Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: Short of war, can the U.S. or even the UN prevent the spread of nukes and ICBM's?

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,760
    Thanks
    16947

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    We do not know that. Everything is impossible, until it isn't.
    Can you describe the magic shield that will instantly protect us and our buildings from the effects of blast, heat and radiation?

  2. #22
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    28,844
    Thanks
    7470

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Can you describe the magic shield that will instantly protect us and our buildings from the effects of blast, heat and radiation?

    Thanks to Ronald Reagan we have made leaps in Anti missile Defenses, until Obama shut down research and development. Now we are making advances again. thanks to the Anti-Trumpers making US Citizens targets instead of protecting them. Trump has more brains in his little finger than Obama had in all 57 states.

  3. #23
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    46,172
    Thanks
    21500

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Can you describe the magic shield that will instantly protect us and our buildings from the effects of blast, heat and radiation?
    Like I said earlier ... if I could, I would have invented it already.

  4. #24
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,222
    Thanks
    18150

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Thanks to Ronald Reagan we have made leaps in Anti missile Defenses, until Obama shut down research and development. Now we are making advances again. thanks to the Anti-Trumpers making US Citizens targets instead of protecting them. Trump has more brains in his little finger than Obama had in all 57 states.
    If you love him so much, why don't you marry him?

    I'm sure Melania is sick and tired of him by now. They ain't sleeping together, always a sign of a failed marriage

    You should make your move lol
    Last edited by The Man; 11th August 2017 at 04:07 PM.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  5. #25
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    25,009
    Thanks
    20811

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Find a way to defend against them such that they would either not have the same destructive power, or their effects could be sharply limited.

    I do not know what that would be. If I did, I would have invented it already.
    You're talking about a nuclear dampening field.

    Sorry. Won't be invented until 2312 AD, by Parna Chandramouli, in the Ceres Colony. Just five years before he invents the Chandramouli Drive, allowing humans to spread out into the galaxy. The 'Einstein of the 24th century', they will call him. Actually MORE of a genius than Einstein.

    I wasn't supposed to tell you that, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    7751

    From
    My own world
    In one word, no. The US can not prevent North Korea from getting nukes unless they are willing to use Nukes on the country before they get them.
    Thanks from Devil505

  7. #27
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    7751

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    You're talking about a nuclear dampening field.

    Sorry. Won't be invented until 2312 AD, by Parna Chandramouli, in the Ceres Colony. Just five years before he invents the Chandramouli Drive, allowing humans to spread out into the galaxy. The 'Einstein of the 24th century', they will call him. Actually MORE of a genius than Einstein.

    I wasn't supposed to tell you that, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
    Wow that must be some strong weed.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  8. #28
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    46,172
    Thanks
    21500

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    You're talking about a nuclear dampening field.

    Sorry. Won't be invented until 2312 AD, by Parna Chandramouli, in the Ceres Colony. Just five years before he invents the Chandramouli Drive, allowing humans to spread out into the galaxy. The 'Einstein of the 24th century', they will call him. Actually MORE of a genius than Einstein.

    I wasn't supposed to tell you that, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
    I suspect there is a reference here I am just not getting. Google was not much help, however.

  9. #29
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    25,009
    Thanks
    20811

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    I suspect there is a reference here I am just not getting. Google was not much help, however.
    Part of the science fiction novel I am writing.......
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  10. #30
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    7751

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Thanks to Ronald Reagan we have made leaps in Anti missile Defenses, until Obama shut down research and development. Now we are making advances again. thanks to the Anti-Trumpers making US Citizens targets instead of protecting them. Trump has more brains in his little finger than Obama had in all 57 states.
    What country was Trump attacking at the time? Iraq? At least Obama didn't confuse the country he sent missiles to with another. Oops.
    Trump recalls moment he launched missiles, confuses Iraq for Syria
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. US ICBM Missile Interceptor test successful.
    By Goofball in forum Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 30th May 2017, 04:12 PM
  2. Russia tests ICBM today
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 6th March 2014, 02:58 AM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 26th December 2012, 07:15 PM
  4. NATO Must Strike to Stop Spread of Nukes
    By Defensor in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd January 2008, 06:42 PM
  5. Iran Now Has ICBM Capability
    By rookie in forum World Politics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 3rd March 2007, 11:49 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed