‘Can you speak without screaming?’ Internet slams Doug Collins for trying to gaslight America on Trump impeachment

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
At Thursday’s hearing of the House Judiciary Committee, as House Democrats smacked down GOP efforts to sabotage the impeachment proceedings, ranking member Doug Collins (R-GA) delivered a furious rant to try to build a counternarrative against President Donald Trump’s bribery and abuses of power. In particular, he shouted that no fact witnesses were being presented — even though the Intelligence Committee called several such witnesses and even though Trump himself was blocking several other key witnesses in his administration from testifying.

Commenters on social media quickly piled on Collins’ assault on reality:

that's all he did for the duration. Scream and whine and repeat the same bs over and over again. And for the record, no he never did provide any facts.

May 2019
The Wine Country
Heh.

That was hilarious.

I'm sure those polyester-clad pissants thought they sounded like William Jennings Bryan thundering about a Cross Of Gold.

Actually they sounded like senile old coots trying to return soup at a deli.

Pure clown show.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Orangemanbad
At Thursday’s hearing of the House Judiciary Committee, as House Democrats smacked down GOP efforts to sabotage the impeachment proceedings, ranking member Doug Collins (R-GA) delivered a furious rant to try to build a counternarrative against President Donald Trump’s bribery and abuses of power. In particular, he shouted that no fact witnesses were being presented — even though the Intelligence Committee called several such witnesses and even though Trump himself was blocking several other key witnesses in his administration from testifying.

Commenters on social media quickly piled on Collins’ assault on reality:

that's all he did for the duration. Scream and whine and repeat the same bs over and over again. And for the record, no he never did provide any facts.
Shrill. Strident. That time of the month?

Jul 2015
Florida
APPARENTLY NOT!

I called his office told his PHONE ANSWERER his party needed to save it till they owned it in the SENATE. I was getting GD sick and tired of having to MUTE the TV to talk to business assocs over the course of the few days. I said he looked like an ASS.