Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: "Russia-bashing must stop"

  1. #11
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38,955
    Thanks
    24032

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by steezer View Post
    No, they get a bad rap because rap due Putin and his goons(oligarchs). It’s how it works.
    Some, if not even the majority of it, well deserved, sure.

    Not all, however.

    For example, I am having more and more doubts about the Skripal thing...

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,920
    Thanks
    10212

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post




    Russia-bashing must stop, says Jean-Claude Juncker

    Europeans are growing tired of the sanction wars...
    No can do.



    hehe
    Thanks from The Man

  3. #13
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    574

    From
    california
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Why not? Nothing wrong with collective self-defense.

    Hell, I said it before, in a perfect world, in my perfect world, Russia and ALL the other ex-Soviet republics, and NOT just the Balts, would have joined NATO as well, in 1991. That would be a truly global defense network, it could be renamed Northern Alliance Treaty Organization, still same initials Japan and South Korea could join too (or, a united Korea, at some point, this IS a perfect world, after all lol)

    Such an alliance could fight jihadism, contain China, etc.

    But, alas, I now doubt that'll ever happen...



    Putin, sure.

    But, I've seen too many racist American and other Western trolls bashing all Russians, as a people, Russian culture, Russian women, Russian athletes, all sorts of things. Which not only invites a similar response from Russian nationalist trolls, but also helps fuel anti-Western sentiments over there, btw...
    I don't know if I would call it racist but Russia is defiantly in the crosshairs of political hostility and the MSM that goes along with it. As far as collective defense I don't think the front lines are all that clear but euro countries such as Germany seem to have let their militaries run down so there's probably not much to expect from the Eurounion as far as a strong united front. Korea and Japan may go their own ways too.
    Thanks from The Man

  4. #14
    Junior Member Slartibartfast's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks
    566

    From
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by steezer View Post
    No, they get a bad rap because rap due Putin and his goons(oligarchs). It’s how it works.
    Because of the spin in the news. The media just fuel people's emotions to sell stories. Nothing more.
    Thanks from The Man

  5. #15
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38,955
    Thanks
    24032

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    Because of the spin in the news. The media just fuel people's emotions to sell stories. Nothing more.
    That's true, on BOTH sides. Russian "media" is mostly propaganda, especially on West-related topics; but here also, there are many biased, sensationalized and disproportionate articles, when it comes to Russia and Russians...
    Thanks from Slartibartfast

  6. #16
    res
    res is offline
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,570
    Thanks
    1102

    Which Juncker said this?

    The sober Juncker, the tipsy Juncker, or the most widely circulated version, drunk Juncker? Cause if it's drunk Juncker he probably won't remember it in the morning.
    Thanks from The Man

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    22,577
    Thanks
    9983

    From
    In before the DERP!!!
    Putin deserves every bit of criticism that comes his way; he's a lying, murdering buffoon who seemingly possesses no redeeming qualities.
    Thanks from OHjulie

  8. #18
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,261
    Thanks
    2170

    From
    Switzerland
    But Putin needs to show an hostile Western World to his voters ! He needs scapegoats to explain to his people why Russia is performing so poorly economically with such huge natural resources, with the little feed back of the huge sacrifices made by the Russian population over the last 100 years etc. He is at least interested in the Russian bashing which make among other things possible to breed his autocratism.
    Thanks from The Man

  9. #19
    Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,839
    Thanks
    2328

    From
    California
    Kamchatka alone justifies the whole nation. One of the worlds last true remaining places where man has not encroached much at all. Incredible fishing.
    Thanks from The Man

  10. #20
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38,955
    Thanks
    24032

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Putin deserves every bit of criticism that comes his way; he's a lying, murdering buffoon who seemingly possesses no redeeming qualities.
    He likes dogs

    That's a redeeming quality in my book, if only a small one

    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    But Putin needs to show an hostile Western World to his voters ! He needs scapegoats to explain to his people why Russia is performing so poorly economically with such huge natural resources, with the little feed back of the huge sacrifices made by the Russian population over the last 100 years etc.… He is at least interested in the Russian bashing which make among other things possible to breed his autocratism.
    True, as I said, it fuels, in return, anti-Western sentiment there. That's what I mean, this anti-Russian hysteria only helps Putin entrench himself in power...

    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    Kamchatka alone justifies the whole nation. One of the worlds last true remaining places where man has not encroached much at all. Incredible fishing.
    Indeed, that place is beautiful.

    Volcanoes


    Bears, largest brown bear protected reserve in the country


    And yes, the fishing too, as you say, all sorts of great and weird things you can catch there
    Thanks from Claudius the God

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 24th January 2017, 05:16 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th December 2016, 09:30 AM
  3. Police go from "stop and frisk" to "stop and spit?"
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th September 2016, 07:05 AM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 8th March 2014, 01:05 PM
  5. "Stop Bashing Our President, Barack Obama"
    By BoogyMan in forum Current Events
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 17th May 2010, 07:41 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed