deserve a cent more (that's why they were hired, right? - Because they were lazy or because they were cheap?)

    While some are gaining or retaining power because they are selling the BS that the only other option is Orwell's dystopia, others are seeing that as pure and utter BS!!

    Many know and have seen that balance, moderation and thoughtful mixes of government and non-government provide stable, widespread prosperity, while observing that others tend to want to return to the feudal system, as long as they can play the part of the lords and kings/queens/aristocracy/monarchs...... Of course those wanting to return to the feudal system are not going to claim that as their aim (because even THEY, know who the winners and losers are, in such a system) they are going to disguise it their being the spoliers and foilers of those aiming for a totalitarian government and existence, which as the world has already witnessed and history has shown, has failed, in pretty much every place it ever tried to exist, but perhaps for some totally isolated society, like North Korea.

    The experiment to retry Hitler's successful theory (for him) on propaganda and to whom it should be aimed, may have been successful again, in getting Donald Trump "elected" to be the POTUS, however, most Americans saw the BS from the very beginning and slowly (if 7 months is slow) more and more Americans are seeing the same BS others already saw, from the beginning and it is coming right from the tweety bird's tweets, NOT "fake news" about him.

    http://www.hitler.org/writings/Mein_Kampf/mkv1ch06.html
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 5th August 2017 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #55
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,415
    Thanks
    1198

    Quote Originally Posted by KnotaFrayed View Post
    Is that what you call all Independents? Your "intelligence" is showing. That you may be or are English, is "good" for you. Perhaps as good as your commenting on what you claim to know about others, which by your postings, appears to be very little. Your trying to play snarky is also a fail, but continue if you like. Imagine what you will about yourself. That does not mean it aligns with what people (who are not fooled by your crap), are seeing.
    You don't half blubber! Look, its very simple. Try shifting your schedule a tad. Just a little less whinging about Trump, just a smite more trying to make the Democratic Party fit for office.

    All you've achieved here is inform me that you don't give a toss that the Dems are infected by neo-McCarthyist cronies of corporate America

  6. #56
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    7751

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    You left the Republican party because of English Socialism? Super! Glad I could help.
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  7. #57
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    40,377
    Thanks
    29035

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Guess ole hot tub Tom got his share,too.along with Abramoff.

    Following the DeLay money trail to his Russian patrons | TheHill

  8. #58
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    7751

    From
    My own world

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th July 2017, 04:00 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st June 2017, 11:40 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st March 2017, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th March 2017, 08:36 AM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 3rd October 2014, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed