‘Completely Erroneous’: New York Times Busted for Fake News Story on Harriet Tubman $20 Bill

Jul 2013
Ohio
LMAO .....

Says the person who still thinks there is eveidence Trump colluded with the Russians.

Is it good or bad to get opposition research "DIRT" on the other tribes candidate from Russians?

I don't think you are exactly informed enough to be trying to discern what is a LIE and what id the TRUTH.

You should leave those task to the more informed folks.
Distraction, the tool of Trumpies.....doesn't work with me.

I've composed a tweet for Trump to copy to set the story straight:

Trump: "I look forward to the release of the $20 Harriet Tubman bill during my presidency. (That'll show Obama.)"

Won't happen, will it?
LOL

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Distraction, the tool of Trumpies.....doesn't work with me.

I've composed a tweet for Trump to copy to set the story straight:

Trump: "I look forward to the release of the $20 Harriet Tubman bill during my presidency. (That'll show Obama.)"

Won't happen, will it?
LOL
Blames distraction ....

Then post a distraction ...........

You really aren't very good at this are you?

Meanwhile .....

Back to the topic ......

This is just another fake news story from Fake News NY Times that has been debunked.

In fact there are several debunked fake news stories this morning from Fake News NY Times.

Jul 2013
Ohio
Blames distraction ....

Then post a distraction ...........

You really aren't very good at this are you?

Meanwhile .....

Back to the topic ......

This is just another fake news story from Fake News NY Times that has been debunked.

In fact there are several debunked fake news stories this morning from Fake News NY Times.
Trump shared his true feelings, and that of his supporters, about the $20 Harriet Tubman bill......while campaigning.

And this is what's behind the delay:

Trump was a vocal critic of the plan to put Tubman on the $20 bill, which originated under President Barack Obama. While campaigning Trump called the move “pure political correctness.” He proposed putting her portrait on the $2 bill instead.

Mnuchin delayed Harriet Tubman $20 bill even as design work was well under way, report says

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Trump shared his true feelings, and that of his supporters, about the $20 Harriet Tubman bill......while campaigning.

And this is what's behind the delay:

Trump was a vocal critic of the plan to put Tubman on the $20 bill, which originated under President Barack Obama. While campaigning Trump called the move “pure political correctness.” He proposed putting her portrait on the $2 bill instead.

Mnuchin delayed Harriet Tubman $20 bill even as design work was well under way, report says
You keep bleating the Fake News.

We all know the Sheeple can't help themselves.

Nov 2016
USA
The irony of using the fake Breitbart to trash a NYT story (which, BTW, DID include, in detail, Treasury’s denial/explanation/spin) is, well, ironic.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The irony of using the fake Breitbart to trash a NYT story (which, BTW, DID include, in detail, Treasury’s denial/explanation/spin) is, well, ironic.
You admit that the article is accurate .....

But, then suggest that the Treasury Departments rebuttal to the Fake News NY Times story is "SPIN" .....

And, you claim it to be Irony?

The only Irony here is your failed comment trying to suggest this isn't an accurate story.

Nov 2018
Maryland
The NY Slimes has been putting out fake news for a long time. But, there are other sources the Trump haters depend on just as much, and they too are fake news hotspots.

You would think by now, based the fact that these leftist sources have been outed and we now know about their total lying and mishaps, that their followers would be smart enough to actually start searching for the truth elsewhere.

While the left has been losing followers, particularly viewership for CNN, still there are some on this board who continue to follow fake news.

It's no wonder they are referred to as low information, but it's worse than that. Low information may imply some truth, but these rabid fake news followers are simply prey for the leftist mouthpieces and are really useful idiots.

Mar 2019
"US" of A
The U.S. Treasury is denying a piece from the New York Times which accused the Trump administration of delaying the release of the $20 Harriet Tubman bill and doing so for political reasons.

The New York Times ran a piece Friday, wrought with speculation on Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s rationale for “delaying” the release of Harriet Tubman’s $20 bill.

Former Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew set the process in motion in 2016. Proponents of the bill change hoped that it would be completed by 2020, in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment. However, during an appearance before the House Financial Services Committee in May, Mnuchin noted that a 2020 rollout was improbable– if not impossible– due to daunting technical issues. Mnuchin indicated that the redesigned bill would make an emergence in 2028 with designs coming out two years prior.

However, the New York Times spoke to an anonymous employee of the bureau, who supposedly viewed a digital image of the redesigned bill.

'Completely Erroneous': NYT Busted for Fake News Story On Tubman Bill

Another anonymous sourced fake news story from fake news New York Times.

There is a reason Americans believe the Fake News MSM is the Enemy of the American People.

I wonder how many of our Sheeple friends believed this story?

I wonder how many of our Sheeple friends still believe this story.

I'm shocked. I knew the corporate state media machine would lie us into endless illegal bogus wars, but this?!?!?!?!?

Mar 2019
"US" of A
The NY Slimes has been putting out fake news for a long time. But, there are other sources the Trump haters depend on just as much, and they too are fake news hotspots.

You would think by now, based the fact that these leftist sources have been outed and we now know about their total lying and mishaps, that their followers would be smart enough to actually start searching for the truth elsewhere.

While the left has been losing followers, particularly viewership for CNN, still there are some on this board who continue to follow fake news.

It's no wonder they are referred to as low information, but it's worse than that. Low information may imply some truth, but these rabid fake news followers are simply prey for the leftist mouthpieces and are really useful idiots.
The american history you were taught was fake, the imprinting goes way back.

Nov 2018
Maryland
The american history you were taught was fake, the imprinting goes way back.
A lot of what I was taught may not have been completely true, but the basic premise that we are a great country, had great leaders and we cherished our freedoms, rings true, even when others attack our institutions and way of life. All of those who served in WWII, may also have been told a few untruths, but that didn't stop them from doing the right thing and going to war against tyrannical leaders, who wanted to enslave others.